Baby Evie

Phoebe

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you guys liked the end scene!

Chapter 11

They were all sitting around one of the larger tables at Angelo's, Evelyn had Matt and VJ either side of her. She was happy, everyone was happy. Ricky came around with everyone's drinks and handed Evelyn her lemonade with a wink. VJ and Oscar were having an argument about some sci-fi film they had both watched, Maddy was trying to get Oscar's attention and Leah and Zac were just watching them all with smiles on their faces.
"I thought you hated lemonade?" Matt grabbed her hand and squeezed. Evelyn had to give up a lot of food and drink when she got pregnant and one of them was Red Bull. Evelyn was missing it, she was pretty much addicted to it and now she's gone cold turkey. She rested her head on Matt's shoulder.
"I do, but I gotta do what I gotta do. After I give birth don't give me flowers give me two massive cans of Red Bull instead, it's cheaper and I'll like it more than flowers." Matt shook his head and laughed at her. The two of them hadn't announced their relationship yet, Evelyn was assuming that they'd catch on and they wouldn't have to tell anyone.
"You can't drink it if you're breast feeding, you know that right?" Evelyn took a sip of her lemonade. She sees that Maddy finally got Oscar's attention and they were whispering about something. Vj was texting someone under the table so Leah couldn't see he was on his phone.
"I don't think I really want to breast feed, I'll do it just after the baby is born but that's it." Matt raised his eyebrows at her. Her and Ricky had an argument about it the other day, Ricky was trying to get her to change her mind and when she wouldn't Ricky got annoyed but they quickly fixed things.
"I was expecting that you would want to, but it's your choice. I promise I'll bring you some Red Bull after the baby is born." Evelyn wrapped one arm around his waist. Matt was looking down at her like she was something precious, when she was around him she felt precious. Evelyn looked up and made eye contact with Maddy who was smiling at her. Maddy nudged Oscar in the stomach and pointed at them. Oscar gave them a thumbs up. "Something's telling me that they're happy we're together." Evelyn laughed and nodded her head.
"Yeah I think they are." Ricky walked up to the table with two plates of food and placed them in front of Zac and Leah and then went to get two more plates and continued until everyone had what they ordered in front of them.
"I'm glad to see you listen to me" Ricky said with a massive smile.
"Well I didn't exactly admit it first but yeah, we talked." Matt turned to face her with a surprised look on his face. She hadn't mentioned that she spoke about him to Ricky or that she was going to admit it first.
"You were going to admit it first? I put myself out on the line when I didn't have to?" Ricky ruffled Evelyn's hair before walking back behind the bar. Evelyn grabbed her fork and started eating her chips and gravy one of the only things she could eat on the menu.
"Yes I was but you did it first so thank you for that" The chatter of the table had died down since the food arrived. Evelyn's glass of lemonade was empty so she hopped up and walked up to the bar and put the glass down. "Please tell me that I can have a creaming soda and not hurt the baby, I can't stand lemonade." Ricky laughed and filled the glass with a pinkish red liquid.
"So things are pretty good over there I'm guessing, he's staring at you you know?" Evelyn took the glass and rolled her eyes at Ricky.
"Yes things are pretty good over there, and he always does that. Thanks for the drink, do you still want me to call later?" Ricky nodded her head furiously.
"Believe it or not, I need your help."

"Alright Miss Sharpe, what do you need me for?" Evelyn was snuggled underneath her blankets with her phone up to her ear. Ricky told her what time she got off work and demanded that she call straight away. The others were downstairs watching a movie Evelyn had already seen so she wasn't missing much.
"Nate wants to move in with me and I think I may be pregnant." Evelyn could barely make out what she was saying she's speaking so fast. Ricky might be pregnant? That's what she needed help with? How was Evelyn going to be any help with that?
"Uh, you might have to let him move in if you're pregnant." Ricky sighed loudly. Evelyn could hear Casey in the background making his usual baby noises. Evelyn couldn't imagine Ricky with another baby, and she couldn't imagine Ricky and Nate living together either.
"I know that Evie, I haven't got myself a test yet, that's where you come in." Ricky wanted Evelyn, who was now clearly pregnant, to go buy her a pregnancy test. Ricky was lucky that Evelyn loved her.
"Alright, I'll go get one after work tomorrow. You can pay me back in chocolates." Ricky laughed at her. They said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Evelyn placed her hand on her stomach and smiled, she couldn't wait to meet her son or daughter and she couldn't wait to find out the gender of the baby as well. She hoped out of bed and went downstairs where the others were. She sat beside Maddy and leaned her head on her shoulder.
"That was one of the quickest phone calls you and Ricky have ever had. How are you feeling?" They were watching the first pitch perfect movie, clearly Maddy's choice. They were up to the part where Fat Amy get hits by a burrito.
"Pregnant, I feel pregnant." Maddy put her hand on Evelyn's stomach, after a little while there was a kick.
"Oh my gosh did you feel that?" Maddy nodded and placed her hand back on Evelyn's stomach to see if the baby would kick again.
"Did she feel what?" Leah walked up behind the two of them with a cup of coffee in her hand.
"The baby just kicked, for the first time and I got to feel it!" Maddy pretty much squealed she was that excited. Matt jumped and ran over to them.
"Seriously? Let me feel" Maddy moved her hand out of the way and Matt placed his hand on Evelyn's stomach and waited. The baby kicked again and Matt looked up at her with a massive smile on his face. Leah looked down at them both with a smile on her face.
"That's so cool, did it feel like it had less or more toes than usual? Because in this book I read it was the first sign of the baby being an alien." Oscar yelled out over all of the excitement. Evelyn grabbed a nearby pillow and threw it him, it hit him in the face.
"Stop with the alien baby talk!"

Evelyn felt ridiculous. She picked up a pregnancy test, it was similar to the one she had used herself just a few months ago. She could see people giving her funny looks and she didn't blame them. She grabbed another brand of pregnancy test and walked towards the counter only to be stopped Josh. He raised his eyebrows at her.
"Evelyn, you're pregnant, no doubt about it now" He said eyeing her stomach. Evelyn folded her arms over her more-than-slightly swollen stomach. He had no right to comment on the situation.
"Just wanted to make sure, maybe I'm just fat." She said bitterly and shoved past him to try and get to the counter again only to be stopped by him again.
"Is Maddy pregnant or something? I didn't think that brother of yours had it in him." Evelyn glared at him. She couldn't stand Josh anymore, he was just so infuriating.
"It's not Maddy and Oscar could get her pregnant if he wanted to, for your information. I'm done talking to you so if you would excuse me." Evelyn walked past him making sure to hit his shoulder on her way. The guy behind the counter gave her funny looks as he rung up both pregnancy tests, she payed him and left the shop. Ricky was waiting for her in the car, she looked nervous. "You owe me big time, Josh saw me! He thought they were for Maddy." Ricky looked behind her checking to see if Casey was still asleep and he was.
"I'm sorry! I just didn't want to go in and buy one for myself. You should probably tell Maddy and Oscar incase Josh is stupid about it." Evelyn nodded her head. She understood where Ricky was coming from. Evelyn payed some random person off the street to go buy hers incase someone she knew was working behind the counter. Ricky started up the car and started driving back to her house. Evelyn waved to Matt and Vj as the passed them, Matt made a love heart with his hands. They pulled into Ricky's driveway and got out. Evelyn handed Ricky the tests and got Casey out of his seat. When she entered the house Ricky was already in the toilet. Evelyn sat Casey on her lap and started making funny faces at him, he giggled at her. Ricky walked out with both sticks in her hand. She looked pale
"Rick, it's going to be okay you know, if you are pregnant. If I can do it you can do it for a second time" Ricky sat the tests down and put head in her hands.
"Why do these things take so long?" Evelyn continued to make funny faces at Casey. Ricky suddenly gasped. "Evelyn, they're both positive."

She was sitting on Oscar's bed waiting for him to get home with Maddy so she can tell him about josh. He wasn't going to be happy and she knew it, he'd probably be annoyed at her. It wasn't her fault, it was Ricky's if she was being honest, she couldn't say that to her though now that she knows she's pregnant. Ricky gave her permission to tell them so that's what she was going to do. Oscar's door flew open and Oscar walked and jumped a meter when he saw her sitting on his bed.
"Hello sister, nice for you to let me know you were in my room." Evelyn patted the bit of bed beside her and he sat down.
"I was buying a pregnancy tests for Ricky and Josh saw me and assumed that they were for Maddy, I told him that they weren't but you know Josh." Oscar ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh and he doesn't think you have it in you to get her pregnant, please don't take that as a challenge." Oscar's jaw clenched.
"Well thanks for letting me know. God I hate that guy." Evelyn wrapped her arms around him in a hug.
"Do you hate every guy I've ever dated?" Oscar laughed.
"Yeah pretty much." They both laughed. He smiled at her and moved away. He pushed back until he was up against the headboard.
"I hope you don't end up hating Matt" Oscar shook his head.
"As long as he doesn't question my ability to do anything then we'll be perfectly fine." Evelyn laughed at him and grabbed one of his pillows and hugged it to her chest.
"I don't think Matt would be so stupid, he does have a brain in his head you know" Evelyn moved so she was right beside him."You're a pretty cool brother you know that?" He nudged her with his elbow.
"You're a pretty cool sister too. I love you a lot." Evelyn rolled her eyes.
"I love you too dork."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone! You're all really awesome! I really like this chapter so I hope you guys do too :)

Chapter 12

"No fighting with Wayne this time okay? This is an important ultrasound you know that." It was an important ultrasound, Evelyn was finding out the gender of the baby and she wanted it to all go smoothly. Evelyn had got Zac to talk to Matt earlier about trying to make things as easy as possible for Evelyn and Matt's reply was the only way things were going to be easy was if Tank was out of the picture. Matt's grip on the steering wheel tightened.
"Are you going to say the same thing to him too? Or is he too precious to have a go at?" Matt sounded the way he did the night Evelyn announced she was pregnant. Tank brought out this scary anger in Matt and Evelyn hated it because he didn't just get snappy at Tank he got snappy at Evelyn too.
"You know what, just drop me off at the hospital and leave. I won't put up with it, not today buddy." Matt clenched his jaw and pulled into the hospital parking lot. He parked and looked at Evelyn expectantly, she stared right back at him. "Well, I'll see you when I see you." She opened the car door and got out, Matt sped off quickly afterwards. Tank was happy to see her alone.
"No boyfriend today?" Tank said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She shoved it off and stormed ahead of him. She could hear him chuckle behind her. She found Hannah by the nurses station. She quickly ran up to her and hugged her.
"Are you able to take me home after my ultrasound? My only other option is Wayne and I don't want to do that. If you can't I'll just call a taxi." Evelyn didn't realise she was crying until Hannah started wiping the tears off her cheeks. Her emotions had been all over the place and fighting with Matt didn't make things better.
"Of course I can. Today's meant to be happy, so be happy. Good luck and I'll see you after." Evelyn nodded and walked into the waiting room where Tank was already waiting. She sat two seats away from him and picked up an old copy of Women's Weekly and pretended to be interested in the old celebrity gossip. Her midwife walked around the corner and called her name. She and Tank both got up and followed the midwife into an examination room. Evelyn hopped up onto the bed and layed down and pulled her top up, something she felt like she had done a million times. The gel was squirted on her belly and the baby popped up on the screen again when the nurse pushed down with the wand.
"Everything's growing normally, you wanted to find out the sex today didn't you?" Both Tank and Evelyn nodded their heads. The nurse smiled at them both. "You're having a baby girl, congratulations." Evelyn and Tank smiled at each other. Evelyn wouldn't admit it but she was secretly hoping it was a girl, so she was very happy. "Evelyn, I wanted to talk to you about some birthing classes, I highly recommend them and if you want them I can get you started for next week." Birthing classes hadn't crossed Evelyn's mind, she had no doubt in her mind that they would be useful. She wished the nurse hadn't brought it up in front of Tank. No matter how things were with Matt at the moment he was the only person Evelyn would even consider doing birthing classes with.
"That would be great! I'll have to talk to my boyfriend about it because if he can't go for some reason then I won't be doing them. I'll call you tomorrow if that's okay?" The nurse smiled and nodded at her. Tank and Evelyn said their goodbyes to the midwife.
"I'll take you to those classes if curly won't." Tank's voice was just above a whisper. They were waiting by the nurses station, Evelyn didn't really understand why Tank was there but it wasn't a big deal that he was.
"No offense Wayne but I'll be fine without them if Matt can't take me." Tank was about to reply when Hannah showed up. Evelyn waved goodbye and exited the hospital with Hannah.

Matt was laying on the couch watching the football when Evelyn got home. She filled a glass up with water and drank it. Matt's arms wrapped around her waist from behind. She tensed up. She hated it when he did this, one minute he acts like the hulk and the next he's being loving. It's like he thought giving her a few compliments and making her a hot chocolate was going to make her forgive him.
"So, are you having a boy or a girl?" Evelyn didn't know whether he couldn't tell that she didn't want to be touched or if he was ignoring it, he tended to do that sometimes too.
"If you weren't such a jerk you would know, now let me go." Matt slowly pulled his arms away and Evelyn stormed past him heading for the stairs, expecting not to be followed. She thought Matt was going to give her the space she so obviously needed when she noticed he hadn't followed her into her room, but then she heard footsteps running up the stairs. Evelyn got into bed and faced away from her bedroom door so when Matt entered he would get the picture. The door slowly opened and she heard Matt sigh. The bed creaked as he got in next to her.
"I'm sorry I was so horrible before Evie, I really am." He did this every time and Evelyn refused to forgive him straight away this time. He just expected her to be okay with him treating her badly and she just wasn't.
"I appreciate the apology Matt but I would really like for you to just leave me alone." Matt sighed and got out of the bed. Evelyn heard his footsteps as he walked away, but they stopped before he was out of the room.
"Let me ask just one question first, did he bring you home?" Evelyn shot straight up, she was so angry she could scream. She thought he was smarter than to ask an already angry and upset girl something he knew would just make her more angry and more upset.
"No Matt, Wayne did not take me home, Hannah did. Even if Wayne did take me home it wouldn't of been such a big deal. You know, the nurse mentioned birthing classes and I said I would go if you could take me, Wayne said he would if you can't, I might just take him up on that offer considering how you're acting I'm sure you don't to be part of something so personal for me." Matt's face fell, it finally clicked in him that he screwed up.
"Come one Eves, you're overreacting a little bit don't you think?" Matt's voice was soft and full of hurt, whereas Evelyn's voice was harsh and full of anger.
"You're right, maybe I am overreacting. The fact of the matter is I wouldn't be if you had of just done what I asked of you and left me alone! Now please get out." Matt just nodded and left the room. Tears rolled down Evelyn's cheeks, things were turning sour, and fast.

Evelyn sat against Ricky's front door waiting for her to get home, she had said she wouldn't be very long. Evelyn had a backpack full of clothes by her side. At the last minute she had decided that she couldn't be in the same house as Matt for much longer, she had quickly scribbled a note for Leah and Zac and called Ricky on her way. Matt had asked where she was going but she ignored him, figuring that he would soon figure where she was. Evelyn was considering walking to Angelo's when Ricky walked up the path with Casey in her arms and three different bags over her shoulder.
"I really was mum wouldn't give me things every time I visit her, it's too much to carry. Here take Casey for me will you?" Evelyn stood up and took Casey out of Ricky's arms and picked up her backpack throwing it over her shoulder. Ricky unlocked the door and walked through. Evelyn spotted some of Nate's things scattered around the room. Ricky had said that Nate started moving his things into the apartment but she didn't think he was bringing much.
"So what's like it like living with Nate?" Ricky chucked all the bags on to the couch and took Casey back off Evelyn. Ricky sighed and rolled her eyes.
"I love him right, but he is a complete neat freak. Neat freak plus baby equals hell pretty much." Now that Ricky had mentioned it Evelyn could see that the apartment was much cleaner than it usually was.
"Well my boyfriend is half hulk I've decided. He's more moody than I am and I'm six months pregnant." Evelyn placed her backpack on the ground next to the couch and sat on a bit of couch that wasn't covered by bags.
"I am not excited for the moodiness to come back at all. So things have gotten rough have they?" Ricky layed Casey down on his play mat and moved some bags so she could sit beside Evelyn.
"Lately he's been getting really angry at next to nothing but usually it passes pretty quickly but today he was horrible and it lasted  longer than usual and when he calmed down he was really apologetic until I had a go at him and then he started asking questions about Wayne like he doesn't trust me or something." Ricky sighed and wrapped her arm around Evelyn's shoulders.
"I'm sure it's Wayne-Tank that Matt doesn't trust, not you. Have you asked if he's got other problems going on? Like with his family or something, it seems to me like he's just lashing out at you. Now, today was the day you found out the gender right? So is it a boy or a girl?" Evelyn was grateful for the subject change. Evelyn had started to feel better, Ricky always made her feel better.
"I'm having a girl! I haven't thought of any names but I'm sure one will come to me." Ricky squealed with excitement.
"Yay! A mini Evie!"

Evelyn put her backpack in the staff room and tied her apron on. Going to work was the last she wanted to do. Casey had cried all night and Nate had a bad habit of snoring so Evelyn had no sleep at all. When she got behind the counter she could see the diner was packed with people, mainly people her age. She sighed and grabbed her notepad and pencil and went over to a table of teenage girls who were looking at the menu.
"What can I get you girls today?" All them gave Evelyn a judgmental stare before reeling off what that wanted. Evelyn started walking back towards the counter.
"I heard that she doesn't know who the father is." One of the girls whispered when she thought Evelyn was far away enough.
"Someone told me it was that Tank guy, but I think it's Matt Page and that's why he's putting up with her." Evelyn's grip on her notepad and pencil tightened.
"Yeah apparently she's really horrible to him, I heard she screams at him all the time." Evelyn only screamed at him when he deserved it.
"I think Matt deserves so much better than her. She's such a skank." Evelyn could be called a lot of things but a skank wasn't one of them.
"Matt's too cute to get stuck with her." Evelyn had had enough. She wasn't going to stand there and let those girls slander her while she was only a few feet away.
"Okay girls since you're so interested in my life I'll fill in a few blanks for you, first of all I'm 100% positive that this baby is Wayne's. Second of all Matt isn't, as you put it, putting up with me because he thinks he has to he's doing it because he actually likes me. Third of all Matt and I fight, when we fight we both yell at each other, not just me. Last of all I am not skank by any definition of the word. You are right about one thing, Matt is far too cute for me and he does deserve better than a pregnant 17 year old, so aren't I lucky that he likes me instead of judgmental, horrible girls. Now I think it's pretty safe to say that you're not wanted here, so please leave." The girls looked like deer caught in a headlight. The whole diner was stunned into silence, until Chris started clapping. Everyone in the diner joined him as clapped while the girls quickly gathered up there things and left. Evelyn felt pretty proud of herself.

Thank you guys! You all are seriously awesome! I hope you like this chapter :)

Chapter 13

Evelyn had hoped that no one would be awake when she arrived home late that night. She had stayed at Ricky's for a week and she just couldn't stay there any longer. She got a feeling that Nate didn't like her and she had ran out of clothes. Matt was in the kitchen eating some pizza they probably had the night before. He looked surprise to see her there in a pair of Oscar's track pants and her pajama top. She waved shyly before chucking her bag on a nearby chair and grabbed an icy pole out of the freezer. She sat across from her sucking on her fairy floss flavored icy pole in silence. Matt got up and put his plate in the sink.
"I missed you, you know that? You didn't reply to my texts or phone calls. I wanted you to come home." Evelyn took the icy pole out of her mouth and sat it on the table. Matt sat in the chair next to her and grabbed her hand, she liked the hand his hand felt against hers so she didn't pull it away.
"Believe it or I missed you too Matt, I just needed space. I also need you to promise me that the next time you get angry about something instead of being horrible to me punch a wall or scream into your pillow because I'm emotional enough as it is these days without you adding to it. Also if you've got something going on please tell me, don't feel like you have to keep things from me." For the first time ever Evelyn saw a tear roll down Matt's cheek, she reached up to wipe it away like he often does for her.
"Dad's getting released from rehab in a few days, he wants me to go pick him up and take him back to our old house. He doesn't know that Ellie's in foster care or anything. I can't go, I can't have him around Evie, he'll ruin everything I have." Evelyn wrapped her arms around him and rubbed his back while he cried into her shoulder. Evelyn wasn't sure whether she was strong to see and hear her boyfriend who she always saw as invincible crying.
"Everything will okay Matt, everything will be fine. If worse comes to worse he can live in a caravan. We will sort something, I promise." Matt gives her a sad smile. Evelyn wiped away his tears again and smiled back up at him.
"Can you tell me the gender of the baby, I've been dying to know." Evelyn was slightly taken aback by the sudden subject change. She had forgotten that she refused to tell that day she stormed out.
"It's a girl Matt. I'm having a girl." Evelyn was sure that that Matt's face would split in two if he kept smiling the way he was.
"That's awesome Evie, that's fantastic." He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed. He put his hand on Evie's stomach as to let her daughter know that he was there. Evelyn placed her hand on top of his and smiled at him.
"We're going to be a family, you me and my baby girl. Wayne will be around but we'll be fine with that. It's just about us now Matt, no one else." Matt smiled at her. They rest their foreheads against each others and just stayed like that for a while.

Evelyn woke up in Matt's bed with Matt by her side. Her first thought was that Oscar would kill her if he found out they shared a bed while they were dating. If he carried on she just mention the fact that she's pregnant, she doesn't exactly want to do more than cuddle. Their legs were tangled up together and Matt's arms were around her waist. This would of been lovely, if Matt was awake. Evelyn was able to untangle their legs with ease, it was prying his hands away that was going to be difficult. She was able to move one arm away but his second arm just wouldn't budge. She just layed there with Matt's arm stopping her from going anywhere. Her stomach growled with hunger and she decided enough was enough. She started tickling Matt under the armpit, he soon jolted awake causing him to move his arm. Evelyn sighed with relief and got out of bed.
"Where are you going?" Matt's voice was riddled with sleep. Evelyn thought he looked adorable when he was half asleep.
"I'm starving so I'm going to the kitchen to cook something." Matt jumped up and wrapped his arms around her waist again.
"McDonalds run?" Evelyn smiled at him excitedly.
"And then a stop at the surf club?" Matt smiled at her and nodded his head. The two of them headed out like they did all that time ago, this time both of them where in their pajamas. Matt took their meals from the young girl and drove until they got to the surf club. Evelyn had already finished her hashbrowns and drank half of her juice, Matt hadn't been able to touch his. Everyone stared as the two found a table to sit at. It would've looked strange, Matt in just a pair of track pants and Evelyn in a nightie. The nightie didn't hug Evelyn's stomach and she was grateful for it, even if it did Matt would still say that she looked beautiful.
"Wench" Evelyn hadn't even noticed that some of the girls from the diner were there until they made themselves known.
"Matt call me when you get sick of being tied down" Another one said, making a point of rubbing her hand on Matt's arm as she walked past. Evelyn looked down at table, not wanting to look into Matt's eyes.
"Can you tell what that was all about?" Matt's voice was filled with worry. Evelyn didn't want to him to worry, that's why she hadn't mentioned the dinner incident to him. Evelyn sighed, knowing it was time to fess up.
"I overheard those girls and some of their friends saying bad things about me so I put them in their place, I guess they didn't like that." Matt smiled at her and held out his fist, she bumped it with hers.
"That is extremely awesome of you my girl." Evelyn couldn't help but blush like a shy little school which was ridiculous because Matt was her boyfriend, not just a crush.

Evelyn stared at her reflection in the mirror, she hated her pregnant belly. She didn't look good in anything anymore so when VJ ran in her room earlier demanding she put on her bathers and come to the beach with him and the others she didn't want to go. Her stomach was so big and it felt like it was holding her down. She could hear the others downstairs getting restless so she decided to ignore her insecurities and head downstairs to join them. VJ got her in a loose headlock when she finally got down the stairs.
"You take forever Evelyn!" He said ruffling her hair then letting her go.
"Sorry Veej, I was staring at my stomach in disgust but I'm okay now so lets just go" Evelyn made it sound like she was joking, the others seemed to believe her. VJ, Maddy and Oscar walked in a line of three while her and Matt hung back by themselves.
"You weren't joking about staring at your stomach in disgust were you?" When Evelyn didn't answer Matt took it as a yes. He sighed and shook his head at her. "Evelyn you are the most beautiful girl in all of Summer Bay. I look around at all these girls and none of them come close to being as pretty as you. It sucks that you can't see it. Your stomach is because you are currently carrying around a tiny tiny human in there, if you can't see that as beautiful then I don't know Evelyn, maybe you need to have a long hard think about what you've actually been doing for the past six months." By the time Matt had finished his speech they had arrived at their favorite spot. Evelyn refused to meet Matt's gaze, she wasn't up for a heart to heart.
"I appreciate you saying that all Matt I really do but I can't help feeling like you're saying because you feel as though you have to. I don't want to talk about this anymore okay? I just want to have a bit of fun." Matt nodded and smiled at her. Evelyn layed out her towel and lied down, Matt layed down next to her. Neither of them said anything, neither of them needed to. It was just nice to be in each other's company. Evelyn could see the other three having fun and splashing about in the water and she smiled. She was really lucky to have three amazing friends and an amazing boyfriend. All four of them had supported her from the beginning, well not Matt exactly but he was on board pretty quickly and she couldn't be more grateful for that.

When they got home there was a little stuffed elephant sitting on the dining room table with a card propped up against it. Evelyn was the only one to notice it. She picked up the card and her name was scrawled on the envelope. She grabbed the elephant and the card and ran upstairs to room where she could read it in peace. She opened it up and began to read.

To dear Evelyn,
This is a hard letter to write and once you finish reading this you'll hate me more than you already do. I'm leaving again, for good this time.
I guess I should explain even though it will just make everything worse.
I only came back in the first place to try and get with you. I stuck around even though I knew deep down that you and that curly guy had something, something greater than anything you and I could ever have. I was hoping that he would stuff up and you would come running into my arms and we would run away with our baby and live and happily ever after. The reason I'm going now is because I saw the two of you in the surf club today and you were in your pajamas but you didn't care. The Evelyn I dated wouldn't leave the house without a full face of makeup and a pretty dress. With him you don't care what you look like because you know that he thinks the world of you no matter what you're wearing.
The elephant isn't for you, it's for the baby. When you give it to her please tell her I'm sorry and that I love her.
I'll always love you Evelyn, no matter what. I'm so sorry for doing this.
All my best, Wayne/Tank.

Evelyn's tears landed on the card making it go all soggy. She wiped her eyes and moved the card away so she couldn't wreck it anymore. She had started to include Tank in everything. She had a plan for Christmases and birthdays and even Easters and they all included him. They were going to raise their daughter together and she was going to grow up loving her mum,dad and her Aunty Maddy and her uncle  Oscar and her daddy Matt. She would still love all those people, maybe she would grow up thinking Matt was her father. Evelyn didn't know what she was going to tell her daughter when she grew up, oh your real dad isn't around because he loved mum but mum didn't love him so he ran away but he still loves you.That's not good enough, if her daughter is anything like her she won't accept that. What if her daughter grew up to resent her because Tank isn't around? She would have to jump that hurdle when she came to it.

Thank you for the comments! You guys are going to hate me after you read this!

Chapter 14

Evelyn wished that Matt had of let her go with him to pick up his dad, he said he didn't need her to hold his hand. What if Evelyn wanted to hold his hand through this? What if supporting him through something tough made her feel better about all that he's done for her?  Matt was stubborn and demanded he go alone, leaving Evelyn at home all by herself to worry about him and what might be happening. Matt had left an hour ago and was due to be back any minute now. Evelyn paced the lounge room on her swollen feet as she ran her fingers through her hair. Her feet could handle her walking on them any longer so fell back onto the couch and closed her eyes. The sound of the front door slamming made Evelyn open her eyes again. Matt was now in the kitchen with his back to her. She slowly made her way over to him.
"Hey, how did it go?" She wrapped an arm around his waist and she felt him tense up underneath it. She removed her arm and took a step away from him.
"Just as I expected. He he's pissed that there's no house and no Ellie and he refuses to let me help him. He thought I was belittling him when I offered him a caravan like you told me to. He told me to drop him off outside a cheap motel and never try to contact him again." Evelyn wanted to hug him and tell him that it was going to be okay but she couldn't, he didn't want to be touched.
"Matt, that really sucks. I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Do you want to hear something that will make you happy?" Evelyn hadn't had the chance to tell him about Tank's departure, she was sure that it would cheer him up.
"Sure Evelyn, tell me something that will make me happy." Matt sounded tired and fed up. Fed up with what Evelyn didn't know. Evelyn took a deep breath and turned to smile at him, her smile fell when she saw that he was looking out the window and not at her.
"Wayne left again, for good this time." Matt rolled his eyes and walked over to the fridge.
"Good on him." Matt muttered before he walked out the front door with some sort of drink in his hand.

Evelyn waited ten minutes before following him out of the door. She saw no immediate sign of him so she headed off in the direction of his favorite place, the surf club. The surf club was pretty much empty when she got there, and there was no sign of Matt anywhere. She spotted Mr Stewart sitting at a table reading the newspaper and ran up to him.
"Hey Mr Stewart, has Matt been in here?" Mr Stewart looked from his paper and shook his head.
"No he hasn't, sorry love." Evelyn sighed and tried to think of where he could possibly be. She said goodbye to Mr Stewart and walked up stairs, thinking he might be in Angelo's. Kyle was behind the bar pouring drinks, she didn't see Matt at any of the tables. Evelyn walked up to the bar and Kyle gave her a funny look.
"Sorry Evie, only lemonade for you." She rolled her eyes at him and followed to the table where the drinks were needed.
"Has Matt been in? I can't seem to find him." Kyle shook his head and walked back behind the bar.
"No he hasn't but if he comes in I let you know." Evelyn mumbled out a thanks before waddling back down the stairs and out of the building. She checked the time on her phone, the diner would be closed by now so he wasn't there. Evelyn considered going back to the house, he would come home eventually, maybe he was already home. Evelyn decided to walk along the beach anyway, even if he wasn't there it would still be nice. Evelyn walked on the wet sand with her shoes in her hands. The wind blew her hair in all sorts of directions. The sun was almost blinding her, that's why when she saw two figures, one of them looking an awful lot like Matt, kissing she didn't believe her eyes. She just had to get closer, to see if it was true. The closer she got the more the figure looked like Matt. She was just a few meters away from them now, they were still kissing.
"Matt?" His name came out as more of a sob, she was kicking herself for not being strong enough. The two of them broke apart and she saw that the girl was one of the few that had been giving her trouble. The one that had told Matt to call her when he got sick of being tied down. Matt looked her with so much gult in his eyes, the girl just smirked at Evelyn before walking away.
"Evie please let me explain?" Tears continued to roll down Evelyn's cheeks. She shook her head at him.
"So this is how it ends, with you kissing some girl you barely even know, and what you do know about isn't even good." Matt took a step towards her, she took one step back. Tears were now rolling his cheeks. He didn't deserve to be upset about this, it was his fault.
"Evelyn it doesn't have to be like this, if you just let me talk." He tried to step closer to her but she just kept stepping away from him , like he was some monster that would hurt her if she got too close. In a way he kind of was.
"I hope that kiss made your heart beat faster and your knees weak. I hope it was best damn kiss that you've ever had because I would hate to think that what we had would be thrown away for nothing." She turned away and ran as fast as a pregnant woman can, just to get away from him.

Tears were still streaming down Evelyn's cheeks as she packed as many things as she could into suitcase. Her plans was to get a caravan off of Roo and live in it until Matt moved out or she forgave him, whichever one came first. As far as she knew Matt wasn't back yet, so it was the perfect time for her to leave. She wheeled her suitcase down the stairs with one hand while wiping away her tears with the other. When she got downstairs she saw Roo and Leah sitting at the table drinking coffee. She sat beside Roo with her suitcase beside her.
"Roo, do you think I could have a caravan? I'll pay the rent needed I just need somewhere to go that's more permanent than Ricky's." Roo and Leah's faces fell when they saw that Evelyn was crying.
"Oh sweetheart. Yes you can have a caravan but don't worry about the rent. Number 25 is free. Are you sure you don't want to stay here and work through whatever is stopping you from living here?" Evelyn shook her head and wrapped around her arms around Roo before wheeling her suitcase out into the caravan park until she got to number 25. It was one of the newer caravans out of all them. It was just plain white but it looked perfect. She unlocked the door with the key she had picked up before leaving and the door opened. There was enough seating for four people and a double bed towards to the back. At the front of the caravan was her kitchen, she had a gas oven and a small fridge with a little freezer inside it. She would need to go out and buy food and other things she needed but she figured she could just order takeout for tonight and then she wouldn't need to go buy anything. She layed down on her new bed and smiled for the first time that afternoon.  She was happy to be away from him , happy she wouldn't have to be anywhere near him unless she chose to be. Even if he came around to her van she had the power to make him stand in front of her door like the loser he clearly was. How could she be so wrong about a person? She thought he was happy with her, she thought he was going to be happy as father to her child, especially with Tank gone. He was going to be the replacement father in her baby's life. Now Evelyn's not even sure if she'll allow him to even meet her daughter. She considered calling Tank and telling him that Matt stuffed up and she wanted to come running into his arms, but she didn't. She still wanted Matt, and she wanted Matt to still want her, and he clearly didn't. He wanted that other girl, because if he wanted Evelyn he wouldn't of betrayed her the way he did. Evelyn couldn't wrap her head around why he did it after so long of fighting to be with Evelyn. Maybe he was scared, scared of the commitment or scared of the baby, Evelyn didn't know which one was worse.  Both of them meant that they couldn't be together, Evelyn wanted commitment and she was having a baby. She thought he was okay with that, but maybe he hadn't been okay from the start. He was the only one that didn't support her in the beginning, he had even laughed at her. How could she have been so blind?

She was putting her leftover pizza in the fridge when someone knocked on her door. She pulled back the curtains to see Oscar standing there with his arms crossed and a worried look on his face. Evelyn sighed before opening the door and letting him come in.
"Welcome to my humble abode." Evelyn sat down on one of her little couches and Oscar sat across from her. Oscar sighed and ran his fingers through his hair a couple of times before looking up at her.
"What's going on? Matt came home yelling something about him extremely stupid and then I walk upstairs to talk to you and pretty much of all your stuff is gone and then Leah tells me you're living  here." Evelyn took a shaky breath before looking into her twin brother's eyes.
"Matt ran out of the house today after picking his dad up and I waited a little while before going after him. I looked in the surf club and in Angelo's and the diner was closed so I knew he wasn't there and I decided to look for him on the beach. I wish I hadn't. I was walking and then I spotted my boyfriend making out with some girl that has been giving me trouble for the past week. The thing is a few days ago that same girl told him to call her if he got sick of me pretty much. I'm so hurt Oscar." Evelyn started to cry again, she was certain she no tears left in her but clearly she was wrong. Oscar sat there in silence just watching her. She could that he was angry, his jaw was clenched and his nostrils were flaring.
"I'm going to hit him I swear to god." Oscar stood up suddenly causing the caravan to shake. He just about to leave when Evelyn put her arm out to stop him. She gave him a weak smile, the anger in eyes turned back to worry.
"Please don't do anything stupid. Please, not for his sake, for mine. Don't even let him know you came to see me." Oscar slowly nodded his head before engulfing her in a hug. He ran his fingers through her hair like he did when they were kids or when Evelyn needed to be calmed down after a nightmare.
"I'm so sorry he did this to you."

Thank you everyone! This chapter is about 100 words shorter than usual but I thought if I added more it would ruin it. I hope you like it :)

Chapter 15

Living in a caravan wasn't what Evelyn had thought it was going to be. It was the third time since moving into the van that she was tempted to call the cops and make a noise compliant, each time before she even had the chance to pick up her phone someone had gone out there to tell them to turn it down. That's why she hadn't called the cops figuring someone from the house would come down and sort it soon. It got to ten pm and Evelyn had had enough, but she figured she could just sort it out herself, surely they'd be nice to a pregnant girl. She exited her caravan and immediately found where the noise was coming from, just a few caravans down were a massive group of boys, Evie spotted Josh and Kyle and she smiled. She knew that at least Kyle would be nice to her. She walked over to their campsite and smiled. Josh stood up and it wasn't hard to tell that he was drunk. Kyle waved at her and she waved back.
"Hey, I was wondering you could turn the music down? It's ten o'clock and I've got work early in the morning. I'm sorry to spoil your fun." Some of them tried to protest but Kyle gave them all a look and they shut up. Josh staggered over to her with a big smile on her face. His arm snaked around her shoulders, it took everything in Evelyn's power not to push him over, but she settled on just moving his arm and stepping away.
"We'll turn the music down for you, sorry for keeping you up." Kyle said with a nod. She thanked him and turned to walk away. As she walked by Josh grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to him.
"Josh, let me go!" She started hitting his arms and trying to pry them away but they were unmovable. Josh kissed her cheek and Evelyn felt like she was going to throw up, and it wasn't the pregnancy's fault. Suddenly Josh was on the ground and Evelyn had another arm around her.
"Don't touch her again." Matt yelled at Josh who was still yet to get up off the ground. Evelyn pushed Matt away and headed back to the caravan knowing full well that Matt was hot on her trail. "Evelyn wait!" He called out after her but she didn't stop or turn back. She opened the caravan door and Matt was able to sneak in before she had the chance to slam the door in his face.
"I need you to leave, I have to sleep." She held open her door for him but he wouldn't go. He started pacing the caravan while running his fingers through his hair. Evelyn closed her eyes so she wouldn't have to look at him.
"Why were you over there Evie, why?" Evelyn didn't have to open her eyes to know that he had stopped pacing. She could hear him breathing, he close to her, and she hated it.
"Their music was too loud, I wanted them to turn it down. Can you go now that you have your explanation that you didn't really need or deserve." Evelyn flinched when he took hold of her hand, but he still held it anyway. "Matt, I need you to go." She opened her eyes. His eyes were bloodshot and tears were streaming down his cheeks, he wasn't even trying to stop them.
"When are you going to be able to forgive me Evelyn?" Evelyn bit her lip, she was trying not to cry herself.
"I don't know if I ever will Matt" Matt left her caravan with tears tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Do you think we can talk? Have some lunch with me? Please?" Evelyn glared at the girl standing on the other side of the counter. Just last week she was making out with Evelyn's boyfriend an now she wants to talk. The girl noticed Evelyn's hesitance and sighed. "I know that I don't seem like the best lunch companion but I'd like to say a few things." Evelyn rolled her eyes and grabbed two salad rolls and told Leah she was going. The two walked to the benches that look out over the beach and started to eat in silence. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. Truthfully, I was jealous of everything you had, you were starting a family, you still are and I'm still jealous. The main thing I was jealous of was the fact that you had Matt, and last week when I saw him and he was alone and upset I got pissed at you. I was pissed because this amazing guy who had a girlfriend was upset and by himself. So I walked up to him and asked him what was wrong and he said family stuff and instead of replying I kissed him. It felt wrong I promise you, it's been eating me alive all week but I was thinking you and Matt were okay, I thought you'd forgive him. Then this morning my friend texted me saying that you were living in a caravan because you couldn't stand being in the same house as him anymore it made me feel sick to my stomach because I did that. Evelyn I'm so sorry for everything." Evelyn had so many thoughts buzzing around in her mind. A girl was jealous of the fact that she was pregnant? Evelyn didn't want to be pregnant half the time, she never imagined that someone was looking at her wishing they could be her.
"I can't say that I forgive you, because I don't. I appreciate you coming here and telling me that, I'm happy to know you feel bad because you should. I will say something that will make you feel better, My situation isn't perfect, it's far from it. The baby's father has ran off twice now, and when he was around it was even more difficult. I'm 17 and having a baby to someone who I hate and the one guy I care for I can't be with because there is too many issues there, not just the fact that he lets other girls kiss him when he's down. So for the love of god don't be jealous of me, never be jealous of me." The other girl had finished her roll and Evelyn quickly finished off hers.
"I don't know what other problems there are between you two but what I do know is Matt would give everything he had to turn back time and not kiss me. I overheard him saying it to Oscar. It stung a little but I get it, you're the love of his life and I'm the girl who screwed that up for him. Thank you for hearing me out Evelyn, I promise I won't bother you again." And then she got up and walked away.

Evelyn's shift at the diner was over and Evelyn couldn't wait until she got back to her caravan so she could put her feet up. Evelyn put her bag over her shoulder and waved goodbye to the others who were still working and left the diner. The lunch she had with girl who kissed Matt ran through her mind all day. The only thing it made her change her mind about was whether she should hear Matt out or not. She spent lunch with the girl and actually ended up feeling sorry for her, who knows what might come from a conversation with Matt. Oscar gave Evelyn a funny look when she walked into the house but she just shrugged at him and walked upstairs. She stood outside of Matt's room for what felt like hours before actually knocking on his door.
"Come in." Evelyn took a deep breath before opening the door. He was surprised to see her, he put his phone down on his beside table and sat up beckoning her to come sit down. She sat down on the end of his bed and looked down at her hands. "What brings you to my room? It's a nice surprise." He says smiling at her. Now that that aren't outside under the moonlight or in a dark caravan she can see that he's very tired, he's got bags under his eyes and his face is pale.
"I spoke to the girl today, I heard her out so I thought I should probably hear you out. It definitely doesn't mean I'm going to forgive you but it will probably help for me to know why. I know why she did it, she's in love with you and seeing you upset without anyone comforting you made her pissed off at me. What she doesn't know and what I didn't tell her was that I tried to comfort you but you, Matt Page, have a habit of pushing me away when things are getting too hard for you." Matt sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
"I can't get the look of hurt on your face out of my head. Your words from that night stop me from sleeping, Evelyn you are slowly driving me insane. What's worse is I don't really care because it's you that's driving me insane. I find myself walking past your caravan multiple times a day wishing I could just bust open the door and kiss you like my life depended on it. I know I hurt you and I will never be able to forgive myself for that even if you somehow find it in you to forgive me and I really hope you do because I need you. Seeing Josh trying to do god knows what with you last night turned my stomach, in a way that's my fault. I wasn't out there quick enough when they got too loud, I've been telling them to shut up since you moved in because I know sleep doesn't come easy to you anymore, nothing comes easy to you anymore. I don't care if that girl is in love with me, the only girl who I want to love me is you. You're right though, I push you away because I know when I can't cope with things I lash out at the people who matter the most. I thought I was protecting you but by doing that I became the one person you needed protection from." They were both crying now, Evelyn was letting out loud horrible sobs while Matt was trying his best to be quiet.
"God I want to forgive you so badly but I can't, not yet. I can't keep hiding from you anymore though because it's not doing either of us any good. I need you more than I can admit, more than I'm willing to admit. The girl looked me in the eye today and said I was the love of your life and she was the girl who screwed it up for you Matt, I think you're the love of my life. Maybe we're meant to be together, but just not right now. Maybe in a week, maybe in a month maybe even in ten years from now, it doesn't matter, we'll find our way back to each other." Evelyn continued to sob. "I think I'm going to move back into the house."
"I think that's a good idea."

Thank you everyone! This fic is almost over :o Also just a warning, mentions sc

Chapter 16

Evelyn could tell that Nate didn't want her there. Truthfully Evelyn didn't really want to be at Ricky's ultrasound either but Ricky said she needed her to be there. Ricky was lying on the bed and Evelyn was sitting on the one chair in the room making it so Nate had to stand. Ricky smiled at Evelyn and Evelyn smiled back, Nate glared at her from across the room.
"Ricky I really shouldn't be here, I have things I need to sort out at home and I just don't feel comfortable. I'll ring Oscar to come pick me up." Ricky sighed and glared at Nate before sitting up. Ricky smirked at Evelyn.
"Sure, you can leave, if you ask Matt to pick you up." Evelyn's face fell. Evelyn and Matt had slowly started getting back on speaking terms but Evelyn still feel comfortable around him and he clearly wasn't comfortable around her anymore either. Evelyn knew what Ricky was doing, she was trying to create a situation where Matt and Evelyn would have to speak and sort things through.
"Ricky just let her go with whoever she wants to go with for god sake." Ricky punched Nate's arm and Nate winced
"You shut up, I know what I'm doing." Ricky said in a bitter tone. "Go call Matt." Evelyn sighed and waved goodbye. She scrolled through her contacts and stopped when she got to Matt's, she hesitated. She could just wait outside until Ricky and Nate were done and then Ricky could take her home, but then Ricky would be angry that she didn't listen to her. Evelyn shook her head and pressed call. The phone rung twice before Matt picked up.
"Evelyn is everything alright?" Matt sounded worried. Evelyn rolled her eyes, Matt always expected the worse.
"Yes Matt everything is fine, I need you to pick me up from the hospital, Dr Dad doesn't want me in the room." Evelyn heard Matt breathe a sigh of relief and she couldn't help but smile. It was nice to know that he still cared for her.
"Yeah sure, should I talk to Nate? You always complained about him not being very nice to you and it bothers me." Nate seemed to have a problem with Evelyn, it started to drive a wedge between Ricky and Evelyn. Ricky had called her in tears a few nights ago because she missed her.
"No you shouldn't talk to Nate, you can't do the protective boyfriend thing anymore Matt I'm sorry." Matt sighed and Evelyn started to feel bad.
"I wish I could. I'll be there soon." Then he hung up the phone. It had been almost a month since they broke up and Matt told her alomst everyday that he misses her and wants her back, Evelyn never says it back. She doesn't like saying things unless she's certain she means it. Evelyn wraps her jacket around her as the wind got colder. Matt's KIA pulled up in front of her and she got in.
"Thanks for this." Evelyn says as she pulls the seat belt tight around her bump. Being only two months away from her due date meant that her bump was huge and made doing the simplest tasks difficult. Matt smiled and started to drive.
"Don't get angry at me but I've kind of planned a date for us." Evelyn turned around to look in the back to see one of the hampers that she sometimes has to make for people at work. She's only ever had to make them for middle aged men who plan on proposing to their long time girlfriends. Evelyn's always wanted someone to buy her one of those. Evelyn couldn't find it in herself to be angry at him.
"That's fine I guess." She smiled softly at him. It wasn't long until they couldn't see the ocean anymore and they were surrounded by bush. Evelyn's stomach dropped when she saw a sign that said 'Jump Rock 200 metres' "Matt are we going to Jump Rock?" Matt smiled at her nodding, his smile fell when he looked over at her to see her frowning.
"You don't like Jump Rock?" Evelyn looked down at her stomach.
"No I love Jump Rock, it's just, she was conceived there and I haven't been there since." Matt's eyes widened and then his jaw clenched.
"Of course I would choose the only wrong place to go. I'm sorry Evie." Evelyn put her hand on his.
"It's okay, I want to go." Matt nodded and parked the car in the parking a lot. Evelyn's hands were shaking as she opened the door of the KIA. Matt grabbed the hamper and held out his hand for Evelyn to take, and she did. They walked until they got to the part that looks out over the river. It looked exactly the same as it did the last time she was there. Matt layed out a blanket and opened up the hamper before laying down. Evelyn sat down beside him.
"It would've been uncomfortable wouldn't it?" Evelyn gave him a confused look.
"What?" She said with a mouthful of chocolate cake. He laughed at her a little.
"Doing it on a rock would've been uncomfortable, right?" Evelyn started choking on her cake. Matt started to pat her back while chuckling.
"Uh, yeah, it wasn't the greatest." Evelyn said laughing. Matt started laughing with her. "A tiny rock kept jabbing me in the back, I remember because I was convinced I was going to have a scar there." Matt bent over laughing and Evelyn laughed so hard she had to spend a few minutes trying to catch her breath. "You're the first person who has let me talk about it, thank you." Matt quirked his eyebrow.
"Maddy didn't want to know?" Evelyn shook her head.
"No, she threatened to tell me about her and Oscar's sex life if I tried." Matt grabbed out a bottle of juice and poured them both a cup.
"Do you have you have a scar on your back?" Evelyn was lucky she had swallowed the juice before Matt asked otherwise juice would've gone everywhere.
"I don't actually know, check for me?" She turned around so her back was to Matt. She could feel him lift up her shirt and then he started laughing.
"You have a a little round scar." Evelyn layed down laughing, her head right next to Matt's leg.
"Thanks Wayne for the daughter and the scar."

They all had just finished tea and Evelyn and Oscar were sitting on her bed talking.
"I think he's trying to get back with you, and I fully support that. Maddy won't though, she's still angry at him but she's calming down. She doesn't glare him very much anymore." They were in a top and tailing position, Evelyn had feet in Oscar's lap and he was massaging them because he can that they were sore and swollen. Evelyn sensed he was up to something.
"Okay Oscar, what's your deal? And don't act like there isn't one, I'm your twin I know you better than the back of my hand." Oscar sighed but continued to rub her feet.
"Maddy and I are getting married, we're having the wedding after the baby comes so don't worry you won't be up there in front of everyone with your pregnant belly." Evelyn beamed at Oscar. She couldn't be happier for them.
"Oscar why were you sucking up to tell me that? That is awesome! Congratulations!" Evelyn awkwardly moved around the bed so she was next to her brother. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She could him hear chuckling.
"You should go talk to Maddy, I've got to go to the store because I ate the last of the Nutella and I know you get late night cravings for it." He kissed her on the forehead before running out the room narrowly avoiding a pillow she threw at him. "Maddy! Come here!" Evelyn yelled out because she really didn't see herself getting off the bed anytime soon. Maddy was standing in the doorway with a confused look on her face. "Oscar told me!" Evelyn squealed and Maddy walked and closed the door behind her.
"We're going to be sisters!" Maddy was now next to Evelyn. Maddy turned to her with a very serious look on her face. "Evie, I understand if you don't want to but I was wondering if you'd be my maid of honor? It would mean so much to me" Tears started to form in Evelyn's eyes.
"Of course I will! Maddy I'm so happy for you" The two of them hugged. Maddy rested her hand on Evelyn's belly and smiled.
"And I'm really happy for. You're about to become a mum, and I know you'll be the very best mum you can be. You'll care for your little girl the way your dad should've cared for you. I can tell that you and Matt are going to pull through this and he'll fill the hole left by Tank. I know that you'll paint Tank in the best light possible but when that little girl comes up to her Aunty Maddy and asks her about him I'll be sure to tell her the truth." Evelyn nudged her with her elbow a little and Maddy chuckled.
"Thank you for being so great these past few months Maddy, I really appreciate it."

"I've got a parcel for a Evelyn Macguire?" The postman was holding a brown box in his hands, it didn't look like anything Evelyn had ordered online.
"That's me!" Evelyn took the box out of the postman's hands and signed what she needed to and then the postman left. She cut the tape off the box with a knife and opened it. Inside was a photo frame and a piece of paper. The photo frame was black and broken up into five pieces, four little squares where the photos can go and a long rectangle in the middle that has family spelt out in black blocks in it. She loved it. Evelyn picked up the piece of paper and saw that it was a letter.

Dear Evie,
I was in town the other day and I came across this, I thought of you instantly. I figured you could put photos of our daughter with you and your friends and family in there.
I think about coming back all the time and seeing how you and the baby are doing. I hope Matt is treating my two favourite girls right.
I miss you Evie
Love Tank x

Evelyn sighed and figured she didn't need to keep this particular letter, it's not something she can show her daughter when she's older. She screwed it up and chucked it in the bin. She considered texting Tank and thanking him for the elephant and the photo frame, but she wasn't sure if he would want that. It seems as though Tank wants to come back and given the opportunity he would but he wouldn't be happy. She sat the photo frame down on the coffee table and ran her fingers through her hair. Part of her thought she shouldn't keep the photo frame, she felt like it was wrong. Tank wanted her to have it, he thought of her when he saw it, it would be rude not to use it. She walked up to the office that had been transformed into the baby's nursery with the photo frame in her hand again. She grabbed the elephant and placed both the elephant and the photo frame on a shelf with nothing on it. She got the card that he sent with the elephant and stood it up in the middle of them. She decided that anything that came for her daughter from Tank would be put on that shelf. She hoped that one day that shelf would be full of things from Tank, things he thought his daughter might like or need. One day she'll pick up her little girl and walk her over to the shelf and explain that all those things on there are from her real daddy, and that even though he isn't around he still loves her.

Thank you everyone! I hope you like this chapter :)

Chapter 17

"Evie, wake up." The person's voice was soft and calm, whoever it was was running their fingers through Evelyn's hair trying to get her to wake. Evelyn reached up and batted the person's hands away, they chuckled and that's when Evelyn realised it was Matt trying to coax her out of her sleep. Evelyn's date with him the day before went perfectly, even if it wasn't the most ideal location. Evelyn rolled onto her back and slowly opened her eyes, Matt was looking down at her with a big smile on his face. "Get dressed! I've got a big day planned for us. Today is the day I win you back." Matt lent down and kissed the top of her head before leaving the room. Evelyn smiled to herself, she hoped she had a reason to take him back after this. She put on a nice dress she bought with Maddy just a few days before and her favorite necklace. She left her room to find Matt had been waiting at the door for her. "You look beautiful as always. Alright lets go." Matt went to run down the stairs but Evelyn stopped him. She hadn't had breakfast yet and she was hungry.
"Breakfast Matt? Pregnant girl here." Matt rolled his eyes at her. Evelyn's stomached growled loudly and Matt chuckled.
"We're getting breakfast you dummy. Now come on." Evelyn giggled and allowed him to lead her down the stairs. Maddy gave her a confused look but all Evelyn could do was shrug. She had a feeling that this was going to the the best day she's had in a while. Matt ushered her into the car and she laughed at him for holding her door open for her.
"Where are we going?" Matt smirked at her and she knew he was up to something. Evelyn had to bite her tongue to stop herself from laughing when they pulled into the McDonalds car park. Matt opened her door for her again and she thanked with a smile on her face. McDonalds was surprisingly not busy, there was plenty of empty tables.
"Grab us a table and I'll go order." Evelyn nods and finds a table for two. She sits her phone the table and waits for Matt. Matt was doing his best to woo her, he was making a good start. Matt comes back with a tray full of food. Evelyn spots some of the things she usually orders. "Alright so I got you two hashbrowns and an egg and bacon McMuffin and a large cup of very watered down juice. How did I do?" Evelyn smiles at him and takes her food off the tray.
"You did very well, thank you." Evelyn and Matt's McDonalds breakfasts had become sort of a tradition and Matt always payed. Evelyn probably owed him a whole paycheck's worth of McDonalds money. "I just realised I owe you a ton of money just for McDonalds. Why do you never let me pay?" Matt raised his eyebrows at her.
"Because It's nice to be able to buy you something, even if it's just breakfast every once in a while, you know?" Evelyn smiled at him. He was one of the sweetest guys Evelyn knew, he just makes poor choices sometimes. Evelyn had slowly come to realise Matt was the only person she could be completely herself around, other than Oscar but sometimes she was even closed off around him. Before Evelyn got pregnant Josh was her rock, the person she saw herself growing old with, now she can't even picture them as friends. She reached across and grabbed Matt's hand, he looked up at her with a smile. He looked over and saw that Evelyn's food was gone. "Alright, you're finished so let's go to the next place on my win Evie over field trip." Matt piled all their rubbish onto the tray and tipped it all in the bin. Evelyn was excited to say the least, Matt had obviously chosen places that meant something to them. Evelyn pulled the seat belt across her belly and Matt started up the car again. Matt sung along to a song playing on the radio, Evelyn loved it when he sung.
"Will you sing to my girl?" Evelyn didn't really know why she was asking him this. It seemed to have taken him by surprise. He looked her but only for a minute because he needed to focus on the road. He was smiling, he was happy and that made Evelyn Happy.
"Of course, if you want me to? If she wants me to, I'll sing her anything she wants. Even that pop boy band rubbish that all girls love at one stage." Evelyn imagined Matt sitting on the edge of daughter's bed singing a song similar to one thing by One Direction and daughter joining in with him.
"I'm sure she'd love that." Evelyn placed both hands on her stomach and her daughter kicked. Evelyn looked out the window and realised they were at Mangrove River. She gave Matt a funny look and he just smiled at her. He pulled up at a slightly familiar spot. "Why are we here Matt?" Matt's fell a little.
"You don't remember?" Evelyn shook her head with a frown. Matt took a deep breath. "Our epic rap battle? You called me a lady and a baby and I said-"
"You said I was scared of my period being late, I remember now! How ironic is that?" Matt threw his head back laughing. The two of them sat on the picnic table and looked out over the forest. Evelyn thought it was pretty.
"Josh was so stuck up then, it was probably your influence" Matt said nudging her slightly. She slapped his arm laughing.
"It was not! I was in a cult at one stage, I'm in no place to judge anyone or think I'm better than anybody else." Evelyn was now able to laugh and joke about her time in the cult. There was a time when she would completely shut down at the mere mention of it, it was still a touchy subject with Oscar. They were easier on Evelyn because she believed what they believed but Oscar hated them so they hated him too.
"Yeah I'm glad you grew out of that one." Matt said with a smile. He hopped off the bench and extended his hand to Evelyn to help her down too. "Off to place number three." They got in the car and started driving.
"I'm so ready for her to come out, I'm sick of being pregnant." Matt chuckled and placed one hand on her stomach.
"Do you think it's too late for those birthing classes?" Evelyn hit forehead with the palm of her hand.
"I totally forgot about those! I think it might be, I am going to suffer." Evelyn saw Matt's eyebrows furrow.
"Surely it won't be that bad?" Evelyn snorted and Matt gave her a confused look. Matt was so naive.
"Matt, It's like pushing a watermelon through a hole meant for a pea. It's going to hurt so bad." Matt screwed up his nose.
"Thank you for the visuals Evie." Evelyn chuckled and Matt pulled into the surf club's car park. The surf club has been the venue of a lot of their dates, Evelyn loved every single one of them. Matt takes her to their usual table and then goes to order her a juice. Evelyn grabs her phone out and plays a game until Matt gets back. When does arrive she sits it in front of her like she did at McDonalds. "I got you orange, pineapple and mango" Evelyn takes it gratefully.
"You sure know the way to my heart." She smiled at Matt for the billionth time that day. He grabbed her hand and started playing with her fingers. "I love this place."
"I'm a bigger fan of the company I have when I'm here rather than the actual place." Matt said winking at her.
"Flattery is good tactic, keep going." Matt placed his hand on his chest.
"Oh, I wasn't talking about you, Oscar and I come here all the time." Evelyn shook her head at him smiling.
"I'm sorry to inform you but Oscar is about to become a married man." Matt nodded his head while taking a sip of his juice. Evelyn was halfway through hers and she already wanted another one.
"He asked me to be his best man, how cool is that?" Oscar hadn't mentioned that bit to Evelyn. She could tell that the two of them had been paired up on purpose, Oscar wanted Matt and Evelyn together and he would do everything in his power to make it happen. Much like Ricky.
"Funny, Maddy asked me to be her maid of honor." Matt was done with his juice now and so was Evelyn. Matt got up and took the empty juice cups to the bin. Evelyn manged to clamber out of her chair without hurting herself or making a lot of noise. "Where are we going now Matt?" Matt just takes her hand and leads her out of the surf club. They walk until they get to their favorite part of the beach. Evelyn loved how the waves looked, it was beautiful."This has honestly been one of the best days of my life. I can't fault it one little bit. Thank you for all of this." Matt takes her hand in his and kisses her knuckles.
"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I was a little worried that you might not be able to move around so much but you've proven me wrong, as you very often do." Matt's hand was interlocked with hers. They fit perfectly together, Evelyn's small delicate hand molded into Matt's much larger hand like they were meant to be.
"I am tough, I walked home from Ricky's house just last week and I didn't struggle at all, I just powered on." Matt chuckled quietly. Ricky didn't live that far away from the house. A family of four walked past them, both children carrying a bucket and spade the parents walking behind them holding hands smiling.
"That could be us someday." Matt whispered to her quietly. Evelyn's cheeks warmed at the thought.
"I really hope so Matt. I don't know about a second child though, ask me after I've given birth yeah?" Matt puts his arm around her shoulders. If you didn't know any better you think that Matt and Evelyn were together and had been for a while. Matt hadn't asked her back out yet and Evelyn was hoping he would do it soon. She was ready to forget the bad parts of the past and focus on their future together.
"The way you described it before you probably won't be too keen on it." Evelyn laughed and leaned on Matt's shoulder.
"I am a surviver. It will all be worth it when I'm holding her in my arms. Did I tell you about the photo frame Tank sent me?" Matt furrowed his eyebrows. Evelyn hated mentioning Tank to Matt, Matt always got jealous.
"No you didn't? When did he send that?" Matt noticed goosebumps forming on Evelyn's arm and started to rub them to warm them up.
"Yesterday. It's black and says family, there is enough spaces for four photos. I really like it." Matt nodded his head.
"You'll have to show me when we get home, which I'm sorry to say will be soon. I don't have anywhere else to take you and I was just hoping that this is enough to win you back." Evelyn noticed Matt's eyes were filled with a mixture of hope and worry when he was looking into hers.
"This was more than enough Matt, yes I'll take you back." Matt smiled from ear to ear. He leaned down and kissed her for the first time in weeks, Evelyn thought it was better than their very first kiss.
"I love you Evelyn Macguire." Evelyn looked up at him and smiled.
"I love you more Matt Page."

Thank you guys! I hope you like this one! :)

Chapter 18

"When does my favorite diner girl get off today?" Matt was leaning on the counter watching Evelyn grab the piece of cake he wanted off the large platter that Leah arranged the cakes and muffins on of a morning.
"Hey Chris, Matt wants to know when you get off work? I think he wants to take you on a date." Matt shook his head at her and Chris smiled down at his feet like a nervous school girl. Evelyn chuckled at him.
"Well Matt, I'm extremely flattered but don't you have a girlfriend? A girlfriend who talks about you nonstop, I actually get sick of hearing your name sometimes it's ridiculous." Chris walked past Evelyn with two cups of tea, and he's lucky that he was carrying something otherwise Evelyn would've hit him. Matt's mouth was pulled up into a smile and his eyebrows were raised.
"You talk about me huh?" Evelyn handed him the cake box and his take away cup of coffee.
"Go away, I'll get home when I get home. I think I might go meet up with my second boyfriend at the beach after I finish, you don't mind do you?" Matt poked her arm and kissed her head before handing her the money that was needed and leaving the diner. He was going to meet his father and he wanted to eat his feelings before he saw him, Matt was such a girl.
"I'm glad to see you two are back to being disgusting in public." Evelyn hadn't realised that Josh was waiting behind Matt in line. Evelyn and Josh hadn't spoken since the night at the caravan park, and even then they didn't speak much. Josh's tone of voice wasn't serious but Evelyn could tell that Josh was still sour about everything, even though it was him who called things off. He was the one that said he didn't owe her anything, it was all him.
"What can I get you Josh?" Evelyn could see Leah watching them out of the corner of her eye. Leah must have noticed how uncomfortable Evelyn was because suddenly her arm was around her and she was looking at her with a big over enthusiastic smile.
"Why don't you go take that couple's order and see how they react to your belly? They look like the snobby type. I'll serve Joshua here." Leah gives Josh a smile and then nudges Evelyn out from behind the counter. Evelyn picked up the pad and took the pencil from out behind her ear and walked up to the young couple Leah had been talking about. The girl gave her a warm smile, the boy just avoided eye contact.
"Are you two ready to order?" Evelyn smiled at them sweetly, the girl kept looking at her stomach, Leah had been right.
"Just two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches please." The girl said in a way that made Evelyn think that she was nervous. Evelyn wrote it down on the pad and nodded at them before going back to the counter and handed Chris the piece of paper who had been put on preparation duty after he spilled two cups of tea on a customer's feet.
"You were right, the girl seemed nervous around me." Leah shook her head smiling.
"You've got to love the general public."

Evelyn waved goodbye to all the girls and Chris at the diner before leaving. Evelyn only had a few more shifts at the diner before her leave started. She didn't want to stop working, she told Leah she'd be fine working right through the pregnancy but Leah insisted. It didn't help that Leah caught Evelyn paying VJ $5 for a foot rub, that's when Leah said that it wasn't negoitable anymore. Evelyn spotted Matt sitting by himself on the seat near the beach. He had his head in his hands and he just didn't seem happy. Evelyn hesitated, Matt isn't the easiest person to talk to when he's in a bad mood. Evelyn was really hoping that the meeting with his dad would go well, Evelyn really wanted to meet him. Evelyn took a deep breath before walking over to him and sitting next to him. She grab his hand and started tracing patterns on the back of it. Matt looked up at her with bloodshot eyes and wet cheeks, he looked broken.
"He hates me Evelyn. I told him about you and how happy you make me and he said I should run away fast before I got tied down with a girl and someone else's kid and when I argued with him saying that even though the child wasn't mine in the sense of DNA it was still going to be my child he said I was making a huge mistake. I know I'm not though Evie, I know I'll never regret this." Matt pointed to both Evelyn and himself. "You're the love of my life and it sucks that he can't see that, it really does." Evelyn squeezed his hand tightly.
"Maybe he just needs to meet me? Maybe he needs to see that I'm more than a stupid 17 year old girl who got herself knocked up. He might need to see for himself that I'm not with you just so my daughter has someone to call dad. Call him over here Matt, I bet he'll chnage his mind." Matt went to shake his head at her but Evelyn gave him this look that said no arguments. Evelyn tuned out the conversation between Matt's father and him.
"You're going to regret this, but he's on his way. I hope you're ready Evie" Evelyn leaned her head on Matt's shoulder and closed her eyes. The stress of work, the sounds of the waves crashing and Matt's embrace almost sent her to sleep. A man clearing his throat brought her back to reality. The older man looked nothing like Matt, Evelyn couldn't see one similarity. "Dad this is my girlfriend Evelyn, Evie this is my dad." Evelyn smiled and held out her hand for a handshake. Matt's father stared at it for a bit before finally shaking her hand.
"It's nice to finally meet you Mr. Page" Matt shuffled along the seat so his father had room to sit beside him.
"Matt says you're the love of his life, who was the love of your life when that happened?" Matt's father's voice was harsher than Matt's. He sounded as though he had been smoking two packs a day since he was ten. Evelyn gulped, he didn't start with the easy questions.
"It wasn't love sir, more lust than anything. His name is Wayne, he's a principle's son. Wayne ran off after Matt and I had established a relationship." Matt squeezed her hand encouragingly. Evelyn could barely think straight she was so nervous.
"How does your father feel about this?" Evelyn took a deep breath and closed her eyes, she should of expected this question to come up but she hadn't.
"My father passed away a few years ago." Evelyn gave Matt a worried look and he mouthed that she was doing fine.
"Do you think that if your father was here that you would be pregnant?" Evelyn watched as Matt's expression changed from calm to furious in less than a second. Evelyn squeezed his hand signalling to him that she had this.
"Well Mr Page, before he died my father had forced my twin brother and I into a cult so I probably would've gotten pregnant at a much younger age." Matt smiled proudly at her. Matt's dad stood up with a small smile on his face.
"I think I like you."

"Is the doctor home?" Evelyn asked as she walked through Ricky's front door, Ricky had small bump now and Evelyn loved it.
"Nope and he won't be for a while now, I called it off" Evelyn's eyes widened and her hand flew up to her mouth. Ricky shook her head. "Don't act like you didn't see it coming kiddo. He was only staying for the baby and I just told him that he could still see the baby but he shouldn't stay with me if he's unhappy. He started packing his things the next day." Evelyn pulled Ricky into a tight hug which is difficult with how big her tummy was. "So tell me, what's up in Evie world?"
"Other than pregnancy stuff, not a lot. I met Matt's dad today and he loves me. Josh still hates me, oh and Maddy asked me to be maid of honor at her and Oscar's wedding. Matt's the best man. " Ricky raised her eyebrows at Evelyn.
"That's more than not much Evie. So did you help fix Matt and his dad's relationship? I think it's actually the opposite with Josh, I've caught him crying while looking at that photo of you and him he had framed in his room before, he misses you. You didn't tell me that Maddy and Oscar were getting married? That's awesome!" Evelyn still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Ricky and Nate weren't together anymore. She thought the two of them were made for each other.
"I did actually! Matt said he owes me the world and I'm going to hold him to it. Oh god that sounds really sad, if he treated me like an actual human being and not like some fly that's been annoying him then we could be friends. Yeah Oscar told me a few nights ago, Maddy and Oscar are made for each other and I'm excited for my best friend to be my sister. She's really excited to be an aunty." Ricky smiled.
"I'll talk to Josh about treating you less fly like when he gets home. I'm pretty excited about little Evie in there too. Have you thought of a name yet?" Evelyn had infact decided on a name, but she hadn't even told Matt yet.
"I have chosen a name but I'm not telling you, it's a secret." Ricky sighed and rolled her eyes. Casey started to cry in his crib and Ricky left to go get him. Very soon that would be Evelyn, getting up to tend to her distressed baby. She wasn't keen on the midnight feedings but she had a feeling that she would be okay. Matt promised he would help as much as he could and Evelyn knew he would keep his word. Evelyn and Matt were going to raise her child to be the very best she can be. Ricky walked in with Casey in her arms.
"Look, it's Evie." Ricky said pointing to Evelyn. Evelyn waved at him and he giggled and clapped his little hands. "You need some food don't ya little man?" Ricky tickled his tummy and went to the kitchen to fix Casey a bottle. Evelyn hoped she was at least half the mother Ricky was.

Evelyn and Matt layed side by side in Matt's bed, neither of them could sleep. Evelyn had had another cult dream and her heart was still beating fast from it and Matt couldn't sleep until her knew she was okay. This dream had been different to the others. She had given birth to her daughter and then the leader of the cult arrived and took it off her, saying that the baby was the cult's now because the father belonged to the cult, then a boy who Evelyn remembered talking to a few times stepped out from behind the leader and took the baby his arms before walking away with her. Evelyn knew her daughter was Tank's and not someone from the cult's but that didn't stop her from being scared.
"Evie, are you okay?" Matt was on his side looking at her now. Evelyn awkwardly rolled on her side and looked back him.
"I will be, please just hold me?" Matt nodded and wrapped his arms around her and she did the same to him. Then she fell into a blissful sleep.

Thank you everyone for the comments! I hope you like this chapter :)

Chapter 19

"Girls are stupid." VJ muttered as he fell back onto the couch after chucking his on the table. Evelyn put down her own phone and raised her eyebrows at him.
"Good thing I'm not a girl then." Vj sighed and sat up straighter. VJ ran his fingers through his hair. Evelyn had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing at him, something had him really stressed out.
"You don't count." Evelyn couldn't hold her laughter in anymore. VJ frowned at her and threw a pillow at her. "You should be helping me, not laughing at me. Some cousin you are" Evelyn took a few deep breaths and managed to stop laughing.
"Alright Vincent Junior, tell me about all your problems." VJ scowled at her and flipped her off. Evelyn and VJ had never really sat down and talked about things that were troubling them. VJ usually went to Leah and Evelyn went to Oscar. VJ was clearly struggling with something that he thought Evelyn could help him with. Evelyn looked down at her stomach and her eyes widened. "VJ you didn't get someone pregnant did you?!"
"What? No good lord Evie!" Evelyn put her hand on her chest and breathed a sigh of relief. Evelyn's stomach had started to turn at the thought of it. "This girl I like keeps sending me mix signals, one minute she's kissing my cheek and the next she's telling her friends I'm clingy and annoying. What do I do?" Evelyn leant forward and put her hand on VJ's arm.
"You drop her. She sounds like a cow Veej, you deserve better than that." VJ took a deep breath and nodded his head. It saddened Evelyn to see VJ who was usually so happy and full energy look so defeated and down. Evelyn was glad she could give him some worth while advice.
"She's at the surf club, I want to do it now. Come with me." VJ looked at her with big puppy dog eyes. Evelyn really thought VJ should do it himself. She opened her mouth to say no but VJ cut her off. "I have the perfect way to do it and I need someone else there and you'll be great at it. Please Evie? I'll rub your feet for free?" Evelyn sighed and nodded her head.
"I'm holding you to that free foot rub, my feet are pretty much balloons at the moment. Let's go Veej." VJ cringed at Evelyn's description of her feet before helping her off the couch. They walked until they got to the surf club. A small red headed girl smiled when she saw VJ and ran up to them.
"VJ! Feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" She squealed and wrapped her arms around him. Vj gingerly removed her arms from around his waist and turned to Evelyn.
"She's so clingy." Evelyn smirked, catching on to what VJ was trying to do.
"Yeah she seems pretty annoying." The girl's face fell, she looked like a kicked puppy. VJ just walked past her so he could go order their drinks. Evelyn smiled at her sweetly before following VJ. "I am so proud of you young grasshopper" VJ smiled at her.
"I'm pretty proud of me too."

"You should've seen the look on her face Oscar, it was priceless!" VJ and Oscar had apparently been talking about this girl for weeks now, Oscar had been telling VJ to just wait it out, but now he seemed pretty happy to hear that she's gone. Oscar held out his fist and VJ bumped it with his.
"I think the valuable lesson you've learned from this is to always go to Evelyn first, she's obviously better at this stuff than I am. I'm glad you're happy Veej." Evelyn was on her laptop looking at colleges in the summer bay area that provided daycare, she wasn't finding much and what she was finding didn't appeal to her. She was going to have to rely on a lot of free babysitting. Maybe Tank would come back and he could take her for a little while, Evelyn highly doubted that. There was a knock on the door and Oscar got up to answer it. "Oh, hey Josh, what brings you here?" Evelyn smiled, Ricky must have talked to him after all.
"Is Evelyn around?" Evelyn cleared her throat loudly.
"Yeah I'm in the kitchen, come through." She yelled out. Oscar looked back at her with a concerned expression on his face, Evelyn gave him a thumbs up and he let Josh in. Josh gave her an awkward smile and she smiled back just as awkwardly. "Could we talk, in private?" Everything about the encounter was awkward. Evelyn just nodded and led Josh out to the back.
"So, you want to talk?" Josh cleared his throat and nodded. Evelyn was hoping that this would all go well, she would really appreciate Josh's friendship and support. He was a great friend to have around and they got along so well before they developed feelings for each other.
"It's been brought to my attention that I haven't been treating you very fairly. Being a jerk is how I keep myself from being hurt and I thought being around you while you were all lovey dovey with Matt would kill me inside, but when I saw you two at the diner the other day the only thing I felt was happiness, for you. All I've ever wanted was for you to be happy, and you are. If you want to and if Matt allows it I'd like to be in your life again, as a friend." Evelyn smiled at him and he smiled back.
"I would love that, and I think Matt would too, I think he's missed having someone around to talk about Mangrove River with. This whole household is pro Summer Bay High and he hates it at times. Thank you for coming over Josh, I appreciate it." Josh pulled her in for a quick awkward hug. Evelyn walked him to the front door and said goodbye to him.
"What was that about Evie?" Oscar asked, he still looked concerned. Evelyn sat beside him and smiled.
" I just gained an old friend back. Hey, how would you feel about babysitting?" Oscar smiled and placed his hand on her stomach.
"I would love to babysit. I've been meaning to talk to you about something, you're having a baby girl right?" Evelyn nodded. VJ got up and clamped his hand on Oscar's shoulder before running up the stairs to his room. Oscar took a deep breath. "Please don't be mad at me for asking this but could you not name her after mum? I've been planning on naming my first daughter after mum ever since I was little, I understand if you think I'm jerk for asking such a thing of you but I would really appreciate it." Evelyn smiled at him.
"Oscar I've known about your plans for years now, I would never take that away from you, not in a million years. The name Sarah is all yours." Oscar breathed a sigh of relief and wrapped his arms around Evelyn.
"Thank you so much, I love you Evie."
"I love you too."

"I ran into the postman outside, he gave me this" Matt handed Evelyn a small box addressed to her. Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows before placing the box down on the counter and wrapping her arms around Matt. "Aren't you going to open that?" Matt said into her hair. Evelyn chuckled and squeezed him harder.
"I will in a minute. I missed you." Matt pulled back a little so he could look at her face. Evelyn smiled at him and he raised his eyebrows.
"What's going on Evie?" Evelyn sighed and let him go. She down on the couch and patted the spot next to her, Matt came over and sat beside her. Evelyn took a deep breath.
"Josh came over today, he wants us all to be friends again. I've kind of missed his friendship and I know you have to so I agreed, I hope you're okay with this." Evelyn looked down at her feet. Matt placed his finger under her chin and gently moved her head so she was looking at him.
"You think I would be mad at you for this? Evie, Josh was important to you once upon a time and he was important to me to. It's understandable that you want him back in your life, I don't mind at all. As long as I'm the only guy you're kissing. I trust you, and I even trust Josh." Evelyn pulled Matt into a hug and he hugged her back, rubbing circles on her back like he always does when they hug. They pull apart and Matt gets up and goes to the kitchen, bringing back the package that Evelyn had left on the counter. "Open it." He said handing it to her. She sighed and tore the tape away with her nails and with a little help from Matt. Inside was two silver bracelets and little note. The bracelets were engraved, one said mother and the other said daughter. Evelyn picked up the note and read it, it just said to Evelyn and bub, love Wayne/daddy. "He goes all out doesn't he?" Matt said with a smile.
"They're beautiful, she won't be able to wear hers for years but hopefully she'll love it when she can. I really want her to meet Wayne, even if it's just once, I want her to know her dad. I want her to have a photo with him too. When I go into labor, will you call him and ask him to come down? I know it will be awkward but it's what I feel is right." Matt grabbed the bracelet that said mother and then grabbed Evelyn's hand. He linked the two ends together around her wrist.
"Of course I will, anything you want Evelyn. I actually agree with you, Wayne should be able to see his daughter right after she's born, maybe he'll want to stick around after as well." Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows at Matt.
"Why do I get the feeling you're just saying this just to make me happy?" Matt looked at her with a slightly guilty expression on his face. Matt sighed and ran his fingers through his curls.
"Because I kind of am, you know I'm not keen on having Wayne around but it is his child. He has more of a right to see her than I do, I can't keep him away from her. I'm really proud that you decided you want him, I may not want him there but I'll put up with him just for you." Evelyn raised her eyebrows and nodded her head.
"As you should, like you said he is the father. In saying that, you're going to be the father too, you'll be raising her with me, she'll adopt your mannerisms and the way you talk like she'll adopt mine. I had a friend when I was in primary school who's mum and dad got divorced when she was four and her mum met her stepdad pretty soon after and as she grew up she became more and more like her stepdad because he always around. I stayed at her house just before dad went crazy and she was exactly like him. That's what the two of you will be like, she'll take after you more than she takes after Wayne. Don't forget that." Matt grabbed her hands and started playing with her fingers, something that he did quite often.
"I actually never thought of that, I hope she takes after you more than anyone. You're the strongest person I know Evelyn, I hope that she has at least half of your strength." Evelyn's emotions got the best of her and she started to cry. "Hey don't cry, I'm sorry." Matt said wiping away her tears. She smiled at him.
"It's okay, they're happy tears."

20 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Well, there's goes my thoughts of Evie calling the bub after her mum ....but good that she's beyond totally OK with Oscar naming his 1st daughter that.

When VJ was talking about that girl to Evie, i thought that was going to be Olivia's entrance into this fic.

Cooool bracelets that Wayne sent her .....and that she and Josh are friends again !!!!   

I think I should explain why I shot down the baby name idea, I had decided that she wouldn't name her after Sarah a few days earlier and when you commented about it I thought I should write some sort of reason for it, it's was a good idea though. I have written in Olivia in the story in a pretty cool way too, I hope you like it :)

Thank you everyone for the comments! I really appreciate them :lol:

Chapter 20

"Hello Mr Page, Matt's just in the shower he shouldn't be long." Evelyn and Mr Page stood in front of each other in the lounge room, the visit from Mr Page was nothing less than a surprise to Evelyn. Evelyn gestured to one of the dining room chairs and Mr Page took a seat. "You know what, I'll just go see how long he's going to be." Mr Page snorted and turned to face Evelyn in his chair.
"Is that how you got pregnant?" Evelyn clenched her teeth and looked down at her bare feet . Mr Page didn't seem to have the part of his brain that told him when something was inappropriate or not.
"No that happened on a rock, not that it's any of your concern. Now if you would excuse me I need to go make sure your son hasn't fallen asleep in the shower." Mr Page raised his eyebrows at her. "It happens sometimes after he's worked the late shift. Now goodbye." Evelyn turned around and walked as fast as she could up the stairs. She banged on the bathroom door loudly three times.
"VJ I'm not handing you anything, I'll be out in a few minutes." Matt called out over the sound of running water. Evelyn rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.
"You're dad is downstairs doofus" Evelyn heard him drop something and she chuckled to herself. The water cut off immediately and Evelyn heard some shuffling around before Matt answered the door in just his towel. Her eyes widened and she took a step back.
"Why is dad here? Did he say?" Matt's hair was extra curly and full of water. Matt clearly hadn't made any effort to dry himself off before he opened the door. Evelyn took a deep breath and placed her hands on her hips.
"No, but he's really offensive, I see where you get it from." Evelyn said half joking and half not. Matt pouted at her and Evelyn giggled a little bit, he was such a child.
"I'll just chuck on some clothes and then I'll come down. Just put up with him for a few more minutes." Matt leaned forward and kissed her before closing the door. Evelyn wiped the water that Matt had left off her face. She walked back down the stairs, Mr Page was still sitting in the same spot that Evelyn had left him in.
"Matt will be down soon." Evelyn sat down on the couch and picked up her laptop, she had been looking at colleges again this time they didn't need to have free daycare before Mr Page arrived at the house. Zac told Evelyn that it would be best for her to take a year off so she could be with her baby and then worry about school, Evelyn was more than happy to agree. There was a little bit less than a month until Evelyn was due to give birth and she had already packed her hospital bag. Matt came bounding down the stairs, his hair still wet. He chucked his towel at Evelyn and sat in front of her. She sighed and put her laptop down and started drying his hair, something she had to do a lot because Matt couldn't seem to dry his own hair.
"Why are you here old man?" Matt said. Evelyn made sure to dry behind his ears, he always forgets to dry behind his ears. Mr Page looked the two of them with a very confused look on his face.
"Well, I wanted to let you know that I got Ellie out of foster care, I know she would love to live with you again mate, but I guess if you want to stay here and disappoint your sister then that's fine too." Evelyn chucked the towel over Matt's head and picked up her laptop again. Matt sighed and took the towel off his head and sat beside Evelyn on the couch.
"The only person that would be disappointed is you, and honestly that doesn't bother me very much. Nice seeing you dad." Mr Page glared at Matt before storming out of the house. Evelyn gave Matt a questioning look. "He can't come in here and saying something offensive to you and then pull a guilt trip on me and expect me to be kind." Evelyn turned off her laptop and put it on the table. She layed down on the couch with her head in Matt's lap, he started playing with her hair.
"I'm glad you're not going, I need you here. VJ and Oscar would tease me too much if you left." Matt chuckled and kissed her forehead.
"And here I was thinking you wanted me to stay because you love me." Evelyn smiled at him.
"I do love you."

Evelyn straightened out her dress and fixed her hair. Ricky had dropped by the house a few days ago and handed her a pamphlet for a group for teenage mothers, for before and after they give birth to their babies. Matt convinced her she should go so here she was, standing in front of the town hall where the meetings were held once a week. Evelyn took a deep breath and opened the door. She was greeted by a middle aged lady who handed her a name tag and a marker, Evelyn smiled and wrote her name on the label. She stuck it on her chest and handed the marker back to the lady. Evelyn walked through another door to see a group of girls in a big circle, some pregnant, some not. Behind the circle a boy about Evelyn's age was entertaining a group of toddlers with a soccer ball. Evelyn grabbed a chair and sat it beside a pretty blonde girl who wasn't pregnant and a brunette girl who was. The blonde girl turned to her with a huge smile.
"Hi I'm Olivia! That's my little boy over there, the one avoiding the ball." She pointed to a curly haired blonde boy who was running away from the ball. "And the girl beside you is April, she's a little bit shy. Your name tag says Evelyn , nice to meet you. Are you having a boy or girl? When are you due?" Evelyn was really overwhelmed by how much this girl could talk. The other girl beside her sighed.
"Olivia we've been through this, one question at a time and then the girl won't feel so weirded out. Like she said I'm April, I'm not shy I just don't pounce on people as soon as they get here." Evelyn chuckled nervously.
"Hello to you both. Uh, I'm having a girl and I'm due in 3 weeks, the 15th of September." Olivia clapped her hands excitedly and April smiled at her.
"I'm due on the 10th, maybe we'll see each other." Evelyn smiled at her. The middle aged women who had greeted Evelyn at the door joined the circle.
"Good afternoon girls, we have a new friend with us today. Evelyn could stand and answer these questions, your name, age, due date, gender of the baby if you know it, something you've craved and the baby's father's name." Evelyn's eyes widened but the middle aged woman just smiled at her sweetly. "It's how we get to know you." Evelyn nodded and stood up.
"I'm Evelyn Macguire, I'm 17, I'm due on the 15th and I'm having a girl. The father's name is Wayne most people call him Tank, he's not a biker I promise and I had a major craving for orange juice, but that's passed now." The girls all laughed and Evelyn sat down.
"Is Tank still around?" Evelyn gulped and shook her head.
"No he left after a few months, but my boyfriend Matt is really good to me." Olivia awhed beside her and Evelyn couldn't help but chuckle at her. Evelyn looked around the room and she saw no one she recognised, which was a good thing.
"It's good you've got somebody, a lot of us have nobody to help us out." A black haired girl spoke up, Evelyn noticed that she was glaring at her. Evelyn gave her an apologetic smile and the girl looked away.
"Yes I know, I'm very lucky to have Matt." Some of the other girls had started their own conversations within the circle. April turned to Evelyn with annoyance in her eyes.
"That was Eliza, she says something snarky every week. Her boyfriend ran for the hills as soon as she told him about the baby. Her little girl is the one sitting against the wall pouting. No matter what Dex does that child just won't join in. Dex is my boyfriend, he claims those toddlers can kick better than him, he isn't wrong." Evelyn was starting to really like April.
"Hunter helps out usually but today he had a shift at work so she couldn't. Hunter was ecstatic when we found out about Mason, it's hard for me to imagine a girl going through it without her partner. I do feel sorry for Eliza, it can't be easy." Olivia looked to be the same age as Evelyn and April looked a year or two older.
"Wayne only stuck around because he thought he could win me back but I was madly in love with Matt so he ran. He sends presents and other things but other than that I don't hear anything from him." Being able to talk to someone about Tank who didn't know him before he left felt great. There was no snide remarks or name calling, it was just Evelyn explaining things.
"We should swap numbers, we can all meet up for hot chocolates or something tomorrow." To Evelyn's surprise it was April who suggested the meeting. They all swapped numbers. Evelyn smiled, she had just made two new friends.

"I got us a triple date for tomorrow." Evelyn plonked down beside Matt on the couch and rested her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around and rubbed her tummy.
"With who? So you made friends? The meeting was good?" Matt was reminding her of Olivia. It turned out that April and Olivia and April had been best friends since April's first meeting at the hall.
"Yes the meeting was awesome and I met two great girls we're meeting up with them and their boyfriends for hot chocolates tomorrow. They're Olivia Richards-Fraser, Hunter King, April Scott and Dexter Walker. Dex and Hunter will try and con you into helping out with the little ones at the meetings, it's just them at the moment." When April told Dex about Matt Dex looked at Evelyn with a pleading look on his face, the kids were a handful apparently.
"I recon I could find the time in my oh so busy schedule to help out. I'm glad you've made some new friends, maybe Mads would like to meet them too." Evelyn cringed at the thought of Maddy and Olivia meeting, there is only so much talking Maddy can handle before she explodes.
"I don't know about that one Matt. It was really nice to be able to talk about Wayne leaving without someone piping up and giving their opinion, I was able to say how I felt without feeling judged, you know?" Matt looked down at her with a serious look on his face.
"You can tell me how you feel about him leaving, I won't judge you. I swear." Evelyn bit her lip. She hesitated, she wasn't sure how Matt would take what she was about to say.
"I'm really disappointed, I wanted him to stick around. He would've been a great dad, I don't want anything more from him. I just want him to take some of the responsibility for this too, I'm not the only person to blame for this. No one seems to think about that though, it's always my fault because I'm the one with the massive tummy, not him." Matt grabs her hand and just holds it.
"I blame him all the time. When you had morning sickness I was thinking stupid Tank, when you sent me to the supermarket at five in the morning to get you chocolate milk I thought stupid Tank, when I felt your baby kick for the first time I thought thanks Tank. Trust me, he gets blamed too." Evelyn leaned forward and connected their lips together, she put as much love and passion into that one kiss. She wanted Matt to realise how much she appreciated him with just one kiss.
"You are my favorite person ever, I just want you to know that."

Archived