Dan Bennett quits

JamesC10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How very odd. He seemed to care very much for the established history of characters and I did like the direction in which he was taking the show. 

Lucy Addario needs to step down and we need a decent producer and better writers who understand the past of the show and how to utilise it for the future. 

After dreadful years from 2005-2012, Neighbours got themselves a new producer in late 2012 who cared for the show and it's history, and the show imrpoved in leaps and bounds. Hopefully with someone with the same outlook at the helm of Home and Away, something could be done and the show can return to a watchable state.

Home and Away hasn't been the same since 2000 and I stopped watching on a regular basis in 2005. If they could bring the show back to its roots and tone down the crime, drugs and violence element,

1 hour ago, adam436 said:

After dreadful years from 2005-2012, Neighbours got themselves a new producer in late 2012 who cared for the show and it's history, and the show imrpoved in leaps and bounds. Hopefully with someone with the same outlook at the helm of Home and Away, something could be done and the show can return to a watchable state.

Home and Away hasn't been the same since 2000 and I stopped watching on a regular basis in 2005. If they could bring the show back to its roots and tone down the crime, drugs and violence element,

If you had been watching. You would have seen the vast improvement since Dan arrived.

Hence our concern at his sudden and early departure.

I think it's strange that he has left the show after 6 months. I wish him well for the future. I think Lucy Addario needs to move on now. She has overstayed her welcome IMO. She's still producing HAA but I think the show needs fresh new producers. 

This is somewhat worrying.It's hard to shake the suspicion that his attempts to bring the show closer to what he thought Home and Away should be weren't entirely in line with other people's idea of what the show should be like.If that's the case, then the show could change without him around and not for the better.

That is my worry as well. Lucy has been at the helm for almost 4 years, surely she should be thinking of moving on soon though. Maybe the Channel 7 bosses think the show is losing popularity and wants it to revert back to the Underbelly CSI style of the show. In that case I shall deffo stop watching for good. Neighbours has not sacrificed its roots this bad to become something it isn't.

Archived