JamesC10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Where did you hear that from?

From here. BTTB :wub:

1 hour ago, ~Lynd~ said:

I definitely smell something fishy though I'm not sure what.He hasn't been around long so why even take the job? 

Yes. No way he just decided to leave, if so that would have to be from the Guinness World Records of coincidences. Makes me think if he didn't jump he probably would of been pushed, and it has to be for that massacre story line. Nothing else has happened. So what's the truth????

:o Sad thing is this is all far more interesting than most of what's happening on screen :lol:

On the topic of Bevan, i found his answer to this question in 2004 to be very interesting. 

"Will HAA still be around in 15 years? Do you think there will ever become a time when Summer Bay will cease to exist? How many years has HAA been going now? 15/16 years??? do you think there will be another 16 years of life in the bay?" asked by fletch

Bevan: The future of the show is entirely dependent on the quality of people we are able to get to work on it in both production and writing. I think it could just keep going and going - like the Eveready Bunny - if we are able to staff it properly. And that is often hard to do, as there are not a lot of good people out there. The success of any show comes down primarily to good story-telling. As long as the stories are interesting and well told, then I think the fans will stay. They'll accept the odd lapse in story quality, as I think they know that these things go in cycles - but if the stories go off the rails for too long, they'll drift. So, I think "H&A" can continue ad infinitum as long as we all keep doing our often exhausting and mind-bending jobs to a certain level. Now THAT'S the hard part :-)

http://www.backtothebay.net/questions/will_haa_be_around_in_15_years.shtml

Bad news for Home and Away fans as Dan Bennett has announced he's quit his job on his personal twitter account.

danleaves_zpse525ust4.png

https://twitter.com/danmbennett

Dan Bennett was the script producer from 2005-2007 and had recently returned to Home and Away as the Script Editor. Dan has been a fan of Home and Away, for years and grew up watching the show. He has a great knowledge of the show's history and this showed when writing for some of the characters like the older fan favourites. With ratings declining I can't help but worry about the future of the show, when the back end of 2015 was written so well (since Dan returned as Script Editor). I wish Dan luck in his future.

It would be great if Bevan Lee did come back. I think though, that ship has sailed unfortunately.

I wonder if Dan Bennett has quit because of the way the show is going, and he does not get on with Lucy or something and has decided to walk. This means unless is replacement is a good script editor, then I think the show is doomed.

That's a shame. It seems like the interest for the show was higher and the ratings was better late in the season 2015 than in the first months of the year (tvtonight.com). We are five months behind, and are in July episodes, but I think I have seen some changes to the community feel. The characters don't seem so isolated anymore. And the storylines are a bit different. 

I fear for the show now, I have a feeling that it will return to how it was in 2014 and first half of 2015 which it was terrible and a completely mess where no character seem to be connected to each other and it was all about weird storylines and guns, with a small portion of bad written teen drama. Who will replace Dan Bennett?? hopefully not the same script producers as the show had before Dan Bennett (Louise Bowes?) . 

15 minutes ago, jodlebirger said:

Who will replace Dan Bennett?? hopefully not the same script producers as the show had before Dan Bennett (Louise Bowes?) . 

Highly doubt it will be Louise Bowes as she is currently Network Script Executive, and in charge of all shows on Channel 7 except Home and And Away.

Archived