Olivia/Hunter

dncllpyk

Like I said in another thread maybe the writes let it go so quickly for Hunter & Olivia because they might expose what Hunter did? Often there's a reason they're letting things move really quickly for a couple (cause then they will be tested as a couple soon). But I do like Hunter & Olivia as a couple, especially cause Hunter isn't doing crazy things anymore. I really like how they both opened up to each other. You could see Hunter really wanted to react in a good way when Olivia told him everything. They could become another good teen couple (if Hunter's past actions don't catch up with him)!

Edited by HomeAwayNL

I have enjoyed Hunter this year, I enjoyed him best when he was a psychopath haha. But I agree I can't full accept him until its revealed he started the fire, and the electrocuted poor Marliyn haha. Some reason Olivia reminds me of Belle. Belle was my all time fav Home and Away character :(. But they remind me of a bit of Nicole and Aden. Matt and Maddie more like Belle and Aden. Ironically both Olivia and Maddie are blonde haha.

I find the whole thing vaguely offensive, in much the same way that I find Hunter vaguely offensive.Take a girl who's already messed up by abuse and self-harm and stick her with a twisted psychopath.They seem to have brought Olivia back to heap as much misery and humiliation on her as possible, and being paired with a sicko like Hunter is the final insult. At least, I hope this is meant to be one of the biggest mistakes of her life, and that once she finds out the truth about Hunter she won't want anything to do with him.If the idea really is to make the audience go "Awww, they're so cute together, I so don't care that Hunter's landed half the town in hospital anymore", then it could be a huge misfire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I find the whole thing vaguely offensive, in much the same way that I find Hunter vaguely offensive.Take a girl who's already messed up by abuse and self-harm and stick her with a twisted psychopath.They seem to have brought Olivia back to heap as much misery and humiliation on her as possible, and being paired with a sicko like Hunter is the final insult. At least, I hope this is meant to be one of the biggest mistakes of her life, and that once she finds out the truth about Hunter she won't want anything to do with him.If the idea really is to make the audience go "Awww, they're so cute together, I so don't care that Hunter's landed half the town in hospital anymore", then it could be a huge misfire.

I've said elsewhere that I will continue to have difficulty accepting Hunter as a "good guy" until the issue of his serious misdeeds is dealt with.  I don't necessarily mean that he should be thrown in jail or his hide nailed to the Surf Club wall but there should be some acknowledgement by him of his wrongdoing and some attempt at restitution. 

I really think he should go to jail but then I find my opinion of what "should" happen often differs from that of the people running the show.This isn't a situation where "I'm sorry and I won't do it again" can cut it.People have died because of Hunter. The show really shouldn't try and pass off his actions as normal teenage rebellion and have it all all right if he admits what he's done and does the washing up for a week.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...