Tom and Pippa

adam436

Be great if they did a storyline where Alf tries out the internet, gets trolled and then says to the troll, "If you said that in real life you dingo you would feel the leather of my flamin' belt". Lol.

Michael was a clear replacement for Tom but out of the 2 men Tom was the better one to watch. He'd have been great staying on for a few more years, or even for a long while, and still be around today, but if so, would we get the Nashes and Sutherlands? Unless they lived elsewhere but SBH.

I disagree with the above. I was surprised by how much I grew to dislike Tom when The Early Years aired 1989-1990. I liked him at first, but as time went on, he became grating, chauvinistic, generic (Tony Holden-esque) and in the end, entirely disposable (he was off-screen for a while before his death and not really missed). I find Michael infinitely easier to like, probably because he doesn't have the holier-than-thou attitude of Tom. They both had their faults, but unlike Tom, Michael knows he's flawed.

Having said that, the differences between Tom and Michael are minor. Not so much comparing red apples to green apples, more comparing one red apple to a slightly redder apple. They're much the same character in most ways. But then it makes sense that Pippa would be attracted to someone similar to Tom.

In defence of Tom, he did realise his wrong ways in the end. Only it wasn't emphasized enough. Yes, he was acting like a macho tool during the Pippa's "affair" storyline and didn't show much remorse after it, but it came to me that he realised he was wrong, when Fisher was being accused of having killed Matt's brother and Tom was telling to his foster children that he learned from that situation with Pippa that they shouldn't jump to conclusions before finding out all the facts.

Archived