Matt/Maddy

Sarahlouu

54 minutes ago, John said:

I think the point of agreement we have here is that the whole process has been unnecessarily rushed.

Well yeah. But point is Oscar was not right to transition with Maddie into.adulthood, simply because of their lack of compatibility. Matt is more suited to Maddy. The only difference from a fan of Matt and Maddy. Is yes it has been unnecessary rushed. I watched first ep of 2016. They were in bed together. Hold on lol. They just had a tender sweet kiss. Then bang. Then bang I love you. Bang dream home. The whole thing has been unnecessary rushed. Should of given it time. Let's see if it works out by going down this direction.

Again with that dead horse, but I think Maddy and Oscar were far more compatible than Matt and Maddy.Maybe on the surface Matt and Maddy seem compatible but they were at vastly different levels of maturity and it's damaged Maddy's character trying to make her fit in with him.She and Oscar might not seem like an obvious match but they were at the same place in their lives, she'd grown up a lot by being with him and now a year's character development has gone down the drain by sticking her with Matt, who's still at the stage of thinking a relationship just means having sex all the time.She's not going to transition into adulthood with Matt because he's too immature, she needed someone like Oscar for that and now it's not going to happen.

Oscar and Maddy barely had enough screen time together as a couple to even see if they were compatible. What did they do in their free time together? What interests did they have? Did we see so little of their relationship because they barely spent anytime together and preferred the company of other people? Maybe. Maybe not. But even though i never really believed they were in love doesn't mean i don't think they weren't compatible, at least at some level. At the moment i certainly don't think Matt and Maddy are compatible. They are living together and there is, more than other couples, some sort of continual problem or conflict between them. After their arguments they seem to kiss and make up quite quickly, which is fine if we want to see them making out all the time. But like others have said their relationship has been rushed, and doesn't leave me believing that they are in love ready to spend the rest of their lives together.  

• Like 1

For me the whole Matt and Marry thing is pretty boring seeing them argue all the time, both characters used to have a love of music why not explore that? Get them both to help each other find the love of music again together.

• Like 1

Yeah i still maintain that it made zero sense to turn Oscar into the bad guy by the writers, just so out of character.

If they just drifted apart fair enough but if they wanted to make somebody the bad guy it had to be Matt and Maddy the way they developed the story line, it didn't make sense the way it ended and i hated it especially the way Maddy spoke to Oscar in the end. Has ended up turning me off both Maddy and Matt tbh not that i like their relationship to begin with.

• Like 1

I personally think Matt and Maddy clash and fight so much. As tptb are showing how similar their personalities are. Personally I thought that was an issue with Maddy and Oscar. And okay I know im in minority here. But I always saw Matt and Maddy as an unlikely pair up since 2014. Simply with their Skateboarder Princess dynamic. I  am disappointed slightly with their storyline. But point is Maddy is entering adulthood now. So I believe her and Matt are more suited. Jmo. So it feels more an adult relationship. Then any of her previous ones. I understand why ppl are not happy with this pair up. And feel sorry for Oscar. Although he still hangs out with Matt sooo. But it feels ppl are focusing on the bad stuff. Not the good stuff. Like their nice moments. Like I remember Matt supporting Maddy with Hannah getting Cancer. Way he fed her with Food lol. And told her to make the most of each day. Thought ThAt was sweet from Matt. And I hope they explore their interests in Music.  So I can accept most dont like them together. But I do:D.

Edited by Luke39

I was wondering why alot here are so anti Matt and Maddy haha. So here's my theory.

Eta: think why the most anti matt and maddy fans are so negative. Is THEY believe THEY were a plot device to end Maddy and Oscar. Also shippers lol. Like after all ThAt character development. Or that built up progression.with them. THEY threw it all out the Window just so Matt and Maddy can do it lol. But those ppl need to understand. Mattady (im lazy lol) was irregardless to Oscar and Maddy ending. Their.was a slow decay even before Matts feelings. Teen Group still established.

So clearly right call. So whoever Maddy dated had nothing to do with how she felt about Matt or breaking up with Oscar. Big influence sure but not the biggest deciding factor, just natural progression. I mean I even remember when Maddy and Oscar had a mutual break up. THEY both agreed what THEY had was gone. And it was time to move on. Teenage relationships dont last thats the point.

But I dont like how they asssinsated Oscars character in the process. But that's the only issue I have. I truley believe that is ThE main reason why some cannot accept it wss the right decision to end Maddy and Oscar imo. And Matt and Maddy was the right decision to pair them up. Maddy hasent degressed. Just shes with someone who challenges her. Jmo.

Edited by Luke39

I won't presume to speak for anyone else, but personally I loathe this pairing because they bring out the worst in each other.

I disliked both characters initially but over the last year had grown to tolerate them as they had definitely both matured and grown.

However from the moment their possible pairing became a 'thing' the worst traits of both characters have reemerged. Even more so since they got together.

The inherent immaturity of both, Maddy's shallow and selfish personality along with Matt's arrogance and his liking for ridiculing others (especially Oscar) are all things I believed they had left behind.

Instead all of this is back with a vengeance. I do not see their constant childish bickering interspersed with constant sex as an indication of how suited they are for a long term adult relationship, quite the contrary.

I do agree however, that they are suited to each other, At this point in their lives, for a typically teenage fling based purely on sex. 

I hated that Oscar was 'uncharacteristically' made the bad guy. But was quite happy to see him and Maddy break up. Oscar was always way to good for her.

The only time they were compatible was when Maddy was 'forced' to grow up due to her cancer and needed a dependable, decent guy in her life.

Now that is over, she has finished using Oscar for support and has reverted to type. 

50 minutes ago, kmp1963 said:

I won't presume to speak for anyone else, but personally I loathe this pairing because they bring out the worst in each other.

I disliked both characters initially but over the last year had grown to tolerate them as they had definitely both matured and grown.

However from the moment their possible pairing became a 'thing' the worst traits of both characters have reemerged. Even more so since they got together.

The inherent immaturity of both, Maddy's shallow and selfish personality along with Matt's arrogance and his liking for ridiculing others (especially Oscar) are all things I believed they had left behind.

Instead all of this is back with a vengeance. I do not see their constant childish bickering interspersed with constant sex as an indication of how suited they are for a long term adult relationship, quite the contrary.

I do agree however, that they are suited to each other, At this point in their lives, for a typically teenage fling based purely on sex. 

I hated that Oscar was 'uncharacteristically' made the bad guy. But was quite happy to see him and Maddy break up. Oscar was always way to good for her.

The only time they were compatible was when Maddy was 'forced' to grow up due to her cancer and needed a dependable, decent guy in her life.

Now that is over, she has finished using Oscar for support and has reverted to type. 

I see your point. But when recently has Matt ridiculed Oscar. Sure he gives him a hard time every now and then. But that's what mates do. I feel your right. But I also feel you and others arE selectively focusing on their bad characteristics. Not their good stuff. I.don't agree its primarily a teenage relationship based on sex. Ive seen a predominantly adult relationship. With two very similar ppl. But very supportive relationship. Yes they have shallow traits. Yes THEY can be immature. But stuff like Matt supporting Maddy with the cancer thing. Etc. I.thought it was nice. So.whether or not Matt and Maddy have reverted to type or not. Look.I.dont have a good enough argument lol. What can I say it is what it is. Imo im watching them. And I think majority are over exaggerating their fighting, sex, bickering etc. I.see two very.similar personalities.

So they clash. But theirs also love their. Im clearly in minority here. I just dontthink it is as extreme as ppl make out. And im not going to put Oscar on a pedestal. Like majority.say wHat you want assassinated his character. Etc. He still cheated. And personally I found maturing Maddy boring. With Matt yes shes backsled a tad. But I still the same Maddy with Oscar. Matt.and Maddy are still the same lovely pair THEY wrre as Friends. I guess I saw them becoming a couple in 2014. So their pair up to me was inevitable. I don't agree they bring the worst in.each other. In some ways they bring the best out of each other. And the worst.

I dunno I guess I see a couple. Who are entering adult hood. Two ppl who are like a perfect storm. Its not perfect. THEY do bring the worst out of each other in so many ways. I can't disagree as I agree lol. But then when they do get it right. I think THEY just have an understanding. Like the whole two toothbrush thing. So I.think ppl are being unfair imo. I also dont think Oscar is innocent at all. He used MDdy just as much. I think Matt is more sophisticated then Oscar. And more romantic then Oscar. Have Matt and Maddy reverted to their type? Whether or not I agree with your assement of their type is. Not really. I don't see it as a teenage fling. Two ppl in a long term relationship. Who happen to have great sexual chemistry lol. You disagree. Great I dont Care. Be boring if we all thought the same. Besides it seems to.be long term. So.clearly they do more then just.colitis lol.

Edited by Luke39