Matt/Maddy

Sarahlouu

I'm with RR1 on this. Oscar is sweetheart who deserves to get the girl. He and Maddy are so sweet together.

Matt on the other hand has been a tool from day one. Indeed I think from memory that Oscar was one of the victims of his bullying right from the beginning.

Unfortunately the show continues to go down the 'nice guys finish last' track. It is also starting to look as if, like Spencer before him, Oscar will be leaving the show early. Sigh. 

• Like 1

I don't really get this Matt has been a tool from day one. Yeah he was like that earlier, because he was kinda a rive boy from the wrong sides of the track. But he has matured a lot the past year. So Maddie should be with Oscar, because he is a nice guy? Boring lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kmp1963 said:

I'm with RR1 on this. Oscar is sweetheart who deserves to get the girl. He and Maddy are so sweet together.

Matt on the other hand has been a tool from day one. Indeed I think from memory that Oscar was one of the victims of his bullying right from the beginning.

Unfortunately the show continues to go down the 'nice guys finish last' track. It is also starting to look as if, like Spencer before him, Oscar will be leaving the show early. Sigh. 

Personally,  I have never liked Maddy and Oscars relationship.  Yes, he is a great guy, I just can't see the chemistry between them.

Matt and  Maddy are not together, their scenes have so much chemistry. 

Yes, Matt wasn't a nice guy, people do change, Matt has grown up sooo much. He is a good friend to Maddy,  Oscar etc.  Yes, he likes Maddy, but he didn't do anything, he tried to forget his feelings but the heart doesn't let him. 

38 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

I don't really get this Matt has been a tool from day one. Yeah he was like that earlier, because he was kinda a rive boy from the wrong sides of the track. But he has matured a lot the past year. So Maddie should be with Oscar, because he is a nice guy? Boring lol.

Yes, I agree with your post.

People change, Matt has changed a lot, he has grown up a lot. I didn't like him when he first came but now he is one of my fav characters. 

I haven't wanted a couple to get together so badly for ages.. since Aden/Belle.

Oscar and Maddy have no chemistry compared to Maddy/Matt. 

• Like 2

I really like Matt & Maddy as well. They've really grown close this year. Of course it's sad that Oscar would get hurt over this, but I do think Matt & Maddy are way more compatible. Maddy obviously likes Matt as well, otherwise they would've become so close this year. I do think Maddy could realize soon that Matt would be a really good guy for her as well. Oscar & Maddy act more like best friends than a couple. Their romantic moments seem forced sometimes. I love how Matt has become a better person this year: he's more serious and he really cares about the people around him. I do really like him now, I didn't in his "break-down" period after Sasha left. Maddy has also become more mature, mainly because of her cancer. Plus there have been a lot of hints that Matt knows Maddy way better than Oscar does (the Soul Mate Quiz, the violin as a birthday present). So I'd love to see them as a couple. I really think Matt & Maddy could be a really good couple, especially when they get the right storylines. Of course it will be messy in the beginning because of Oscar, but I really think these two have a lot of potential.

• Like 3

Conceptually I was all for Matt and Maddie.They have good chemistry and I thought they'd be fun but the closer we get to it actually happening the more I hate the idea.What's Oscar ever done to either of them to deserve getting hurt in the way it seems likely He will?Put that with the fact that I'm sick of the show starting relationships with someone getting hurt and expecting us to swoon over how cute they are and I'm just not here for it.Try something new HAA.I miss the days when they wrote decent romances that didn't condone playing people for fools.

Edited by ~Lynd~
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ~Lynd~ said:

Conceptually I was all for Matt and Maddie.They have good chemistry and I thought they'd be fun but the closer we get to it actually happening the more I hate the idea.What's Oscar ever done to either of them to deserve getting hurt in the way it seems likely He will?Put that with the fact that I'm sick of the show starting relationships with someone getting hurt and expecting us to swoon over how cute they are and I'm just not here for it.Try something new HAA.I miss the days when they wrote decent romances that didn't condone playing people for fools.

I know that Oscar will be hurt at the beginning but I am sure he will get over it. Oscar is a good guy, I hope that Matt/Maddy don't do anything until Maddy/Oscar break up.

I know that not everyone will like them as a couple, but I am really looking forward to them as a new couple. 

4 hours ago, HomeAwayNL said:

I really like Matt & Maddy as well. They've really grown close this year. Of course it's sad that Oscar would get hurt over this, but I do think Matt & Maddy are way more compatible. Maddy obviously likes Matt as well, otherwise they would've become so close this year. I do think Maddy could realize soon that Matt would be a really good guy for her as well. Oscar & Maddy act more like best friends than a couple. Their romantic moments seem forced sometimes. I love how Matt has become a better person this year: he's more serious and he really cares about the people around him. I do really like him now, I didn't in his "break-down" period after Sasha left. Maddy has also become more mature, mainly because of her cancer. Plus there have been a lot of hints that Matt knows Maddy way better than Oscar does (the Soul Mate Quiz, the violin as a birthday present). So I'd love to see them as a couple. I really think Matt & Maddy could be a really good couple, especially when they get the right storylines. Of course it will be messy in the beginning because of Oscar, but I really think these two have a lot of potential.

I totally agree with your post. 
I do agree with the fact that Maddy will realise soon that Matt is a great guy for her. I wish she would have realised when Evie was trying to set them up. I wish that Maddy/Oscar didn't get back together, there was no point. 
It was obvious that they were going to get together when Evie was trying to set them up and when Matt thought that Maddy liked him. 
I really love the Matt/Maddy friendship, they have grown together a lot.

Yes, it will be messy because of Oscar but they will overcome it together. 

• Like 3

This has been a topic much debated on the Maddy character thread recently. When Evie first tried to set up Maddy and Matt, I thought it was the worst idea. But as they have gotten closer as friends, I do think there is something about their interactions which works, and they do have really good chemistry.

I want to like Oscar/Maddy as a couple, but I have never been able to buy them as anything other than friends (partly because Oscar, to me, seems like such an asexual character). But it will be a shame to see Oscar hurt.

• Like 2

I think in the long run Oscar is better off with someone who he is more compatible with, just would of never worked in the long run. They kinda had a co dependency about them. Oscar and Maddie always felt like more best friends then lovers. Matt and Maddie also have a friendship to base it on. So I guess in the long run its for the best.

It is early days of Mattie and Oscar up here and they are far from boring. If they have become boring, then the only reason is that the writers don't bother to give them decent storylines. We have really seen this over and over again the past 5-6 years or so. When two characters have been a couple for a couple of months or less they are breaking up or cheating. Because that's the only thing the writers seem to be able to do with them.

And I can understand that, when it cause a buzz and people are so positive to the new couple (because they haven't done anything with the old one to move them forward). So it ends up in a cycle. But this is not the way to make a good show, or write good storylines. Actually they are not really writing them, they are only using old storylins and swap the characters names and some other small details. So it's quite easy... doesn't cost much of time and creativity. 

Maddy and Matt have never been compatible. Not with their different background. When a character stays three or four years on the show (or more) they need to be moved forward. And with Maddy hooking up with Matt will only be the opposite. Why on not  earth put Matt with someone else, someone new???? And I also want to see more of Matt's family (sister and father). There are a lot of things they could do with him, and Maddy's past and parents needs to be used more too. 

To be honest I think they should have brought in a new girl instead of two new boys (as it seems they have done in Australian pace - Tank and Hunter). Josh, VJ, Matt and Oscar... - four teenage male characters - and that is enough, when we have only Maddie and Evie together with the new girl Olivia (who hasn't arrived yet in Norway). To have six male teen characters on the show is just insane. 

I think Jake Speer did such a great job with his anxiety storyline last season, and he showed he can do serious storylines. Why not give him more? It is like the writers decides who they want to be popular and who they want to stay in the shadow and just be there until they leaves. And that is so completely wrong and unfair on the actors. 

Edit: and I have to add... Maddy has been almost 3 years on the show.. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves in the first half of 2016. 

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1