Remember Irene Roberts' song?

JasUK

Hello all! I've been trawling the internet trying to find a particular episode, or even reference to it. I recall the character Irene Roberts once dressing up in a line dancing outfit, and singing a song that went something like,  "So I picked up the pieces of my broken heart and put them back together with your love." It was a full song and quite a big deal at the time as I seem to remember her being seen as the Michael Jackson of the Bay based on that performance. 

Does anyone else remember this or have any further recollection? 

Are you sure that wasn't Lynne McGranger singing it during an interview in a UK behind the scenes show in the mid-90's? I seem to recall those lyrics during that performance and she was sitting on a fairground ride of some sort?

You're right with that - though she was referring to her 1995 country/western storyline at the time so I'd presume it was a repeat performance of one she'd done on the show (I can't recall the exact songs)

I included a pic of one of her performances in a tweet a while back

I remember  this storyline. Both Irene and Donna (much to Irene's fury/jealousy) entered the country and western contest. I seem to recall liking Donna's song better, but I have no memory of how it went now. It was also tied up with Irene's sister coming to the Bay.

I remember  this storyline. Both Irene and Donna (much to Irene's fury/jealousy) entered the country and western contest. I seem to recall liking Donna's song better, but I have no memory of how it went now. It was also tied up with Irene's sister coming to the Bay.

Her sister Wendy was a famous country singer who hadn't a hit in 4yrs and fell on hard times. She and her son Nelson (who dated Selina on this visit and Sally on his second) came to stay for about a month

Her sister Wendy was a famous country singer who hadn't a hit in 4yrs and fell on hard times. She and her son Nelson (who dated Selina on this visit and Sally on his second) came to stay for about a month

I liked Nelson. They should have kept him on after you-know-what happened but I guess it was too much trouble for the make-up dept!

I know know the song well. I remember the 1995 storyline  but have also watch the 1996 interview with her and Tristan Bancks about 100 times. Lol. I've tried finding the song but I guess it's very likely is was written specifically for the show. Possible by Mike Perjanik. I would love to know for sure though. 

Archived