Home and Away's Lisa Gormley wants permanent return: 'I'd love to come back'

Perry

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this little snippet interesting in light of the title of the Braxton special. An eye for an eye does suggest another boring revenge story. I  could see Heath getting involved against Bianca's wishes AND ending up dead or in jail as a result. 

Then Bianca could come back, with Darcy in tow. I loved Bianca when she first turned up, but she was another female character who was watered down to become nothing more than Braxton fodder.

My hatred of all things Braxton is well documented, but I will always make an exception for Darcy. Young Alea was such a talented kid, who like Will McDonald proved what can be done when the producers stop with their obsession about casting muscle bound 20 something's as teens.

I find this little snippet interesting in light of the title of the Braxton special. An eye for an eye does suggest another boring revenge story. I  could see Heath getting involved against Bianca's wishes AND ending up dead or in jail as a result. 

Then Bianca could come back, with Darcy in tow. I loved Bianca when she first turned up, but she was another female character who was watered down to become nothing more than Braxton fodder.

My hatred of all things Braxton is well documented, but I will always make an exception for Darcy. Young Alea was such a talented kid, who like Will McDonald proved what can be done when the producers stop with their obsession about casting muscle bound 20 something's as teens.

While my appreciation of the Braxton era is also well documented ( at least in it's concept while not entirely in its execution ) I agree entirely with your views on the use of overage characters for teen or child roles.  My personal view is that that policy is far more damaging to the show than anything else the producers are doing at the moment.  It means that characters almost always only stay for one 3 year contract period then leave to pursue other opportunities.  This acts against the development of long term storylines and relationships and I don't only mean romantic ones. These are then replaced by constant overuse of dramatic short term plots which when overused lose their impact.

The character of Bianca is just associated with the worst period in the show's history Imo so I don't think it would be a good idea. She was very badly written and inconsistently written which made it quite difficult to care or even believe in her.

I would hardly call that the worst period of the show!.

What was worse?

1998-1999.

Wasn't that around the time the Nash family turned up? I think Hayley was introduced? No way that's worse than Home & a Braxton.

It'll be interesting to see if they take her up on her offer, seeing as Rebekah Elmaloglou and Dannii Minogue have both previously expressed an interest in returning...

Well Rebecca is off the market, and honestly her acting is pretty awful on Neighbours. Though perhaps that partly because of how cold her character can come across as.

Dannii ??? i just don't get. It would bring people back. All you would have to show for a teaser is a leather jacket.

Although Bianca was inconsistent I enjoyed Lisa's acting and thought she had HUGE potential, I don't think Heath was the right pairing for her and I think it did more harm to her character then good. I wouldn't mind seeing her return, I prefer her to the likes of Hannah or Kat. 

I like how people.still use Braxtons as some scapegoat to justify this era as the absolute worst. I dont think they are all.bad. Just the female characters they align.them with. In Bianca's case she was better off paired with Liam imo. But i enjoyed the brothers bond, and although I despised Brax's character at times. Always enjoyed his family comes first motto. Braxtons like it or not were probably the most popular characters in the shows history, so they are big draws. And considering the ratings, it makes sense. Im open to.Lisa returning, if she returns with.her blonde hair, and shes good on the eye haha. 

I like how people.still use Braxtons as some scapegoat to justify this era as the absolute worst. I dont think they are all.bad. Just the female characters they align.them with. In Bianca's case she was better off paired with Liam imo. But i enjoyed the brothers bond, and although I despised Brax's character at times. Always enjoyed his family comes first motto. Braxtons like it or not were probably the most popular characters in the shows history, so they are big draws. And considering the ratings, it makes sense. Im open to.Lisa returning, if she returns with.her blonde hair, and shes good on the eye haha. 

Since when did popular = good? Back in the day watching the guillotine come down used to drawn the crowds too.

Since when did popular = good? Watching the guillotine come down used to drawn the crowds too.

One man's good is another man's awful as illustrated by the division of opinion over the Braxton era.

Archived