What if's.

Homeandawayfan.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2016 at 0:51 AM, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

What if Michael survived the flood and was washed up somewhere in the city or Queensland and began searching for Pippa, spending 20 years searching for her and ended up forgetting that Summer Bay existed. He returns, sees so many new faces in the bay and begins to wonder "has everyone I have ever known died?", he walks into the diner and says "Jesus! This place has changed, where's Ailsa?" (he doesn't recognize Irene, but she recognizes him and they begin to chat), she tells him of Alf's whereabouts and he hunts Alf down with Irene and tells them about the past 20 years.

He'd know Marilyn as well :)

I always wonder what would have happened (a real-life scenario) if Roger Oakley hadn't have quit? Vanessa supposedly quit because she missed working with Roger, so they both would have stayed longer.

Presumably Tom would have most of Michael's storylines, so would have been axed and drowned in 1996? Or would being an original cast member have "saved" him?

I've hard conflicting stories to be honest.

I remember reading something about Roger quitting due to poor health at the time, which was also related to his extended break in 1989 when Tom had a stroke and was in hospital for months. I've also read a rumour that he was sacked because he came out (coincidently, Fiona Spence left the show around the same time, so there might be something in it!), which would have been more taboo and had more of a negative effect on the show in 1990 than what it would today. I've also heard that he was simply axed because they wanted Pippa as a single character, and when they realised the mistake they'd made, they created Michael.

On the subject, it's a shame Tom and Pippa #1 didn't leave together. I think it would have been better to have Alf and Ailsa move in and take over the caravan park and looking after the kids, in much the same way Travis and Rebecca did in 1998. Then Debra and Dennis could have perhaps been introduced as a new couple/family.

What if the original shop had not been bombed by Dodge? It could still have been here today. In real life the building was condemned so Channel 7 opened up a temporary demolition department where they had it blown up for real as part of a H&A storyline. That was the best shop, it had a pinball machine and cafe area.

I guess the idea was that they got rid of it to make way for the Diner. The store burnt down around the time Neville and Floss were axed; the story is they were axed so the show could spend more time focusing on the younger character. I guess the Diner would appeal to young people (both onscreen characters and viewers) than what the General Store would have.

If the store hadn't have burnt down, then maybe Phillip would have been alive and he and Stacy could have got their happy ending! I would have love to see them stay for a few years as a married couple and start a family (though we'd probably find out they can't have children, so foster instead) 

Archived