H&A to move to 7TWO?

dee123

I guess you got to ask a question is a very popular sport more important then a fictional tv show haha, probably seeing they are real people with real careers. I have always preferred Home and Away. I don't know it has always had more edge for me, and a dramatic edge. They seem to build cliffhangers a lot better, edge on the seat kinda thing. With Home and Away you have that lifestyle, and the famous beach. In Neighbors I don't know its on land lol, if that makes sense. Characterization at present is better in neighbours, but I agree at present the scale in acting is superior in H and a. But I think the original point was, moving H and A could be beneficial as it was with Neighbours. Got to understand though they are different shows, and in different formats. I also think H and A should have a larger rating then Neighbours, with all the drug and crime content, should be PG at best, Neighbours feels G to me. So the content to me is dictated by the rating, H and A has a different rating to Neighbours. Well Ratings ever be that strong, I mean under a million watch H and A, unless they drop under 600 k, I think they well be fine. I guess the question is, is it quality vs quantity. I think at this point most fans would prefer quality.

AFL is NOT a popular sport where i live.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you got to ask a question is a very popular sport more important then a fictional tv show haha, probably seeing they are real people with real careers. I have always preferred Home and Away. I don't know it has always had more edge for me, and a dramatic edge. They seem to build cliffhangers a lot better, edge on the seat kinda thing. With Home and Away you have that lifestyle, and the famous beach. In Neighbors I don't know its on land lol, if that makes sense. Characterization at present is better in neighbours, but I agree at present the scale in acting is superior in H and a. But I think the original point was, moving H and A could be beneficial as it was with Neighbours. Got to understand though they are different shows, and in different formats. I also think H and A should have a larger rating then Neighbours, with all the drug and crime content, should be PG at best, Neighbours feels G to me. So the content to me is dictated by the rating, H and A has a different rating to Neighbours. Well Ratings ever be that strong, I mean under a million watch H and A, unless they drop under 600 k, I think they well be fine. I guess the question is, is it quality vs quantity. I think at this point most fans would prefer quality.

I understand that but it is a huge money spinner and ratings grabber for seven.

I understand that but it is a huge money spinner and ratings grabber for seven.

In other states sure, i agree but there's a reason why it screens on 7Mate here. The biggest state population wise should get better treatment.

Not that its relevant to Australia. But interestingly over here, Home and Away on tv2 has a PG rating, but Neighbors has a G rating lol. Take that for what you will. But I agree AFL would be a huge money spinner and ratings puller. But I think this is a scheduling issue, not whether or not AFL supercedes H and A.

Not that its relevant to Australia. But interestingly over here, Home and Away on tv2 has a PG rating, but Neighbors has a G rating lol. Take that for what you will. But I agree AFL would be a huge money spinner and ratings puller. But I think this is a scheduling issue, not whether or not AFL supercedes H and A.

True. Very true.

• 3 weeks later...

So The Big Bang Theory is coming to 7Mate at 7pm. I'll be honest, if it's a boring episode of H&A, i'll probably switch over. I wonder how many might do the same?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/big-bang-theory-to-begin-on-7mate.html

Big Bang has declined in quality a bit haha. But still gets massive ratings, and scores in key demographics (Young Males and Young Females). Depends on its audience in Australia,

The first few seasons of Big Bang were great. Its lost its way now that they all have girlfriends Still funny in parts though.

Oh yeah first three seasons my fav sitcom ever. Too relationship driven these days haha. Leonard and Penny got married though that's good haha. Sorry OT. Point is being on the same timeslot as H and A, BBT may beat it for ratings.

Archived