H&A to move to 7TWO?

dee123

If this happens it would be catastrophic to not only ratings but the overall production of the show.

Actors come on the show for 3 reasons, Money, experience and publicity. I doubt they will have that on the second channel. Overall budget and costs will be downgraded drastically and i'd say our cliffhangers would probably consist of whether the milk in the diner has gone off or not. 

This could be bad...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What hell no......... That is just wrong..... They cant do that...... That would be like moving the NRL to abc its just pure wrong....... Just coz they did it to Neighbours by moving it from 10 to ELEVEN dont mean they have to do follow in there footsteps....

This is terrible news if true! I desperately hope that Channel 7 decide to stick with Home and Away in the 7pm slot. The show would become irrelevant if switched to 7Two as we have seen with Neighbours. 

I can't believe they would consider dumping the show for the absolute trash journalism Today Tonight show. 

Is 7TWO aimed at an older demographic? 

Yes. In Australia on cable TV there is a channel called UKTV. You can probably guess what they screen. In my house we call 7TWO "UKTV for free" :lol: Both channels show stuff like: A Touch Of Frost, Escape To The Country, Lewis, Vera, Bargain Hunt, Judge John Deed, Inspector Morse etc... I think you get the point.

I see. I do hope H&A remains on the main network as it's really the only way the show remains safe from being axed IMO. However part of me thinks maybe the stories would be thought out more if it was on another network and perhaps get back to basics as it were. 

If they could do this and keep the show where it is that would be great! :wink:

What hell no......... That is just wrong..... They cant do that...... That would be like moving the NRL to abc its just pure wrong....... Just coz they did it to Neighbours by moving it from 10 to ELEVEN dont mean they have to do follow in there footsteps....

Completely :offtopic: but you brought it up :P I'd love the NRL to be on the ABC. No ads, no Phil Gould or Ray Hadley. It would be heaven :innocent:

Fyi while its true young actors go on this show for publicity, money and levarage for a career in Hollywood. But lets not diminish the older actors who are on the show. Ray Meagher, Georgie Parker, Marcus Graham recently, Ada etc. Just saying. Change of network, may effect ratings, and overall production. And make it susceptible to being axed. 

Fyi while its true young actors go on this show for publicity, money and levarage for a career in Hollywood. But lets not diminish the older actors who are on the show. Ray Meagher, Georgie Parker, Marcus Graham recently, Ada etc. Just saying. Change of network, may effect ratings, and overall production. And make it susceptible to being axed. 

Not that i want to go full tin foil hat but perhaps this was the reason for the rush to the Logie hall of fame at the weird age of 27 which seemed to take basically everyone by surprise. If H&A actually moves to 7TWO i honestly don't know if it will make it to 30 years.

This isn't like Neighbours were the network wanted the show to move. If this occurs, H&A is basically getting pushed aside.

Not that i want to go full tin foil hat but perhaps this was the reason for the rush to the Logie hall of fame at the weird age of 27 which seemed to take basically everyone by surprise. If H&A actually moves to 7TWO i honestly don't know if it will make it to 30 years.

This isn't like Neighbours were the network wanted the show to move. If this occurs, H&A is basically getting pushed aside.

depends on the demo that network gets. I dont know im from nz haha. We well.still.get the show regardless. 

I originally didn't think this was a big deal seeing all televisions get the digital stations these days but then there's publicity to think about to.Shows on the digital stations get little to no publicity and have usually failed to rate on the main station.Moving HAA doesn't make sense seeing it doesn't rate to badly.Sure it doesn't rate as well as it used to but it still pulls decent numbers.

I hope this doesn't happen because it feels like it'd be the kiss of death.People aren't going to watch something that gets no publicity.Most people don't talk it to death like us and will likely forget about it if they aren't reminded.

Archived