Hunter King - Scott Lee

When Hunter came clean and apologized to Marilyn, I think she said something like "I know how hard it must have been for you to come forward after all this time".  Or something like that. I was honestly waiting for her to find out he only came clean cause the cops on his doorstep and it was all about to come out anyway and not being so nice about it

Edited by project90
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like Hunter but he hasn't really done anything to prove or redeem himself to be a good guy other than being a sweet boyfriend to Olivia. 

When they had Hunter holding baby Luc it was a sweet moment but it seem forced trying to  be like Kyle.  Kyle loved holding baby's. When Kyle held a baby it seem far more genuine and real and I don't mean because Kyle was the baby's uncle. 

Even Andy showed more kind moments like when he found Marilyn after she lost her memory. 

• 8 months later...

Hunter King is without a doubt is probably the worst character to be brought in the recent years. I do feel like he has matured on the last year or so, but we rarely see him  do anything nice. He burned Leah's house, nearly killing Oscar, Matt, Zac, and Billie. Then he puts the blame on Billie, and tries to break up Zac and Leah. The he steals the safe from the diner, seriously injuring Marilyn, resulted in Charlotte covering for him, killing Denny and Trystan, getting involved with Gunno (which put Ricky and Casey in danger), and trying to kill Kat. All this resulted in Josh killing Charlotte, which leads us to 2016: Zac being arrested in stabbed in prison, Tank returning and causing more trouble, Dylan attacking Kat and Ash, Maddy getting cyber-bullied and of course, caused the explosion in the caravan park, killing Oscar and Hannah, maiming Maddy and Ricky, causing great heart-break for Evie, Nate, Chris, Matt, Zac, Leah,BIllie, Roo and Andy, and causing the rift between Skye and John. Then he stabbed Andy in the cop-shop, gets only community service, acts like a total jerk towards Josh, Jordan and Olivia (who, for some unbelievable reason, thinks he's a good guy, even though she knows everything he's done and show no remorse). A year later, when Charlotte's mother did the actual right thing and told the police, Hnuter only then thought it was right to tell Marilyn the truth, when McCarthy already knew and processed him. And did the people of Summer Bay turn on Hunter and Olivia and let the police throw them in jail to rot? Of course not! That would be the right thing to do, and Home and Away doesn't know how to do that. Marilyn, John, Alf, Leah, Irene, all the rest just gave them a pat on the back and just assumed they learned their lesson! And also it's easier that Zac and Evie moved away now, so Hunter doesn't have to face up to the family he's hurt the most. God, this makes me shake in anger! The only thing that will restore my previous, unshaken faith in the show, is that Hunter gets his comeuppance, one way or another. The chances are slim, but I am hopeful for justice. 

Edited by D.B
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, D.B said:

Zac being arrested in stabbed in prison, Tank returning and causing more trouble, Dylan attacking Kat and Ash, Maddy getting cyber-bullied and of course, caused the explosion in the caravan park, killing Oscar and Hannah, maiming Maddy and Ricky, causing great heart-break for Evie, Nate, Billie, Chris, Matt, Zac, Leah,BIllie, Roo and Andy and causing the rift between Skye and John.

Find it bit unfair to blame Hunter for every single little chain reaction. Zac going jail and the explosion is Josh Andy and Tank fault. Rift between Sky and John cause she a teenage girl who wanted be with boy no one approved of. Not saying hunter done nothing wrong but can't blame him for chain reaction of a chain reaction that he wasn't involved in 

Edited by project90
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, project90 said:

Find it bit unfair to blame Hunter for every single little chain reaction. Zac going jail and the explosion is Josh Andy and Tank fault. Rift between Sky and John cause she a teenage girl who wanted be with boy no one approved of. Not saying hunter done nothing wrong but can't blame him for chain reaction of a chain reaction that he wasn't involved in 

I suppose you're right, I don't think that Hunter meant really anything in 2016 (except trying to kill Andy) to happen, it's easier, I guess, to blame him for everything when in really, there were other factors. But I still hold him responsible for the burning, the theft and the aftermath. 

I really like Hunter but i do think he has done too much and I  know Andy probably has be just as bad but i think they always kept edge with Andy unlike Matt/Kyle/Hunter who all become like actors as time went on and become Mr nicest guy in town over night.   .

Hunter seems more like Scott Lee now then Hunter King.

• 1 year later...

I know Hunter may not be redeemed in the way of being a hero at anytime but I think he redeemed himself in a more realistic fashion and that he just became more nice and decent person once he had people like Leah and Zac in his life as a better example than his mother. 

I do realise Hunter didn't do himself any favors by keeping quiet on his actions but I think him admitting at court it was him and not Billie was a step in the right direction and Hunter was willing to go to the police earlier to admit to the fire and diner safe being stolen and Charlotte stopped him. 

Hunter also helped John when he collapsed and at the time when John was putting blame oh him with the fires. 

Hunter definitely became one of my favorite characters, he was a complex character. 

I really liked his brief friendship with Colby and Ryder .  It's a shame it didn't last longer. 

Edited by j.laur5