Hunter King - Scott Lee

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

He set fire to a house and almost killed people, he almost killed Marilyn... The mess Charlotte is in is all thanks to Hunter, sure Charlotte could have told the police she killed Denny without getting Hunter involved but she wasn't thinking straight. Hunter's a ****.

I think the problem is that they keep doing this dramatic entrances for characters (Kyle and Andy are other examples), and then expect to redeem these guys later on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angelica said:

I think the problem is that they keep doing this dramatic entrances for characters (Kyle and Andy are other examples), and then expect to redeem these guys later on.

I agree but I think in this case, Hunter's actions won't be swept under the carpet

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Well let's face it.  tptb do believe their audience are a bunch of easily manipulated muppets, because it has worked in the past. 

No matter what these guys do, a large section of the audience do constantly excuse them and end up raving about what wonderful guys they are. 

No wonder tptb have such contempt for the fans intelligence.

• Like 2

I was thinking that he might get some Dodge like ending. Dodge had turned nice in the end and was really getting along with Fletcher family but then the truth came out and all was over. The only reason why Zac and Leah might not be so hard on him is because unlike with Dodge, nobody died this time.

I think if Hunter admits to lighting the fire and knocking Josh down the stairs they will be more forgiving and get his get out of jail free card. I'm liking Hunter and loving his relationship with Olivia can't wait to see where it goes glad she chose him over fake VJ

• 2 weeks later...

The moment we were told within a few minutes of him coming in that Hunter was both Zac's son and responsible for the fire I feared that by the time it came out Zac would have bonded with him so much that he wouldn't care and it'd all just get brushed off.And then Hunter just kept on doing evil stuff, yet somehow it still feels like he'll escape the consequences of his actions.But he's just completely twisted and I think a lot of people won't ever accept him as a main character.People will never forget, just like people could never forget that Kane raped Dani, that Angelo killed Jack, that Kyle kidnapped Casey and left him chained up in a desert (some people seem to have forgotten why but that's another matter) or that Andy rammed two teenagers off the road.It will always be the defining thing about him, in years to come people will go "Hunter?Oh yeah, the one that burned down Leah's house?" Not only that, he sat outside and watched as four people nearly died, then calmly stole the bag of an innocent bystander and framed her, when she was one of his victims.Then he left Josh for dead (and the way the Barretts brushed that off with "He's got enough problems" was laughable), then he was responsible for Marilyn being put in a coma, then he was responsible for Denny's death.

I hear people talking as if it's okay for him to have done all that because now we know why.And I'm at a loss as to what this magical secret that absolved him of all blame is.That he grew up without a father?That his grandfather died?Does that actually excuse any of the carnage and deaths he's caused, directly or indirectly?Using Charlotte as a scapegoat would be a massive cop-out.The two of them were in a vicious circle: She can't control him, he does bad stuff, she covers up for it, he does more bad stuff. They've messed each other up and are both to blame for everything that's happened.If he gets let off, that's a massive injustice.

I really think it's him that should have died instead of Charlotte.It would have been the perfect poetic ending: Charlotte's constantly covered for him and protected him and all the misery was for nothing.Ah well, if the show really is following the Angie plotline then I guess he's just killed his mother, and a lot less accidentally than Dylan did.Mind you, the way things are going with the show working on the principle that it's okay to murder someone if they were a bad person, he'd probably still get away with it if he shot Charlotte in cold blood.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

The moment we were told within a few minutes of him coming in that Hunter was both Zac's son and responsible for the fire I feared that by the time it came out Zac would have bonded with him so much that he wouldn't care and it'd all just get brushed off.And then Hunter just kept on doing evil stuff, yet somehow it still feels like he'll escape the consequences of his actions.But he's just completely twisted and I think a lot of people won't ever accept him as a main character.People will never forget, just like people could never forget that Kane raped Dani, that Angelo killed Jack, that Kyle kidnapped Casey and left him chained up in a desert (some people seem to have forgotten why but that's another matter) or that Andy rammed two teenagers off the road.It will always be the defining thing about him, in years to come people will go "Hunter?Oh yeah, the one that burned down Leah's house?" Not only that, he sat outside and watched as four people nearly died, then calmly stole the bag of an innocent bystander and framed her, when she was one of his victims.Then he left Josh for dead (and the way the Barretts brushed that off with "He's got enough problems" was laughable), then he was responsible for Marilyn being put in a coma, then he was responsible for Denny's death.

I hear people talking as if it's okay for him to have done all that because now we know why.And I'm at a loss as to what this magical secret that absolved him of all blame is.That he grew up without a father?That his grandfather died?Does that actually excuse any of the carnage and deaths he's caused, directly or indirectly?Using Charlotte as a scapegoat would be a massive cop-out.The two of them were in a vicious circle: She can't control him, he does bad stuff, she covers up for it, he does more bad stuff. They've messed each other up and are both to blame for everything that's happened.If he gets let off, that's a massive injustice.

I really think it's him that should have died instead of Charlotte.It would have been the perfect poetic ending: Charlotte's constantly covered for him and protected him and all the misery was for nothing.Ah well, if the show really is following the Angie plotline then I guess he's just killed his mother, and a lot less accidentally than Dylan did.Mind you, the way things are going with the show working on the principle that it's okay to murder someone if they were a bad person, he'd probably still get away with it if he shot Charlotte in cold blood.

Totally agree with you Red Ranger 1. 

(P.S. I have to ask.....Robin of Sherwood? ?)