Do you think Celia would have fallen for reformed Morag stuff?

sindikatas

When Morag came back for Bobby's funeral it would have been great if Celia was around. Maybe it would not have been as easy for her because she would have had actually to be nice to Celia to convince everybody that she had changed. I imagine Celia at first would be suspicious just like Ailsa, but she is very gullible and I'm sure that after a few nice chats with Morag she would have been just like Alf.

When Morag came back for Bobby's funeral it would have been great if Celia was around. Maybe it would not have been as easy for her because she would have had actually to be nice to Celia to convince everybody that she had changed. I imagine Celia at first would be suspicious just like Ailsa, but she is very gullible and I'm sure that after a few nice chats with Morag she would have been just like Alf.

​I think you've got that spot on.

I'm very surprised that Celia did not come back to live, or even visit, sooner than she did in 2000.

I know of course that behind the scenes TPTB either did not ask her to return or Fiona was not keen on returning if she was asked, but I'm talking more of how it seems out of character for Celia to forget her life in Summer Bay, as she seemed to love Summer Bay just as much as Alf does.

Celia wasn't even mentioned at all as being in contact with Alf and finding out what was happening in the bay. In fact when was the last time Celia was mentioned in an early years episode since 1990?

I'm very surprised that Celia did not come back to live, or even visit, sooner than she did in 2000.

I know of course that behind the scenes TPTB either did not ask her to return or Fiona was not keen on returning if she was asked, but I'm talking more of how it seems out of character for Celia to forget her life in Summer Bay, as she seemed to love Summer Bay just as much as Alf does.

Celia wasn't even mentioned at all as being in contact with Alf and finding out what was happening in the bay. In fact when was the last time Celia was mentioned in an early years episode since 1990?

​Yeah got to agree, it was surprising that she did not come back more as you say she loved the bay in the early years she had a lot of friends in the bay alright she could annoy them with her old fashioned ways but she was loved, there's also the Stewart family history in the bay. Im not sure on the reasons why she didn't come back but I'd of thought if she'd of been asked earlier she'd of come back, I know she enjoyed her latest return in 2012 because she enjoyed working with Ray (Alf) again and enjoyed having Colleen and Morag back as well. When you think of all the chances there was for Celia to make a return I really think the writers have missed out.

​I think it was early 1992 when Marilyn wanted to provide dry cleaning services but Alf said that Celia used to do it and found that it was not worth it.

From what I read Fiona didn't plan on staying past 1990. She, Peter Vroom and Craig Thomson all quit while Roger Oakley was the only chop victim.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they had brought in Colleen when Celia departed or another older female character to become a regular.

Because the cast felt empty only having two older, regular female characters, Ailsa and Pippa until Irene became a regular in 1994.

But I guess they seem to treat Bobby and Marilyn both like middle age characters in the early 90s as they also started treating Sally like older in years between 2004-2008 when she looked after Ric and Cassie.

Like after Beth died in 2007 the cast felt so empty just having two older regular female characters Colleen and Irene and it was so great they bought in Gina and Roo and Marilyn returned who by then were 40 or over.

I guess it just depends what way the writers would have wanted the storyline to go. On the one hand, nobody was more distrusting and judgemental (rightly so) of Morag than Celia. On the other hand, if Celia was anything, she was gullible and easily manipulated. So if she had been around, she could have went either way really. As we saw with Ailsa, the writers were happy to ignore the fact she had once been friends with Morag and instead create a situation of two "age old enemies" colliding. If Celia had been around, who knows how closely they'd have looked at her history with Morag and which bits and pieces they'd have been true to.

I do love the idea that somebody mentioned above, of Morag having to be nice to Celia in order to convince everyone she'd changed. That would have been great to watch. Of everyone in the show, Celia was the one she really couldn't help herself with. She'd have had to do some serious tongue-biting (we saw a glimpse of this in episode 4000 before finally snapping at the end of the episode!)

Archived