Was it mistake giving Michael the axe in 1996?.

j.laur5

I don't feel as if Pippa should've continued fostering with Ian. I always felt her heart wasn't in it in the same way after Michael died. Sure, she took in Tiegan and Justine - but I never felt she was as invested in them as she was with previous teens (I know Tiegan ended up living with her and Ian but still...) 

I liked Michaels exit portraying him as a fatherly figured who cared for kids even if they weren't his own. His death stayed true to his character, and for that I am thankful. I also feel that pippas exit was fitting as to me she seemed  "lost" in the bay without Michael and her old foster kids. I'd like to hear of her having foster kids offscreen, and is she still with Ian? 

​It was a fitting and very dramatic (at the time before everything became life-or-death) exit for Michael. Even though I liked Sam, I was annoyed with him at the time for effectively killing Michael.

I wonder if Pippa will ever make a return visit? Maybe she'll return for the 30th anniversary with Sally (if TPTB can knock the show into shape in the meantime). Debra's last appearance a few years ago, post-Sally, was extremely disappointing. I'd hope any future return would be handled an awful lot better.

Got to agree with her last return very poorly handled by the show and such a waste for a great character it was a bit like Don Fisher's last return, I agree with bringing these characters back but not when there's nothing for them to do in effect bringing them back for the sake of bringing them back, I'd of loved Michael to stay and exit with Pippa in 1998 as said above a bigger and better exit for Pippa.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived