Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

Just because he is a "criminal" does not mean we can't like him!

True.....but it does mean he needs to stay as far away from Charlie until he decides to change his criminal ways!! Btax can do whatever he wants but I don't want to see him drag Charlie down to his level for the sake of a few ratings and people thinking their "hot" together!!

I agree completely with RedRanger1

Let's face it, Brax is a criminal.That's not what he does, it's who he is, how he lives his life.He obviously genuinely cares about Heath and Casey and maybe about Charlie, up to a point, although he's not above using her when it suits him.But at heart he's really not that nice a person.I'm hoping there's going to be a definite end to his storyline, even if it's six months or a year away. Because with what he's done, from the drug trafficking to at best covering up Angelo being attacked(he may not have been present when it happened but he didn't seem that bothered), he needs to be brought to justice.I'm hoping they don't go down the route of ignoring what he's done and making out he's been "saved by the love of a good woman"(which usually translates to "condemned by the love of a bad man")because that would be a tremendous cop-out.

Exactly!

I liked him at the start, I thought he was a good guy just involved with a bad crowd, but he is a criminal pure and simple! He doesn't have any regard for anyone (when it suits him) , he lies and lies and lies and LIES to Charlie and I just want to shout at the TV and tell her to get away from him because he has fooled her big time. Stupid Charlie always ends up trusting him in the end and the cycle just continues and continues! He sold out Brody and also Keith, just to dig himself out of trouble. I am even liking Heath more than Brax now because at least Heath isn't as calculating as Brax is. Heath may be a bad guy but lets face it he doesn't have the brains for anything whereas Brax can worm his way out of every situation and be very conniving.

I too hope they don't go down the route of brushing all his actions under the carpet and forgetting about it and then gets together with Charlie and suddenly be an amazing person, and your right it would be a total cop out. I wish people would find out what he is really like, especially Charlie.

@ Dingo - I don't see how the show are "trying to make us hate him"............. its just his character!

@ Whitney - I don't see how "criminals" are likeable ? Not someone who I would like to be associating with I can tell you that much!

Let's face it, Brax is a criminal.That's not what he does, it's who he is, how he lives his life.He obviously genuinely cares about Heath and Casey and maybe about Charlie, up to a point, although he's not above using her when it suits him.But at heart he's really not that nice a person.I'm hoping there's going to be a definite end to his storyline, even if it's six months or a year away. Because with what he's done, from the drug trafficking to at best covering up Angelo being attacked(he may not have been present when it happened but he didn't seem that bothered), he needs to be brought to justice.I'm hoping they don't go down the route of ignoring what he's done and making out he's been "saved by the love of a good woman"(which usually translates to "condemned by the love of a bad man")because that would be a tremendous cop-out.

Exactly!

I liked him at the start, I thought he was a good guy just involved with a bad crowd, but he is a criminal pure and simple! He doesn't have any regard for anyone (when it suits him) , he lies and lies and lies and LIES to Charlie and I just want to shout at the TV and tell her to get away from him because he has fooled her big time. Stupid Charlie always ends up trusting him in the end and the cycle just continues and continues! He sold out Brody and also Keith, just to dig himself out of trouble. I am even liking Heath more than Brax now because at least Heath isn't as calculating as Brax is. Heath may be a bad guy but lets face it he doesn't have the brains for anything whereas Brax can worm his way out of every situation and be very conniving.

I too hope they don't go down the route of brushing all his actions under the carpet and forgetting about it and then gets together with Charlie and suddenly be an amazing person, and your right it would be a total cop out. I wish people would find out what he is really like, especially Charlie.

I certainly hope he just doesn't get others to take the fall and he comes out looking all innocent, because he is the least innocent of the lot. He's the one calling the shots and it really is disgusting the way he has manipulated his way into Charlie's bed and has used her for his own advantage (when needed to) and does nothing but lie and lie to her.

I liked him when he just seemed bad, but he's not a bad boy, he's a CRIMINAL, and a cold, manipulative, drug dealing one at that who has shown on more than one occassion his willingness to do whatever he can to protect himself - he really is a coward the way he uses and sets up others like that. I also don't like men who use and lie to women like the way he has used Charlie, will continue to use her (when necessary to cover up for himself) and is never honest with her - that's just low and all he is doing, is hurting her more and more with every lie. She's going to feel totally used and disgusted with herself when she finds out; at least I hope she finds out, but who knows with these writers, they may think that because they look so wonderful together to keep her in the dark about his true nature so that they can stay in this totally shallow relationship based on nothing but looks, lies, deception and sex. I always thought you needed honesty and trust to have a relationship, clearly not as long as the sex is good.

He is commiting major crimes and I really hope that justice eventually catches up to him because he should not just be allowed to walk away without some sort of punishment and just become the next good guy in town, where everyone just forgets because he comes across as a nice guy. With what we've seen him do in the past few weeks, that would be an absolute lie and cop-out.

For some reason, I find myself liking Heath so much more than Brax, because at least he doesn't hide behind a mask of respectibility like Brax - still hope both of them get what is coming to them, but unfortunatley, I doubt justice will ever catch up to these good-looking criminals.

I certainly hope that Charlie wises up soon and does her job - she's totally compromised when she is with him. A cop with a criminal can never work, unless of course no one ever finds out his involvement and they sweep everything he has done under the carpet, which will be just so bad and irresponsible. Still, if they go down this route, at least I'll know what sort of person he is, but it will be a shame that I have to right Charlie off as a joke and an embarrassment to the uniform who has sold out everything she believed in to live a big fat lie.

Exactly!

I certainly hope he just doesn't get others to take the fall and he comes out looking all innocent, because he is the least innocent of the lot. He's the one calling the shots and it really is disgusting the way he has manipulated his way into Charlie's bed and has used her for his own advantage (when needed to) and does nothing but lie and lie to her.

I liked him when he just seemed bad, but he's not a bad boy, he's a CRIMINAL, and a cold, manipulative, drug dealing one at that who has shown on more than one occassion his willingness to do whatever he can to protect himself - he really is a coward the way he uses and sets up others like that. I also don't like men who use and lie to women like the way he has used Charlie, will continue to use her (when necessary to cover up for himself) and is never honest with her - that's just low and all he is doing, is hurting her more and more with every lie. She's going to feel totally used and disgusted with herself when she finds out; at least I hope she finds out, but who knows with these writers, they may think that because they look so wonderful together to keep her in the dark about his true nature so that they can stay in this totally shallow relationship based on nothing but looks, lies, deception and sex. I always thought you needed honesty and trust to have a relationship, clearly not as long as the sex is good.

He is commiting major crimes and I really hope that justice eventually catches up to him because he should not just be allowed to walk away without some sort of punishment and just become the next good guy in town, where everyone just forgets because he comes across as a nice guy. With what we've seen him do in the past few weeks, that would be an absolute lie and cop-out.

For some reason, I find myself liking Heath so much more than Brax, because at least he doesn't hide behind a mask of respectibility like Brax - still hope both of them get what is coming to them, but unfortunatley, I doubt justice will ever catch up to these good-looking criminals.

I certainly hope that Charlie wises up soon and does her job - she's totally compromised when she is with him. A cop with a criminal can never work, unless of course no one ever finds out his involvement and they sweep everything he has done under the carpet, which will be just so bad and irresponsible. Still, if they go down this route, at least I'll know what sort of person he is, but it will be a shame that I have to right Charlie off as a joke and an embarrassment to the uniform who has sold out everything she believed in to live a big fat lie.

I imagine he will end up getting away with everything for the simple fact that he's part of the main cast and therefore incapable of being arrested. Aden can get away with kidnapping, aggravated assault and attempted patricide with a good behaviour bond (which he ignores every second week, but lets just ignore that), Charlie can get away with kidnapping and torture and I haven't even started on Jackass Holden yet. So I don't see why Brax should be punished. And yes, surely this will end up with everyone just wiping this under the carpet and with him being "redeemed by the love of a good woman (who's actually a totally shallow hypocrite and a complete moron. When Angelo Rosetta is pointing out what a terrible cop you are...).

I agree with some of the other posts here about preferring Heath because he's just a guy who doesn't seem to know how to be anything else and doesn't pretend to be anything else. He's a jerk, but at least he's honest about it.

And I don't think that being a criminal automatically means that I have to hate you. My favourite show is The Wire and the criminals on that show do things that even Brax would think is beyond the pale. And yet I actually find parts of them to like and in a way admire. But those characters are far more compelling and easy to relate to, even for a guy like me.

And I don't think that being a criminal automatically means that I have to hate you. My favourite show is The Wire and the criminals on that show do things that even Brax would think is beyond the pale. And yet I actually find parts of them to like and in a way admire. But those characters are far more compelling and easy to relate to, even for a guy like me.

I love the Wire and The Shield, but those were far more compelling and better done and as much as I liked the characters, I was always hoping that they'd be caught up with, and they usually were. And with everything they did, you were never really made to forget that these people were bad, but the problem with HAA, is they not only get away with it, it's usually forgotten about and they're suddenly Mr Nice People who have never done a thing wrong; Angelo's past misdeeds have only just been mentioned recently.

Never saw a lot of the Aden thing, so can't really comment, but while I don't agree with what Charlie did, she was raped by this man and feared what he would do to her daughter; wrong yes, wrong to cover it up yes, but a little more understandable, especially considering the emotional stress and trauma this man put her through when she was young and when he turned up again claiming his innocence. If she had fessed up, she probably would have lost her job, but with mitigating circumstances, it would have been believable if she had received a non-jail term; she had suffered enough by being raped, by being confronted by her rapist again and then losing the job she supposedly loved.

Charlie was forced into doing something wrong while Brax chooses to do the wrong thing when he doesn't have to be involved at all. He's the one who is clearly pulling all the strings and he's shown little remorse or guilt (if any) for his actions; he's a drug trafficker, who hurts not just the people he supplies drugs to, but everyone involved. He's hurting Charlie, he hurts anyone who steps out of line, he hurt Brodie by having him take the fall and he has shown his willingness to hurt and use anyone to save himself. I could love him as a bad guy, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to take his punishment, which sadly, he won't get and we'll probably have to try to believe that he is in someway a good guy who found love and reformed, when he's clearly not.

Just wish they would stop with having their characters commit crimes unless they're actually punished for it; it makes having cops in the show pointless, especially when they've been in the wrong themselves so often and all these storylines are nothing but a waste of time when you know they get off.

I love the Wire and The Shield, but those were far more compelling and better done and as much as I liked the characters, I was always hoping that they'd be caught up with, and they usually were. And with everything they did, you were never really made to forget that these people were bad, but the problem with HAA, is they not only get away with it, it's usually forgotten about and they're suddenly Mr Nice People who have never done a thing wrong; Angelo's past misdeeds have only just been mentioned recently.

I do agree that H&A has a tendency to just try and get people to "forget" that certain people (usually "hot" guys) are / were basically jerks when they want teenagers to swoon over them and that's the problem compared to shows like The Wire. I always thought Avon Barksdale, Proposition Joe, Stringer Bell and even Bodie were often more likeable than the cops chasing them or the politicians, but you always knew that even if they had reasons for their actions that they were usually in the wrong. About the only crim who I thought was overly sympathetic and a bit too nice was DeAngelo Barksdale. He was still a great character though. I don't know if they got "caught up with" though. Marlo pretty much got away with everything and the only one who got arrested was Avon (and lesser guys like Poot etc). The rest just got killed. By the way, you are very lucky you missed Aden's storyline. It was basically people saying "BUT HE'S HOT AND HE WAS ABUUUUUUSED AS A CHILD. Therefore it's ok for him to beat up whoever he wants and kill anyone who was even tangentially involved and he doesn't deserve to go to jail because it was stupid Rachel's fault for getting herself kidnapped". UGH.

I do agree that H&A has a tendency to just try and get people to "forget" that certain people (usually "hot" guys) are / were basically jerks when they want teenagers to swoon over them and that's the problem compared to shows like The Wire. I always thought Avon Barksdale, Proposition Joe, Stringer Bell and even Bodie were often more likeable than the cops chasing them or the politicians, but you always knew that even if they had reasons for their actions that they were usually in the wrong. About the only crim who I thought was overly sympathetic and a bit too nice was DeAngelo Barksdale. He was still a great character though. I don't know if they got "caught up with" though. Marlo pretty much got away with everything and the only one who got arrested was Avon (and lesser guys like Poot etc). The rest just got killed.

Ending up dead is kind of getting caught up with; most ended up paying for their crimes in some way. You were right about the cops and politicians; some were no better than the people they were chasing, but like the crims, you knew the reasons most of them did what they did, were for the wrong reasons, like saving face or getting ahead or they were just as corrupt as the crims.

Brax is a drug trafficker and criminal, making money off people's suffering and he doesn't care who gets hurt in the way - if he thinks he's doing it for family, that's just pathetic and wrong. I don't care how hot he is or what chemistry he has with Charlie, I just hope she finally stops deluding herself about this man and does her job, find the proof and arrest him. I know he won't go to jail, but at least everyone would then know what type of person he is; he doesn't deserve to get off scott free and be rewarded with having a happy relationship with a woman he's done nothing but lie to.

Can we not just wait and see how this all plays out before condemning Brax for his actions. Do you know how he got involved in all of this.

On top of that... he and the Riverboys have made Summerbay and Home and Away interesting again. They bring something interesting to the show and they are not horrible guys so we should cut them some slack and see where all of this is headed.

How can you cut someone some slack when they are as thuggish as Brax? I want to like him because he is a really good character, but it's difficult to do that when his answer to dealing with people who may fumble his real criminal activities is to "deal with them" or "sort them out".

I mean just look at the way he handled the whole Angelo situation. He showed no remoarse for what they did to him or for what he did to Brodie setting him up like that. He doesn't even seem to fazed by the fact that he is constantly lying to the woman he supposedly "really cares about" or that he's comprimising her and putting her career in jeopardy.

These are not the characteristics of a good man. Aden, Angelo, and Jack did questionable things, they even broke the law, but at least they showed remoarse for what they had done. They were good men who did bad things That's the difference they hold over Brax. At least it is so far.

And what Charlie did was completely understandable. She was trying to get the truth out of a man who raped her when she was only 14 years old. She was scared that he was manipulating her daughter into liking him and believeing him and she was fearful of losing her. Charlie may have stepped over the line big time in the way she handled Grant, but at least her actions were justified. I'm sure any mother would do the same thing to protect their child.

as far as I can see Charlie knows what she is getting into, she knew Brax was not a good boy when she got into bed with him (So to speak) she could have walked away from him, and still could if she wanted, but she has chose to stay with him. I like Anglo but he is no sait either, he did kill Jack and cover it up, and let Hugo go, yes what Heath did to Anglo was horrible and Brax was not in the least bit upset, but even now Anglo is holding back info from the cops, apart from being very silly that is also agaist the law to withhold info.

I think Brax is going to be a very intresting addition to the cast f the show, you need a bad boy to make the good guy look better.