Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

I do think John that even the keenest Braxton fan would have to admit that there is some truth to lotb's assertion that tptb are dragging every last ounce of value they can out of Brax's popularity. This exit story is becoming so ridiculously dragged out, that it is painful. Especially when compared to how most are treated. Andrew Morely's sudden exit being a classic example.

Apparently they are going to drip feed Brax scenes for as long as they possibly can.

It does feel like there is a hint of desperation in this. The producers have invested so much in this character. And I personally believe that has come at the cost of developing other characters. I guess the next few months will show if the show will continue on strong without him. Or if the assertion that Home and Away was turned into nothing more than the Braxton Show will be proven correct.

I agree with the part in bold. I am a fan of the River Boys as a "band of brothers" and what they brought to the show. As far as I am concerned that era ended with the death of Casey and the departure of Heath. What is going on now with Brax doesn't interest me.

The part not in bold I don't agree with.

I think the show is in a transition similar to what happens after any iconic character or group of characters leaves. Aden and Belle, Shane and Angel, etc It's happened many times before. My interest is in how this transition is handled and where they transition to. My concern John is that they're just moving straight into Braxtons 2.1.

The Barrets, Ash, Kyle and Ricky are just carrying on with the same old, same old that we've had since the day the Braxtons arrived. They've even resurrected the River Boys who had effectively vanished for the last year or so. I don't see transition myself, I see a desperate attempt to hang on to something that's time is over.

Originally the Braxton formula worked largely because of great chemistry between the original brothers. But most of all it was the sheer talent of Steve that carried the whole thing.

However he has gone and it will not work without him.

That was the point I was trying to make John.

Unfortunately I don't believe Lucy will accept this.

Alas 'The Sons of Hypocrisy' lives on

Damn where's that remote.

Edited by kmp1963

It's all a matter of a time and a place. The Braxton takeover was most welcome in late 2012 when Adam was on the show due to how powerful and well written the storylines were. However, it is 2015 now, and it is time to move on. I don't understand why there had to be another "Brax in jail" storyline at the moment.

• Like 1

I understand why Brax is back in jail for his exit I always thought when the Braxtons exits came around that there would have been one of the brothers with a happy ending one of them would die and the other in prison, and lets face it Brax was always going to be the one who ended up in prison.

I think the probelm is though nobody really cares about the reason Brax is there. Going down for the murder of a character that none of us really cared about and was only ever in the show for like one episode.

Brax having meet random people like Ash who is said to be his best mate but never mentioned untill he came looking for Billie.

Brax thinking he killed Johnny for years but he had seemed to forget about has only helped Brax turn laughable. which is a shame because when the Braxton characters stories seemed as if they had had some forward planning and plot devlopment they were great. But in their final time stories have seemed to have been thrown together last minute

• Like 3

It does seem one here there seems to be a Braxton Lovers vs Braxton Dislikers/Haters. They would be a lot better if they were written better and had not taken over the show like they did.

I think they were always going to cause polarised views because they have been such a big part of the show. I quite liked the Braxtons when they first arrived, and the tension they created. The problem was in trying to normalise the Braxton's past and behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

While Brax is a criminal, I would not call him evil, a psychopath. He is always there for his family. I dont say he is misunderstood but is not a totally one dimensional villain, he does care for his family. Same goes for Casey and Heath and Kyle. There are only a few H&A villains that can be seen as psychopaths. Perez, Ailsa's attacker.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad he has left the show. His exit was rubbish and I can't believe he is that selfish to let Ricky think that Brax is dead. Horrendous act from Brax. I only liked him with Charlie but that's because Brax was tolerable with Charlie, not that I liked them together.

Good riddance Brax and please don't ever come back. He won't be missed by me and hopefully they will now focus on other characters more. Sally was Home and Away but Home and Away survived when she left the show. So the show will be fine after Brax's exit.

• Like 1

I'm glad he has left the show. His exit was rubbish and I can't believe he is that selfish to let Ricky think that Brax is dead. Horrendous act from Brax. I only liked him with Charlie but that's because Brax was tolerable with Charlie, not that I liked them together.

Good riddance Brax and please don't ever come back. He won't be missed by me and hopefully they will now focus on other characters more. Sally was Home and Away but Home and Away survived when she left the show. So the show will be fine after Brax's exit.

​Considering the latest wave of unbearable newcomers (Hannah, Phoebe, Nate, Billie, Evie etc), Brax's exit is the last thing we need.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Brax has left. In my country somewhere in Europe, we still have Casey and Heath on the show, although I think they are about to leave soon. It is clear that the Braxtons era must end one day, but I think the Braxton brothers have been a very interesting ensemble of characters. The newcomers and their storylines that I have seen are quite boring to be honest. I understand it is not easy to be innovative after 25 or more years, is it.