Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

The fact that he works at the shelter does indicate that he has some good aspects to his personality but his criminal side IMO is too dominant for the good aspects to be noticed, Brax is as I have said before a very good liar, he seems to have people wrapped around his little finger but Angelo and Morag seem to be onto him and I so really hope that Brax gets his comeuppance because you cant expect to get away with so much criminal activity forever, there has to come a time when you pay for your actions. Consequences do exist. The only redeeming thing about Brax is the fact that he really wants Casey to do well. I had my doubts before about that but I really do think that he has his best interests at heart.

The fact that he works at the shelter does indicate that he has some good aspects to his personality but his criminal side IMO is too dominant for the good aspects to be noticed, Brax is as I have said before a very good liar, he seems to have people wrapped around his little finger but Angelo and Morag seem to be onto him and I so really hope that Brax gets his comeuppance because you cant expect to get away with so much criminal activity forever, there has to come a time when you pay for your actions. Consequences do exist. The only redeeming thing about Brax is the fact that he really wants Casey to do well. I had my doubts before about that but I really do think that he has his best interests at heart.

That is pretty much a good summary of Brax. I haven't watched Home & Away that long and know where near as long as everyone else on this forum, so I don't know much about the character. But from what I seen so far, he engaging in too much criminal activity, but sometimes I think there must be a good Brax somewhere. I think may be he does truly love Charlie but Charlie needs to be careful of Brax's bad side because he can be very manipulative and tries to make a very convincing lair.

That is pretty much a good summary of Brax. I haven't watched Home & Away that long and know where near as long as everyone else on this forum, so I don't know much about the character. But from what I seen so far, he engaging in too much criminal activity, but sometimes I think there must be a good Brax somewhere. I think may be he does truly love Charlie but Charlie needs to be careful of Brax's bad side because he can be very manipulative and tries to make a very convincing lair.

I agree I think Charlie is setting herself up for a fall and it wont be pretty when it does happen because I cant see her not waking up to how Brax really is. He is manipulative but I do believe that he is actually falling for Charlie.

I've just been looking over some old episodes and I couldn't help make a connection between Johnny & Rocco Cooper and The Braxtons!

I think Brax and Heath are like Johnny Cooper in one and Rocco is like Casey!

Johnny was bad, really bad, that's why I think he's Brax and Heath combined! Neither, I hope, are that bad individually but together, they would be really bad!

And then there's Casey who is looking for a way out, just like Rocco was!

I just hope The Braxtons don't meet the same miserable end as Johnny and Rocco did!

I think there is more to Brax also and with Charlie by his side im sure we will see him turn his back on the riverboys and focus on Caey and her.

He has a past by who does not, but he is trying to have a good future. Im not excusing anything illegal he has done or what he may involved in, but im hoping everything that has happened in the past two weeks with Heath and the drugs has woken him up.

Smarten up, stop doing illegal things or u'll loose everything, and imsure Casey will turn his back on him also.

Hope we see a new Brax now.

Hanging for Teegan to arrive. Chax will stand united im sure :)

The worrying thing for me about Brax is the fact that there are two completely different sides to him. One is a lot more dominant than the other and it's a side to him I don't like and it's the side of him that makes me believe he will never be good enough for Charlie if he doesn't learn to get it under control.

There's the side of him that wants to provide for his family and set Casey on the right path and keep Heath out of truble. There's the part of him that he probably found unexpectedly falling for Charlie. This side of Brax show the caring side of him.

But then there's this dangerous side to him that really is a nasty piece of work. He lies and manipulates his way out of trouble. He uses violent or questionable tactics to deal with people who could rumble his game. He displayed a thuggish side to himself when he slapped Heath around for undermining him. He shows little remoarse for the schemes and tactics he uses and he walks over whoever he has to get what he wants.

Brax does have a good side deep down, but the problem is, is that Brax has told one too many lies. And the problem with lying is, when you tell one lie, you have to back it up with another, and another, and another and so on. However, there's only so many lies a person can spin before it all comes crashing down. And the longer Brax's insists on lying, the worse it will be for him when it all comes undone.

Charlie gets annoyed when she finds out that Ruby has told her one lie. Imagine how unhappy she'll be when she finds out that Brax has been continuously lying to her for months, and eventually she will. I'm sorry but if she goes running straight back to him after finding all that out, she really is as stupid as Brax is making her out to be.

I love when we get to see the caring side of Brax. Just watched a clip with him and Elijah at Angelos and it reminded me of the softy he has. I cannot wait to see more of that. I am glad that the fundraiser might be at Angelos. I think that will be awesome.

I think possibly the most disturbing thing about Brax is that he doesn't have two personalities. He has two...lives, for want of a better word.If you look at Heath, he behaves in a different manner when he's trying to charm Bianca as he does when he's threatening people, different tone of voice, different expression, different body language.But Brax always seems to talk in that same casual, softly spoken manner whether he's with Charlie or with the River Boys, which gives the impression that he's not putting on an act for anyone, he's just capable of forgetting about one part of his life while he's living the other part, much as he's encouraged Charlie to do.

The comparison with the Coopers, which I initially rejected, does seem more pertinent now we've seen the River Boys' true colours and know they are a criminal gang rather than just a bunch of boisterous layabouts.The key difference seems to be that Johnny was determined to involve Rocco in his crimes, whether he wanted to be involved or not, whereas Brax seems to want to keep Casey away from it all.I can still see it ending badly for them(probably not death but still badly)but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The worrying thing for me about Brax is the fact that there are two completely different sides to him. One is a lot more dominant than the other and it's a side to him I don't like and it's the side of him that makes me believe he will never be good enough for Charlie if he doesn't learn to get it under control.

There's the side of him that wants to provide for his family and set Casey on the right path and keep Heath out of truble. There's the part of him that he probably found unexpectedly falling for Charlie. This side of Brax show the caring side of him.

But then there's this dangerous side to him that really is a nasty piece of work. He lies and manipulates his way out of trouble. He uses violent or questionable tactics to deal with people who could rumble his game. He displayed a thuggish side to himself when he slapped Heath around for undermining him. He shows little remoarse for the schemes and tactics he uses and he walks over whoever he has to get what he wants.

Brax does have a good side deep down, but the problem is, is that Brax has told one too many lies. And the problem with lying is, when you tell one lie, you have to back it up with another, and another, and another and so on. However, there's only so many lies a person can spin before it all comes crashing down. And the longer Brax's insists on lying, the worse it will be for him when it all comes undone.

Charlie gets annoyed when she finds out that Ruby has told her one lie. Imagine how unhappy she'll be when she finds out that Brax has been continuously lying to her for months, and eventually she will. I'm sorry but if she goes running straight back to him after finding all that out, she really is as stupid as Brax is making her out to be.

I wholeheartedly agree with your entire assesment!

How Brax can tell so many lies to Charlie is unbelievable and I reckon half the time he thinks that he's doing the for the right reason!

He probably justifies his lying because he's saving the RB's from getting caught by Charlie, and I reckon a part of him keeps lying to Charlie, saying he wasn't involved in anything because he knows she would end their relationship on the spot if he did!

That's why I think he lies so much but in no way am I justifying his actions!

I think possibly the most disturbing thing about Brax is that he doesn't have two personalities. He has two...lives, for want of a better word.If you look at Heath, he behaves in a different manner when he's trying to charm Bianca as he does when he's threatening people, different tone of voice, different expression, different body language.But Brax always seems to talk in that same casual, softly spoken manner whether he's with Charlie or with the River Boys, which gives the impression that he's not putting on an act for anyone, he's just capable of forgetting about one part of his life while he's living the other part, much as he's encouraged Charlie to do.

The comparison with the Coopers, which I initially rejected, does seem more pertinent now we've seen the River Boys' true colours and know they are a criminal gang rather than just a bunch of boisterous layabouts.The key difference seems to be that Johnny was determined to involve Rocco in his crimes, whether he wanted to be involved or not, whereas Brax seems to want to keep Casey away from it all.I can still see it ending badly for them(probably not death but still badly)but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also like your assesement of Brax, RR1.

I think this is again where Brax has convinced himself that what's he doing is ok because it's necessary!

"I do what I do for family"

He most likely acts the same with everybody to keep up that act that he's in control and that no-one should question his authority!

I do think though that he seems more relaxed with Charlie, that he doesn't feel he has to appear tough or the boss around her as much, but that he is still in control!

You could see that when he cleverly changed the direction of their conversation in the last episode!

She implied that it must of cost him a lot to buy Angelo out, he flashed his heartmelting smile at her and swiftly changed the subject to her detective's exam!

Brax is always in control, no matter what the situation, apart from that time when Brodie was threatening him maybe!

I wish we could see more times of when Brax loses control just to see how it affects him, his reaction to it etc.

Not sure what the outcome will be for Brax!

I just hope that whatever it is Steve remains on the show for us to see it!

Edited by LauraPhilly!!

So today Brax said some annoying things lol. ehh I still love him! Can't help it

So he doesn't want Casey involved in "this life" and admits to not wanting this life either. So the question begs "Why is he doing this??" He has a few more years to go and bags to get rid of first?!? hahaha someone help.. what does this mean.

Brax is smart - there is a reason he is doing this. Can it really be for only money? Doesn't add up. He seems to throw money around when it is needed but isn't as flash as he could be considering! And on a random side note the helping at the shelter Im guessing is with money not physically there lol...handing out soup etc. That would be a strange sight I think haha

-Charlie described him once as a modern day Robin Hood. hmm steals from the rich to give to the poor. Not good enough explanation though imo.

He has a few more years left?? ha sounds like he has a contract! Why so specific... mind is boggling :huh:

Bags are they drugs? or does he mean something like baggage? Is this aussie slang? Maybe some bad boy on the forum can help/save us with the RB lingo. :blink:

And boy he is in the bad books right now with Charlie. He is a bloke and a strong one at that. It didn't surprise me that the kids surfing there wouldn't bother him but let's hope we see a different side tomorrow when he sees the consequences of being so blase about it all. Think he should have been a little worried for the girls at least?! I can forgive him for this school-boy error.

Also mentioned that Charlie wasn't talking to him up until that phone conversation. So they haven't made up. Why did Elijah mention he wasn't at the restaurant in yesterday's epi. And also one other time he said he was busy to Charlie, the night before the marijuana crop incident. Seems they are throwing it in a few times that he is busy somewhere else doing something else. Don't think he is off to the grocery store for some reason lol. Just throwing it out there!

haha this post contains a tonne of questions! Had to put them down to prevent myself going crazy.

Fave line to Casey: "Trust me? Just don't give up on yourself, that is all I'm asking"

aww reckon Brax gave up on himself when he was Casey's age! Im a sucker - I completely trust him :P

<3 BRAX!