Life Goes ON

SammyF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to you both for commenting! They mean the world :wub:

CHAPTER FIVE

“I’m sorry. Okay? I mean that, I’m sorry that I hurt you,” Kyle started off.

Cece shook her head, “You didn’t.”

Kyle shook his head, he may not have seen her for years but he still knew her, “I did. And I’m sorry.”

Cece didn’t say anything.

“I made a lot of mistakes after I left and maybe the biggest one was leaving in the first place. I hurt a lot of people that I loved,” Kyle told her, redirecting his gaze towards the ocean.

“Phoebe?” Cece asked quietly.

“Yeah, and you and Deliah and Graham,” Kyle spoke of their previous foster parents.

Cece winced at their names, “Do you know?”

“Know what?”

Cece looked at Kyle, confusion written over his face, “There was an accident after you left.”

“An accident?”

“A car spun out when we were driving. Deliah, she died and Graham’s in a wheelchair.” Cece recalled.

“What?”

“Kyle. I asked for them to let you know. Graham called you over and over but eventually I got moved and-” Cece continued until Kyle cut her off.

“Cece, it’s not your fault. I left and I made it impossible for anyone to find me” Kyle told her, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you all.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore right?” Cece blinked back a tear, “It was years ago. Graham’s doing really well now, we still email occasionally.”

Kyle nodded, “So, you’re in Summer Bay now?”

Cece raised her eyebrows as she nodded, “Yeah, so are you?”

Kyle laughed, “This is how we’re playing it?” Cece nodded, “Long story short, my brothers they live, lived here. Where are you living?”

“With Irene. Where are your brothers now,” Cece continued their game of 20 questions.

Kyle paused, unsure of how to explain his family situation, “Heath’s in the city and Casey, who’s not actually as it turns out my brother, he got shot and my eldest brother’s in jail.”

Cece’s mouth fell open, “I’m sorry, what? Your brother’s in jail?”

Kyle quickly jumped in to Brax’s defence, “He was set up. But Luce, you have to know that I’ve done some dodgy stuff.”

“What kind of dodgy stuff?” Cece asked, nervously waiting for his reply.

“Kidnapping, robbery, assault. I’ve done jail time and I’m probation.”

Kyle watched as shock washed over Cece’s face.

“I think that I should go,” Cece stood up, beginning to walk away she stopped when Kyle desperately called her name.

“Cece.”

She turned around to face him, “I’m sorry okay, but it’s in the past and I’m not that guy anymore.”

Cece nodded. “Maybe we could get lunch sometime?”

Kyle nodded, “I’d like that,” grinning at her.

“Today?”

Kyle nodded, “Angelos? The restraunat above the surf club? At one?”

Cece smiled, “I’ll see you then.”

Kyle nodded and watched as she walked back towards the diner. Glad that Cece was willing to talk to him, she’d always been a forgiving person and right now he’d never been more thankful for that.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Walking into the diner Cece noticed there was 2 teenagers and an elder man.

“Hey,” Cece said to Irene as she slipped into the seat next to Irene.

Irene smiled and waved the two teenagers over to them, “Cece this is Leah’s son VJ and Jett is Marilyn and John’s son. They’re in grade 11 at Summer Bay High.”

“Hey,” Cece greeted them with a small wave.

“Are you in grade 11? When are you starting at school?” The shorter of the two boys asked.

“Tomorrow I believe and yeah grade 11.” Cece looked towards Irene who nodded, confirming she was starting tomorrow.

“Cool, well maybe we could meet up and walk with you?” VJ suggested.

Cece nodded, “Sounds good.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Jett looked at VJ who still had a big dopey grin on his face. “Dude, if your smile any longer, your face is going to break.”

VJ stopped in his tracks, “What?”

Jett laughed and continued walking, “You haven’t stopped smiling for like an hour and I know why.”

VJ shook his head, “I’m not smiling,” but his facial expression didn’t change.

“You like Cece, I know you do.” Jett said knowingly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jett shook his head at VJ’s denial. The two boys continued to walk along the beach in silence for a few minutes before VJ broke the silence.

“She is like mega-hot though right?”

Jett cheered loudly, “I knew it!”

“Shut-up man.  She is, okay? You can’t deny it either.”

Jett laughed, he wouldn’t deny that the girl they’d met just before was attractive but he had a girlfriend and from the sounds of it, VJ already had his eye on her.

“Just don’t say anything, to anyone!” VJ mentioned before jogging off up the sand bank.

Jett laughed, even while making his up the beach VJ had a grin on his face. His best friend had it bad.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I just feel like we shouldn’t be letting her go to Angelos Irene. The Braxton’s are bad news and Cece shouldn’t be getting involved with them.” Chris told Irene as he sat at the dining table.

“Chris, who Cece is and isn’t friends with is none of your business and she and Kyle Braxton have a history that neither of us are going to interfere with.” Irene snapped at him, tired of listening to him try and convince her to forbid Cece from leaving the house.

“Fine Irene. Do what you want, but don’t come crying to me when the Braxton’s rope Cece into shady stuff.”

Irene sighed, “Chris I thought you Kyle got along fine, he seems like decent young man to me.”

“Yeah, the two of us are cool but that doesn’t mean I’m okay with what’s going on here.”

Irene slammed down a pot, “Christopher! What on earth are you talking about? What for heaven’s sake are you talking about?”

“Just never mind Irene!” Chris said as Cece came down the stairs.

“Hey, so I’m gonna head now and I’ll see you both later?”

Irene nodded and smiled, “Have fun darl.”

“Don’t stay out too late, young lady!” Chris called after her as she left.

Irene muttered under breath as she flicked him over the head.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Evie what’s going on?” Josh asked as soon as his girlfriend sat down.

Deciding playing dumb wasn’t going to work she sighed, “I don’t know, okay?”

“What do you mean you don’t know? You’ve been snapping at everything I say for the past few days and you just keep starting fights over literally nothing.”

Evie squinted her eyes at him, “I just…I just feel like we’ve been going in separate directions lately and I don’t know how to stop it, alright?”

Josh screwed up his face, “Separate directions? What, Evie?”

Evie stood up, suddenly furious, “It’s just how I feel okay!”

Josh, still confused watched as Evie then stormed out of Angelos, passing Kyle on her way out.

“What was that about?” Kyle asked coming over to Josh.

“I have no idea. She’s just been freaking out over nothing lately and having the craziest mood swings."

Kyle chuckled and grinned.  

“What?” Josh asked confused.

“You have really no idea why she could be acting like that?” Still grinning Kyle asked.

Josh shook his head.

Kyle smirked and began to make his way to bar.

“Kyle!” Josh begged his housemate for answers.

Kyle turned around, “Dude she’s probably just dealing with lady issues.”

Josh frowned, “Lady issues”

Kyle watched as Josh’s face went from confusion to realisation, “If I were you, I’d go see her and take chocolate.”

Josh nodded at Kyle’s suggestion, “Thanks man.”

Kyle laughed as Josh made his way out of the restraunat, he suddenly became aware of Cece standing in the entrance. Waving her over, he smiled as she reached him.

Sorry it's a tad short, I spilt this chapter in half (chapter 7.) 

Chapter Six

After spending a good hour catching up Kyle and Cece found themselves without anything to talk about.

Cece paused, unsure about whether or not to ask the question she really wanted the answer to, “So Phoebe’s here.”

Kyle looked at her surprised, nodding his head, “She is.”

Cece smirked, “You have nothing else to say about that?”

“Nope.” Kyle grinned. Cece glared at him, prompting him to continue, “I live in Summer Bay. She lives in Summer Bay, there’s not much more to it.”

Raising an eyebrow Cece asked, “You’re not together?”

Kyle shook his head. Cece frowned, something wasn’t adding up. Back in Melbourne before Kyle left, Kyle and Phoebe were attached at the hip, it used to drive her insane, but now they were able to live in a small town as just acquaintances? Cece knew she was missing something.

“Do you see much of each other?” She asked.

Kyle sighed, “It’s a small town Lucy.”

Deciding to give up pestering him for now Cece changed the subject, “Why do you still call me that?”

“Luce? It’s what you always insisted I call you, back then.”

Cece sighed, “Yeah exactly, back then Kyle. I was like 10. You can call me Cece now, okay?”

Kyle shook his head, “Nope, you’ll always be Lucy.”

Cece smiled lightly and shook her head, “How long have you been living here?”

“Almost 3 years.”

“And do you have a lovely, kind girlfriend for me to meet?” Kyle shook his head and Cece grinned, “She’s not lovely and kind? Or you don’t have a girlfriend?”

Kyle sighed, he could read her like a book and knew that she was asking in relation to Phoebe, “The latter.”

“Well we’ll have to work on that, won’t we?” Cece grinned.

“Cece, don’t. Okay? I’ve got a lot on my plate already.”

Cece shook her head, “Don’t worry Kyle, I’m sure Chris will be of great help to me while-”

“Chris?” Kyle interrupted, “You have met him right?”

“Of course, I have. I live with him, he’s great.”

“I give you a week, he’ll be driving you nuts soon.”

Cece shook her head grinning. “So what’s on your plate?”

Kyle looked down at his plate confused, “What?”

“No, before you said that you had a lot on your plate. What’s on it?”

“Just stuff,” Kyle told her. He really didn’t want to get into everything going on in his life at the moment.

“Kyle, really?” Cece exhaled, “What kind of stuff?” 

Reluctantly Kyle began trying to explain, “Well my brother’s in jail for a start, and his girlfriends a mess, understandably. She also just had a baby, my nephew. Ash’s sister is causing trouble. I’m trying to run two businesses and on top of that-” Kyle stopped suddenly.

“What’s on top?” Cece asked quietly. Kyle didn’t say anything. “Me?”

Again Kyle was silent. “Well I’m sorry I came at such an inconvenient time.”

Kyle shook his head, “It’s not that. I’m really happy you’re here. Like I said, just a lot on my plate.”

“Why don’t you get rid of it then?” Cece suggested.

“What? I’m really not sure that’s possible Luce.”

Cece shook her head, “Your brother’s in jail for something he didn’t do right?” Kyle nodded. “Do you know who did it?” Again, Kyle nodded. “Then why not get proof from them that they did it?”

“You don’t think we’ve tried that?” Kyle snapped.

“Sorry” Cece said quietly.

Kyle felt bad for yelling at her as he watched her face fall, “Sorry, it’s just my brother and his mate Ash. They went and tried him to confess already.”

“But your brother’s in jail now? The guy technically in the clear right?”

“I suppose.” Kyle told her, his mind still thinking about it, “Actually you’re right! I have to go, uh I’ll drive you back to Irene’s?”

Cece nodded and stood up and followed Kyle, who rushed out the doors to Angelos.

Sitting in the car, it was clear to Cece that Kyle was anxious. The noise of him tapping the steering wheel filled the otherwise silent drive to Irene’s. Pulling up Kyle turned the engine off and looked at Cece, “I’ll see you soon okay? I’ve just got some stuff to sort out.”

"What kind of stuff?” Cece asked concerned.

“Just stuff okay?” Cece nodded and gave him a small hug before getting out of the ute and heading inside the house.

………………………………………………………………….

“Evie? Are you home?” Josh called out as he walked into the farm house. In his hands he held the block of chocolate that Kyle suggested, a few rom-coms that he’d gotten from Maddy and a piece of mud cake from the diner.

Evie’s bedroom door opened slowly and Evie moved to stand in the doorway, “Hey.”

“Hey. I bought gifts,” Josh told her, nodding down to where he was holding everything.

Evie smiled softly, “Sorry for flying off the rails before.”

“It’s okay, I get it.” Josh told her while he placed down the cake, chocolate and dvds.

“And I’ll apologise to Cece? Is that her name?”

Josh nodded, “I think you should. But tomorrow? I’ve ransacked Maddy’s rom-com collection. Should we watch them in the living room?”

Evie shook her head, “Andy and Hannah will be home soon. Let’s watch them in my room.”

…………………………………………………………………….

“I’m back,” Cece called out as she walked through the kitchen. Chris came racing out of his bedroom and Irene looked up at the sound of her voice.

“Hey love, how was lunch?” Irene asked from the couch.

“It was nice to catch up with him. He seems different but not a horribly bad different…just different.” Cece trailed off, more talking to herself than either of the two people looking at her.

“Well Leah’s invited us around for tea tonight, I said we’d all go. Chris you as well,” Irene told them both.

Cece nodded and looked towards Chris who was being weirdly quiet, “Yeah sure Irene. What time?”

“6 o’clock.”

Chris nodded before mumbling something and walking out of the house.

Irene and Cece frowned, “What was that about?” Cece asked.

“I have no idea,” Irene said as she watched Chris’s figure walk past the window.

“Well I might go catch up with him, we’ll be back here for 5:30?” Cece grabbed her phone and followed Chris.

…………………………………………………………………..

“Ash, Ash! Open up, it’s important.” Kyle knocked on Ash’s caravan door.

“Where’s the fire?” Kyle heard Ash’s voice from behind him. Turning around he saw Billie and Ash both standing with their surfboards.

“It’s Brax. He can’t be locked up for murder, he didn’t do it. Sam did.” Kyle spoke quickly.

Ash nodded, “Mate, there’s not much we can do now. We’ve exhausted all our options.”

Kyle shook his head, “I’m going to go find Sam, get a confession on tape and hand it in. Brax is in jail, Sam’s technically safe, as far as he’s aware.”

Ash was quiet for a minute, “Do you really think it’ll work?”

Kyle nodded, “It’s got to do something.”

“I’ll come with you,” Ash told him.

"Won’t Sam be a little suspicious if you both just rock up?” Billie interjected.

Both males looked at her, “She’s got a point.” Ash admitted.

“Why don’t I go? By myself and see what I can get?” Billie offered.

“No. No way, are you going by yourself.” Ash shook his head.

“It’s a good idea though.” Kyle said, receiving a glare from Ash. “She’s right, if we turn up. He’ll know something’s going on.”

“I’ll go with you. I’ll stay off the radar and no-one but you will no-one I’m there.” Ash decided.

Billie nodded, “When should we go?”

“Tonight, this needs to done as soon as possible.”

Kyle frowned, “Are you two sure about this?”

Ash nodded, “”It’s my fault Brax’s is in the slammer, I’ll get him out.” 

Thanks for the reviews and I'll update soon xx

Great chapter

Cece seemed a bit suspicious about Phoebe not being Kyle's girlfriend 

I hope there plan to get Brax out of jail works.

glad Josh forgave Evie for her mood swing.

I look forward to more.

Update again soon :)

Thanks for reviewing Romeo&Indi Forever (could I just ask what meant about Kyle's girlfriend being Ricky?) 

Chapter Seven

“What was that about?” Cece asked as she caught up to Chris.

“What was what about?” Chris played dumb.

“Back at the house, you were being weird.”

“I just don’t get why you would want to hang out with Kyle so much, he’s a Braxton.” Chris told her.

“He’s a Braxton? So that means I shouldn’t be talking to him? What?” Cece asked confused.

“No. It’s just Braxton’s are bad news. You know, all of them have been jail, I just don’t think you should be around that.” Chris tried to explain.

“Yeah, they have but I’m not going to hold anyone’s past against them, we’ve all made mistakes.” Cece told him.

Chris sighed, “Yeah but there are better people for you to have in your life.”

Cece wasn’t normally an angry person but Cece could feel a rant coming, “Like who Chris? Because Kyle’s been like a big brother to me since I was 6 years old and yeah okay, **** happened and we lost touch but talking to him again, it’s been so great. I won’t lose that, not for you or anyone, so I’m sorry if you and Kyle have problems with each other but there’s not much that I can do about it.”

Cece paused for a moment, “I’ve been in foster care since my mother died.  Okay, I was 6 years old and my mother had already died, that’s enough sadness and negativity to last anyone a life-time, so I don’t need any more in my life alright? I love happiness and smiling and I’m going to make as much of everything around me as I can, beautiful and that will be, and is, my life.”

Chris was silent when Cece finished talking, “Sorry,” She said quietly.

“I’m sorry. I was just annoyed because you’ve been hanging out with Kyle instead of me,” Chris told her.

She frowned, “I haven’t even been here a week yet Chris.”

“I know, okay I was just jealous. I’m sorry, let me buy you a juice to apologise?”

Cece nodded, “Alright. But you have to answer this question first, just because I’m curious and forgot to ask Kyle.”

Chris nodded and led her in the direction of the surf club.

“Kyle said he was running two businesses, what does he do?”

Chris frowned. He wasn’t aware of Kyle doing anything other than running Angelos and Brax owned that. “Well he’s the manager of Angelos, and I guess he’s just been under the pump with Brax being gone.”

Cece nodded.

“Actually I’ve seen him in the office at the gym lately, so I guess that’s the second one.”

Cece raised an eyebrow, “You go to the gym?”

Chris scoffed, “Of course. You don’t look as good as the Chris-myster without a little bit of hard work.

…………………………………………………………………….. 

Irene walked into the diner, seeing Ricky watching her son sleep in the pram. “Hello love, how’s the little one?”

Ricky looked up, smiling slightly, “Asleep thankfully. Could I get a coffee thanks?”

“Sure thing, I’ll bring it over in a tick.”

Ricky nodded her thanks before returning to look at her son, even asleep he looked so much like Brax it made her heart hurt.

“You know love, if you ever need a break I would be happy to watch him.” Irene offered.

Ricky looked up again at Irene, “Thank you, but that won’t be necessary. I’m doing okay.”

“No you’re not. Do you know how I know?” Irene told her, “I put your coffee down in front of you a good three minutes ago and have been standing here, you’ve only just noticed now.”

“Irene, honestly. Kyle always around if I need a hand,” Ricky told her.

“And sometimes Kyle might need a break as well. The situation you’re all in is beyond stressful and the offer’s there. If you need it.” Irene told her softly.

“Sorry to overhear but love, Irene’s right. The entire bay’s here to support your family, if any of you need it. Why don’t you leave the young one with Irene and take some time to yourself.” Alf spoke as he came over to the table Ricky was sitting at.

Ricky looked at Irene who smiled, “Are you sure?”

Irene nodded, “Of course love, would you like me to watch him now?”

Ricky looked at her sleeping son, “That would be great Irene, I might go for a quick surf.”

“Take your time, I’ll bring him to my house and whenever you’re ready come pick him up?” Irene told her.

……………………………………………………………………

“Oh who do we have here?” Cece asked as she noticed a baby lying in a pram near the sofa.

Chris followed Cece and peeked into the pram, “Is this Casey?” He asked.

Irene nodded, “I thought I’d give Ricky a break for the afternoon. He’s been a breeze though, hasn’t woken up for hours.”

Chris looked at the baby again before standing and stretching, “I’m going to go and shower, need to look my best for Leah’s tonight.”

Irene rolled her eyes as he left room.

“Did Chris say anything about why he was acting like he was?” Irene asked.

Cece glanced at Irene before looking back at the baby, “Yeah he was just a bit concerned about Kyle, that’s all.”

Irene sighed, “I told him to mind his own business. That boy never listens.”

“It’s fine Irene, we talked. Sort of. It’s all in the past.” Cece told her.

A small cry interrupted the two’s conversation, Casey having woken from his sleep and was obviously wanting their attention.

“Would you mind holding him while I fix him a bottle?” Irene asked walking towards the kitchen where Casey’s diaper bag was.

Cece smiled at the baby before slowly lifting him out and into her arms.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Knock, knock!” Came a female’s voice, prompting Cece to turn around to see a blonde standing in the doorway.

“Hey, are you Ricky?” She asked.

Ricky nodded, “Yeah, I am. Can I come in?”

Cece nodded, “Of course, sorry. I’m Cece.” Noticing Ricky looking around the living room she added, “Irene’s just popped into the shower.”

“Oh okay. Would you mind if I waited for her? I wanted to thank her for watching Casey,” Ricky looked into the pram where her son was sleeping.

Cece smiled, “He’s been an angel. At least for as long as I’ve been home. He even slept through Chris’s horrendous singing.”

“So you must be the Cece,” Ricky said exaggerating the end of her sentence. Cece looked at her, “The Cece?”

“Kyle’s spoken about you a bit.”

“Kyle?”

“Yeah. Sorry, I’m his brother’s girlfriend? Casey’s his nephew?” Cece face palmed herself.

“Of course. Sorry, bit of a mind blank there. Yep, I’m Cece.”

“How are you liking Summer Bay?” Ricky asked.

Cece nodded, “It’s a lovely town. The people here are lovely.”

“Well I know Kyle’s glad you’re here. He’s not been himself since he and Pheebs broke up, you knew Phoebe from Melbourne didn’t you?” Ricky asked, looking up to see Irene walking down the stairs.

Cece paused for a second, Kyle and Phoebe had broken up? That meant that they were together at some point? Kyle never said anything about that, why? “Yeah. I knew her. Bit of shock to see Kyle here, let alone her.”

Ricky nodded, “Yeah I’ll bet. Irene, hi. Thank you so much for watching Casey. I hope he wasn’t too much trouble.”

Irene shook her head, “He wasn’t at all. Anytime you need someone to watch him, give me a call, alright?”

Ricky nodded, “I really appreciate that. Well I better get this little man home, it was nice to meet you Cece. Thanks again Irene.”

Cece watched the new mother leave in silence. Her mind still reeling from Ricky’s comment about Kyle and Phoebe. Irene watched the teenager stare into space before softly asking if she was okay.

When the teenager didn’t respond she sat down next to her, “Love. Are you alright?”

Cece jumped at the sound of her voice, “Sorry?”

“Are you okay Cece?”

Cece nodded and stood up, “Yeah of course. I’ll go get ready for dinner?”

Irene nodded and watched the blonde bound up the staircase..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"So I met Cece today,” Ricky said as she walked into the main house. Kyle was sitting on the couch sipping a beer.

Kyle looked up, “Yeah?”

Ricky nodded, “Friendly girl.” Kyle nodded.

“Come on Kyle, what’s going on? You haven’t had an actual conversation with me since Casey was born.” Ricky placed the baby monitor on the coffee table.

“What’s there to say?” Kyle asked.

“I don’t know but there has to be something you’d like to add,” Kyle shook his head.

“Fine. Where’s Josh and Billie?” Ricky asked.

“Josh’s at Evie I think and Billie went away with Ash.” Kyle diverted his eyes away from her when he spoke about Billie and Ash.

“Where’d they go?” Ricky asked. Kyle shrugged.

“Dunno. But it means I have the house to myself, so if you want me to take Casey for the night?” Ricky shook her head.

“Thanks mate but he seems to be settled for the night and I’ve already had a break. Irene was kind enough to babysit for a few hours.”

“Maybe you should go and get some sleep then, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Ricky nodded and left the house. Kyle watched her leave before pulling out his phone and checking his messages from Ash.

…………………………………………………………………………………….....................................................

“So I’ll keep off the radar and you’ll just keep going in each night, until we get something solid. Don’t bring up Dean unless you really have too okay?” Ash told her nervously as they drove. They’d been driving for a few hours and still had a while to go but they needed to figure out a plan.

“Yep. I know. We should have the confession by the end of the week right? I don’t want to spend much time in that town.” Billie told him.

“A week at the longest, I was hoping it’d be a matter of hours.”

Billie shook her head, “He’s not just going to outright tell me he murdered my ex-boyfriend.”

Ash nodded his head, Billie was right. It would take a bit more than what he thought to get Sam to admit to the crime.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Brax looked at the photos of his family’s smiling faces, he missed them. He regretted pleading ‘not-guilty’ more than anything in the world but there wasn’t much he could do about it now. Now there was only one thing he could do to keep them safe and that was to give Gunno up to the guards. It would mean he’d be out of Gunno’s reach and Kyle and Ash would stop doing dodgy runs. It would mean his family would be safe.

He ran his thumb over the photo of his newborn son, the child he wouldn’t see grow up and felt his heart ache. He wanted nothing more than to be on the outside but he wasn’t sure how to make that happen.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

In the previous chapter Kyle  Said his girlfriend has a kid thought you meant Ricky cause she has a kid In the show but after reading the latest chapter I realize it said my brothers girlfriend. Great chapter wonder what is up with Cece she got tense when Ricky mentioned Kyle and Phoebe broke up.

I look forward to more.

update again soon :)

Archived