Life Goes ON

SammyF

Great chapter

glad Kyle and Phoebe are back together hopefully it will last this time.

VJ just ask Cece out already.

I look forward to more 

Update again soon :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou to both of you for your reviews! 

Chapter Twelve

"Kyle, we got it." Kyle slammed his hand down on the table upon hearing Ash's words.

"Yes!"

"We're coming back now, should we head straight to the station or to your place?"

Kyle glanced toward Ricky's flat, "The station. I'm going to go let Ricky know now."

After hanging up the phone Kyle made his way into the flat, watching for a moment Ricky interact with Casey.

"Hey," he said quietly.

"Brax called." Ricky said, not looking at him. Their call had been short, he'd said that he wasn't even technically meant to be calling.

Kyle's eyebrows raised quickly, "He did?"

Ricky looked up a small sad smile on her face. "He's been transferred. Today."

Kyle froze, "What? Where?"

Ricky sighed, "A low-security prison. It's a few hours away." Kyle came around to the side of sofa and sat down.

"Ash and Billie, they went to see Sam." Ricky's eyes widened, "Why?"

"To get a confession." Kyle paused, a small grin appeared on his face. Brax was going to get out, he wouldn't be locked up for much longer. "Ricky, they got it. They're on their way back now."

"Why didn't you tell that's where they'd gone?" Ricky demanded. Kyle frowned, why wasn't Ricky happy about this?

"Ricky. We didn't want to get your hopes up. It might have been a dead end, but it wasn't. He'll be out as possible." Ricky nodded, taking in his words.

"Yeah," She allowed herself to smile. "Do you mind taking him for a while? I think I need to clear my head."

Kyle nodded and took the baby into his arms. Watching as she left, Kyle frowned. She was behaving weirdly, he'd have thought she'd be over the moon.

"How's your dad?" Cece asked Chris as she lay on the couch, her feet sprawled over his lap. Chris had told her previously about his father being sick.

Chris sighed, flicking through a magazine. "He's okay. He was out of hospital and at home, driving mum and Spencer crazy."

"So you get it from your dad then?" Cece said absently, continuing to file her nails.

"Hey!" Chris said, "You love me." Cece grinned in response.

A knock on the kitchen door stole their attention, Chris tipped his head back to see who it was while Cece who good clearly see Phoebe just stared.

Phoebe pursed her lips, "Hey."

Chris grinned and waved, "Pheebs! Hey."

Phoebe stepped inside the house, "Um. Cece could we talk?"

In all honesty Cece wanted to be say no. She really had no interest in speaking to Phoebe, ever. But she knew that if Phoebe and Kyle were back together then she'd probably have to speak to the former at some point. So she decided to be civil and nodded, motioning outside.

Cece crossed her arms over her chest, "What did you want?"

Phoebe sighed, "I know that we've never gotten along and that you really don't like me, and to be honest you used to annoy me but that was a long time ago and I don't know, maybe we've changed."

Cece didn't say anything, just glanced back at Chris through the window.

"Can we go for a walk?" Phoebe asked and took a few steps away from the house. She glanced back to see if Cece was going to follow, she did – reluctantly.

They walked in silence until they reached the beach when Phoebe spoke again. "I love Kyle."

Cece raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. "I know you might not believe that but I do. I love him more than I love anyone else."

"Yeah but Phoebe, more than anyone else? Kyle deserves more than that. He deserves so much more than…." She trailed off.

"Than me?" Cece nodded.

"But I get that right now, you make Kyle happy and that's all that I can want. But one day, someone better for him will come along, at the right time and I'm telling you now, that whoever she may be I will support because Kyle, he deserves the best." Cece told her.

Phoebe paused, "So you'll put up with me until someone you see as a better fit for Kyle comes along?"

Cece, "I'll be civil to you. I still don't like you."

Phoebe sighed, "That's the best I'm going to get for now isn't it?"

Cece nodded.

"What are you two talking about?" Cece jumped as she heard Kyle's voice come from behind her.

"Just planning your murder. Don't tell anyone though, we're trying to keep it on the down low." Phoebe grinned as Kyle wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her cheek.

Cece quickly made an excuse and left the two alone. Kyle grinned at Phoebe as they watched her make her way up the beach.

"What?"

Kyle shook his head, "Nothing, just my two favourite girls – talking. Not murdering each other."

Phoebe smiled at his words. She wasn't going to tell Kyle about Cece's opinion of her, she didn't want to ruin Kyle's relationship with Cece.

"Come on, we've got the house to ourselves." Kyle grinned and grabbed her hand, leading her up the beach.

"Oh do we?" Phoebe asked giddily.

"Yeah." Kyle smirked, "So I was thinking we could baby-proof the house. No-one's done it yet."

"Yeah, no. I think I might be able to convince you of a few things that would make better use of your time."

"Well I'm very open to persuasion." Kyle winked and the couple continued their way back to the empty house.

Kyle nibbled lightly at the warm skin on Phoebe's neck. Giggles escaped her lips as she struggled to unlock the front door, "Kyle. I can't…"

Her words were muted as the door finally opened and she turned in his arms, capturing his lips with her own. She felt herself being lifted off the ground as they made their way inside and smiled into the kiss.

"Ahem?" Ricky cleared her throat, causing the pair to separate rapidly. A blush rose to both of their cheeks as they looked her. She was sitting with her eyebrows raised, on the couch. Kat stood beside her, a sorrow expression on her face.

"I've been calling you," Ricky told him. Kyle frowned and pulled his phone from his front pocket, seeing it was on silent.

"We've received some information that you both need to hear," Kat started. "Kyle, you might like to sit down."

Kyle, slightly confused followed her instruction and sat at the table.

"It's a difficult situation, are you both comfortable with Phoebe hearing this?" Kat asked, looking apologetically at her friend.

Ricky nodded and Kyle grabbed her hand. "What's going on?"

"Darryl Braxton was being transferred, I've been informed that you were made aware of this?" She looked at Ricky who nodded for her to continue. "While in transition, the vehicle was run off the road."

"Oh my god. Is Brax okay?" Phoebe gasped.

"I'm sorry but one of the prison guards and Darryl haven't been found. We've had the dive crew searching all day and they will continue to do so but I have to warn you both. It's not looking good." Kat told them all sympathetically.

Kyle's face dropped, his mouth agape as he struggled to find words. Ricky sat deadly still, her face expressionless. Phoebe raised her hand to Kyle's shoulder, unsure of what to say.

"Dive crew?" Kyle asked quietly.

"The car plunged into a lake about 50km into the transition. I'm sorry." Kat explained. She looked at Phoebe, unsure about whether to stay or go.

"Thanks Kat. You'll let us know as soon as you hear anything?" Phoebe said quietly.

Kat nodded, "Of course. I'll be in contact. Again, I'm sorry."

Neither Ricky or Kyle acknowledged her leaving, instead they both remained silent. Ricky was the first to show any sign of movement. "Phoebe do you think you could watch Casey for a bit?"

Phoebe nodded quickly, "Of course. Whatever you need."

Ricky nodded and stood up, "He's asleep in the flat. The monitors, just there." She motioned lazily towards the baby monitor on top of a pile of dvds.

Ricky rushed out of the apartment, leaving Kyle and Phoebe alone. "Kyle," She said softly.

Kyle snapped out of his trance, "I have to go call the boys." He stood up.

"What Kyle?" Phoebe frowned.

"We've got to get out there, looking for him." Kyle made his way out of the living room.

Phoebe followed him towards his bedroom, "Kyle. A police car doesn't just get run off the road. Someone's did it intentionally, and they could be waiting for you too."

Kyle looked at her as he grabbed a bag, "He's my brother and he's out there. I'm going to look for him."

Phoebe watched with concern as he filled his bag with things he might need. "But you promised Brax."

Kyle looked at her confused. "You promised Brax that you would look after Ricky and Casey. Kyle, you know that's what Brax would want you to do."

"And leave him out there? Phoebe; Ricky and Casey need him safe. I'm going." Kyle zipped the bag and left the room.

"I need you safe too." Phoebe called desperately, "And so do Ricky and little Casey. Who's going to look after them if you're not here? If you get hurt?"

Kyle paused in the hallway, she had valid points. "What if he's not okay?" He asked softy, sadness seeped through his voice.

Phoebe sighed quietly, "Hey. He'll be alright. They'll find him." She wrapped her arms around his neck as she looked into his eyes, they were beginning to glaze over lightly.

"He'll be okay. I promise." She pressed a kiss against his lips. The kiss slowly became more passionate, only to be interrupted by cries coming from the monitor.

Kyle pulled away, chuckling lightly as he went to tend to his nephew.

Brax groaned and raised a hand to shield his eyes. His head was throbbing. He glanced around, and noticed Gregory, the prison guard sitting near him.

"Darryl." Gregory nodded.

"What is this place?" Brax looked around. The walls were bland, and the furniture around him was all made of wood. Definitely not a prison cell.

"Darryl, we received concerning information regarding Trevor Gunson. He along with countless members of his gang have directed disturbing messages regarding you and your family's safety. Darryl we've deemed it necessary for you to be under immediate protection and you have been placed under New South Wales's Witness Protection Program." Gregory Hayes told Brax solemnly.

"What?" Brax, spluttered.

"Mr Braxton this is a serious situation and this afternoon we'll send you to another location where you'll be given a new identity. You'll have your movements closely monitored by the staff, as you are still charged with murder however under your new alias you will have no prior record."

Brax shook his head, "No." He refused. He wouldn't go along with this.

"I'm sorry Darryl. If it's any consolidation, the police are working to arrest all of the potential dangers and when they've all been sentenced there's a high opportunity you'll be able to return to your family and friends."

Brax again shook his head in disbelief, "A high opportunity? Not even a guarantee? And what do my family think has happened to me?"

"Our car was driven off the road, we evacuated the scene leaving another guard to inform the first officers on the scene. At my last update they've the dive team searching for any bodies." The guard explained, he'd never been in this situation and to be honest it was difficult for him as well.

"They think I'm dead? No. Take me too them, now." Brax demanded.

"Darryl, you know that can't happen. I'm sorry."

In case you couldn't tell, I know nothing about WPP and all 'facts' are going to be completely made up and if they happen to be in the slightest bit accurate that's purely coincidental.

• 1 month later...

A Week Later

Phoebe stood silently next to Kyle, her hand grasped his as they watched Ricky paddle out amongst the waves. Brax hadn't been found and the police had called off the search after a few days. She'd tried her best to be there for Kyle as well as Ricky but neither of them had said much, they both seemed quiet.

She glanced down towards Ash, who had appeared angry and tense since arriving back in the bay, literally hours too late, Denny stood next to him; holding a restless Casey in her arms. It was like the baby could sense everyone's discomfort and sadness, like he could feel something wasn't right.

"Hey, shhhhh. Little guy, come on. Hush." She heard Denny mumbling to Casey. Kyle let go of her hand and made his way over to Denny. He motioned for her to pass the baby, who once settled in his uncle's arms quietened down.

Ash looked around, "Should we leave her to it?"

"You three go. I'll wait here for her, make sure she's okay." Denny told them, nodding towards the water.

Phoebe and Kyle nodded, and made their way down the beach away from the other two.

Kyle gazed down at his nephew, "His not even going to know his dad." He looked at Phoebe, "Pheebs. He doesn't have a father."

"But you'll be there for him. And Heath. Andy, Josh and Ash. They're all around, he'll be okay. You'll make sure of it." Phoebe told him, unsure of exactly what to say to comfort her boyfriend.

"Phoebe. I can't shake this feeling, that something's not right. He doesn't feel gone. He's not gone, I'm sure of it."

Phoebe's heart broke, hearing the denial in his voice. She sighed and wrapped her arms around his free arm. They walked along the beach further, until they spotted Cece. The blonde teenager approached them slowly. Kyle had told her about his brother and that the search for him had been called off but she'd not seen much of him since then.

"Hey." She glanced at Phoebe and softly smiled.

"Hi."

"How are you?" Cece paused, "I'm sorry. That's a stupid question, I'm sorry."

Kyle shook his head, "It's okay."

"But you're not." Cece told him. Phoebe raised her eyebrows at Cece's straightforwardness. "Ricky's not with Casey?"

Phoebe shook her head.

"Why don't I take him back to your place? You…" She glanced at Phoebe who nodded understandingly. They both knew that Kyle needed a break.

"The little guy could do with some sleep." Phoebe told him softly.

Kyle nodded and slowly passed the baby to Cece. He whimpered softly but remained calm. Kyle reached into his pocket and pulled out his house key, passing it to her.

"I'll be home soon." Cece nodded and slowly made her way up the beach.

"We should go back. Cece's probably got better things to be doing than babysitting." Kyle kicked his feet back and forth. He looked down at the water beneath the pier they were sitting on.

"She doesn't mind. Take as long as you need." Phoebe told him. They'd been sitting there in silence for a quarter of an hour, Kyle didn't seem to want to talk and she wasn't going to push him.

"Thanks for being here. Through all this." He looked at her, mustering up a small, grateful smile.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else." She kissed the side of his head softly. Kyle nodded.

"I've got to get back and pack." Kyle told her quietly.

"Pack?"

"Yeah. We were going to go and stay in the city for a while. With Heath and Bianca." Kyle told her softly.

"Tonight?" Phoebe questioned, following his lead when he stood up.

Kyle nodded. "Will you come?"

"Maybe, I should stay here. Keep an eye on Angelos?" Phoebe offered.

Kyle grabbed her hand, "Phoebe, please? I have staff and Ash."

Phoebe gave a small nod and squeezed his hand as they made their way back to the house.

Bianca greeted them at the door, placing kisses on each of their cheeks. Her smile was sad, not quite reaching her eyes.

"It's good to see you." She told Ricky, who nodded and glanced around the living room.

"Where's Heath?" She asked.

Bianca pursed her lips, "He's at work. Still. He's not been home much, since you were here last." She looked at Kyle, who nodded. The last time he was there, it was to break the news of Brax's disappearance.

The four adults sat down on the sofa, a sleeping Casey was in his carrier on the ground. Darcy had appeared in the living room and had curled up next to her uncle, watching the movie that Bianca had been watching before they'd arrived. The air was filled with silence, but for Kyle it felt comfortable. He like being around the rest of his family, even if it was because of wretched circumstances. No-one said anything, until almost half an hour later when Heath entered the house.

He acknowledged them all with a nod of the head and made his way into the kitchen, Bianca, from where she was sitting could see her husband.

"I thought we could get take-out?" Heath nodded, making his way back into the living room.

"I'll go pick it up?" Phoebe offered.

"I'll go with you. What does everyone want?" Bianca said standing up.

"Can we get Chinese? Please dad?" Darcy begged. Heath looked at the others who nodded.

Once everyone had decided on what they would eat, Bianca rang the order in.

"Can I come?" Darcy asked Bianca when the two were about to leave.

"Of course." Bianca told her step-daughter. Phoebe placed a light kiss on Kyle's cheek before the three left.

Heath watched them leave, and was about to break the silence when his son did it for him. His cries rang throughout the house, clearly indicating he was awake.

"I'll go get him." Ricky offered and stood up. She followed the cries out of the living room, leaving the two brothers alone.

"She's not coping." Heath said.

Kyle raised his eyebrows, "No kidding. She's a mess. We had a memorial-thing today and I think it helped her a little bit, but she hardly wants anything to do with Casey."

Heath nodded. He'd known Ricky almost his entire life and he'd never seen her like this, ever.

"Bianca's worried about you." Kyle told him.

Heath nodded, "I'm fine, work's been crazy."

"What about you? Have the cops said anything else?" Heath asked, he was never one for talking and wasn't sure how to ask Kyle how he was feeling.

Kyle nodded, "Just that, neither Brax or the guard have been found and that the car that ran them off the road hasn't been found either. Kat say's they're investigating though."

"Kat?"

Kyle looked confused for a moment. "Oh. She's a new cop in town."

Heath nodded. "You and Phoebe are good now?" He'd gone out for breakfast with them the day after Kyle's birthday but thing's had been slightly awkward and he'd not asked about it since.

Kyle nodded. "Yeah."

"What are you two boofhead's talking about?" Ricky asked, re-entering the room with a chuckle.

Kyle smiled breathing in Phoebe's scent. They'd been awake for a while but had just enjoyed the silence, wrapped in each other's arms.

"We should go out there." Phoebe mumbled to him, sleep still lacing her voice.

"Five more minutes." Kyle whispered shutting his eyes. Phoebe laughed lightly and placed a delicate kiss on his nose. Wiggling away from him, she rolled out of the bed and began to get dressed for the day.

Eventually the couple made their way down stairs where everyone but Ricky was sitting. "Where's Rick?"

Bianca looked up from where she was feeding Casey a bottle, "She's having a sleep in."

"I'm having the day off." Darcy told them. It was a Friday and she should've been ready for school by now but, clearly she wasn't.

"You are. But I'm not. Kyle could you?" She motioned to the baby. Kyle nodded and took over feeding Casey. "I've got to go in, at least for the morning. I'll meet you all for lunch?" Heath, from where he was standing in the kitchen nodded.

"See ya babe." He kissed her quickly before realising the pancakes he was supposed to be making where burning.

"Dad!" Darcy shouted. "That's the third batch you've burnt today!"

"Geez Heath. I see your cooking hasn't improved?" Ricky said, walking into the living room. Sitting beside Phoebe.

"Funny Rick. Real comedian, you are." Heath told her, pointing a spatula at the blonde.

A Week Later

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence!" Ash said as Kyle and Phoebe walked into the house. Ash was lying on the couch with his feet propped up.

"Thanks for taking care of things here, but ah. Doesn't seem like you were run off your feet?" Kyle glanced around, empty pizza boxes covered the kitchen table.

"What are you even doing here?" Phoebe asked curiously, Ash didn't live with Kyle yet he seemed to be making himself very at home.

"Just hangin' with Billie." Ash told them.

"Hangin'?" Phoebe cringed at the word.

"Whatever, look I'll get out of your hair. Is Ricky back?" Ash stood up and made it to the door.

"Yeah she's just putting Case down." Phoebe told him.

Ash nodded and left the house. "Yep. Alright, I'll just clean up your mess." Kyle mumbled after him.

Phoebe pursued her lips and picked up a few empty beer bottles. Shaking her head as she went to throw them in the rubbish bin.

"Kyle? You're back." Josh sounded surprised.

Kyle nodded, "I am. Did you need something?"

Josh paused, "Well actually yeah." He sighed, "Andy and Hannah broke up."

"They what?" Phoebe interrupted. "Sorry continue."

"Yeah, she cheated on him. With her ex." Phoebe and Kyle both looked surprised at Josh's words.

Kyle leaned against the table, "Where's he staying?"

Josh sighed, "The gym. That's what I wanted to ask you about."

Kyle shook his head, "Mate, I'm sorry. There's just not enough room, Billie's got his old room."

Josh nodded, "Yeah. Of course. Thanks anyway. I'm gonna go see Evie. Bye guys."

"At the farm?" Phoebe asked. Josh nodded. "I'll drive you."

Phoebe kissed Kyle's cheek before she and Josh made their way out into the breezeway.

An hour later, Kyle had finally tidied the mess away and was going over the books. When heard Casey begin to cry from the flat next door. He patiently waited for the babies cries to stop but when he couldn't even hear Ricky attempting to calm him down, he sighed. She'd avoided Casey for most of the week, although it went mostly unnoticed by everyone besides him. He walked over into the flat, and over to his nephew who's cries continued after he picked him up.

"Hey little man. Hey. Shhh. Where's your mum?" He carried the baby towards the bed. He frowned when she wasn't there.

"Ricky?" He noticed the bathroom door was closed. "Rick?" He knocked on the door with his free hand.

"Ricky? Come on. Open up. It's going to be alright." He said, through the door. He sighed gratefully when Casey's crying ceased.

He frowned when he couldn't hear anything in the bathroom. "Ricky?"

He tried calling her one last time. He reached for the doorknob of the bathroom and his eyes widened when it opened.

His heart dropped when he realised she wasn't in the bathroom, or the apartment. She was gone.

Review? Also so sorry for not updating sooner! (Also I'll be sure to upload all furutre chapters with the text a size 14 so that it's big enough for you all to read! (Thanks QA for letting me know!)) 

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Firstly, I am so, so sorry about not uploading sooner! I compeltely forget to update on this site all the time. Secondly, thankyou all for your reviews! 

Chapter 14

Kyle ran a hand through his hair, trying to not panic; he glanced around the flat. "Where's your mummy, Case?"

"Hmm?" He laid the placid baby back in his crib. His eyes widened when he saw a sealed envelope on the counter.

His name was neatly printed on the front. "Oh my god. Ricky." He mumbled lightly, ripping into the letter.

Kyle, I'm so sorry to do this to you. I wasn't sure what to do, I just, Bianca she's so great with Darcy and Harley and they're not biologically hers. But Casey, his mine. He's my blood, Brax's blood. He's ours, a little person made up of the both of us. But I can't help but just see Brax, whenever I look at him, I just see so much loss when I look at him. He's my son and all I feel is hurt and confused and sad when I look at him.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I know it's wrong for me to leave, especially without saying anything but I just felt feel so scared and incapable. You're so good with him, better than I ever could be. And the worst part? I feel like you're better for him than Brax would be. And I know that's so horrible but Kyle, he just…we were never his priority. I don't understand how he could just leave us, here for Ash. For a guy he met in prison. It makes me so angry.

I just needed to get out. I'm sorry. You shouldn't be left with Casey. It's not fair on you but I didn't know what else to do. I'll be back. I promise. And I'll try so hard to make it up to you and my precious baby boy but I don't know when that'll be. I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me.

Ricky.

Kyle's heart broke, reading her letter. The page was stained with dry patches, clearly from tears. He scrubbed at his face, watching as Casey wiggled in his cot. He understood she was angry, but how could she leave her baby behind?

Panic suddenly rose inside of him. When would she be back? Where had she gone? What was he going to do? Casey needed him mum.

He tried to call her, only to hear an automated message telling him the number was not available. Unsure of what to do, he called the next best thing.

"Nate Cooper speaking."

Kyle gulped quickly, "Nate, it's Ricky. She's gone."

Nate's voice grew concerned, "What do you mean, she's gone?"

"She left a letter," He glanced at the crib. "And Casey and she's not answering. I have no idea where she's gone."

"Alright. I'll be right there. You're at your house?"

Kyle nodded as he spoke into the phone. "Yep. Thanks Nate."

"Hey," Phoebe said as she walked into the house, she dropped her bag on the couch next to him.

Kyle smiled lightly but held a finger to his lips, motioning for her to be quiet. Phoebe raised an eyebrow as he pointed to the carrier on the ground. It held a sleeping Casey.

Kyle shook his head and motioned for her to the kitchen, which she did. Kyle followed her before he whispered, "I just got him back to sleep."

"Is Ricky asleep?" She asked softly.

"She left." Kyle told her.

"What?"

Kyle sighed and handed her a letter that was sitting on the counter beside him. Phoebe scanned the letter, her eyes widening as she read.

"Oh my god." Kyle nodded.

"Nate came over, he said that it doesn't sound like she's in trouble. And that she sounds like she needed a break, away from Casey and the memories of Brax. That I shouldn't worry."

"But you are?" Phoebe asked knowingly.

"Of course. She just left him in his crib." Kyle told her.

"Have you tried calling her?" Phoebe suggested. "Really?" Kyle asked sarcastically.

"Of course." Phoebe nodded.

"What am I going to do?" Kyle asked, worry seeping through his voice.

"You're going to stay here and look after your nephew, and I'm going to go and cover your shift at the restraunat." Phoebe told him, placing her hands on the sides of his face.

Kyle nodded slightly, he sighed softly as Phoebe leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips. She smiled lightly and stepped back, only to feel his arms rope around her waist and pull her back to him. She giggled softly before allowing their lips to meet again.

"I've got to go." She mumbled as the kiss became more passionate. Kyle shook his head and grinned. "I don't think your boss would mind if you took the night off."

Phoebe smirked and pulled away from him briefly, "Oh he wouldn't mind?"

Kyle smirked and leaned closer, "I think," he kissed her jaw, "he'd like it very much," he began kissing slowly down her neck. "If you took the night off," Kyle sucked lightly at her skin, "He'd be," He continued, "very, very" Kyle gently nipped at the base of her neck before running his tongue over where his teeth had left a mark, "Grateful." Kyle wrapped his hands around her waist, lifting her off the ground with ease. She squealed faintly as she wrapped her legs around his waist, letting him carry her away from the kitchen and towards his bedroom.

The next morning when Phoebe woke from her slumber, sunlight shone throw the curtains. She smiled lightly when she realised that she could hear Kyle talking in the living room.

"You had a good sleep last night yeah? Only woke up three or four times, hey. I bet your mummy will be happy." She heard his soft voice, clearly speaking to Casey.

"Should we call her again? I'm sure she misses you." He continued.

Phoebe made her way out of the bedroom and into the living room where she saw the young child being held in his uncle's arms. She watched as Kyle dialled a number in his phone.

"Hey Rick. It's me, again. Just give a call back, I just need to know you're okay. Casey misses you." She stood in the doorway as she watched him speak into the receiver.

She walked over to him once he hung up the phone. "Hey." She placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Hey," He looked up at her. "Why don't we go to the diner for breakfast? We'll have to take the little guy with us but what'd you say?"

Phoebe nodded at his suggestion, "I'll go get dressed?" She'd not officially moved back in but already quite a lot of her stuff was back in the Braxton house.

When the couple walked into the diner with the pram, Irene smiled at the two. "Hey darls. What can I get you?"

"I'll have a flat white and a big breakfast thanks." Kyle ordered, he looked towards Phoebe who ordered after him. "A flat white as well, and a blueberry pancake stack please."

Irene nodded and looked between the two, she was frowning lightly.

"Everything alright?" Kyle asked the woman, unsure of why she was looking at them, so concerned.

"Actually, do you mind if I have a quick word with you?" Irene asked him.

Phoebe motioned for him to move the pram into her reach, "I'll get us a table."

Kyle nodded and then turned to Irene. Irene had a conflicted look on her face.

"Is something wrong?"

"I don't know if I should mention this to you, at all. And it might not be my place but Cece, she's been struggling with her school work a bit. She hasn't said anything but Zac had a quiet word with me, he's actually asked her to sit a few tests today. Just to see where she's at." Irene told him quietly.

Kyle frowned. "Why would he make her sit tests, she doesn't need to see a bad grade on standardized test. She needs the school's support, and yours."

"I'll be sure to speak to her about tutoring, Jett and Vj have been trying to help her catch up. I was just wondering if when the two of you were in care, she ever struggled?" Kyle frowned at her words.

"She's dyslexic and has ADD?" Kyle pointed out.

Irene looked at him perplexed, "What did you say love?"

"Cece, she has dyslexia and…you didn't know?" Kyle asked seeing Irene's confused face.

Irene shook her head. "No. It's not in any of her paperwork, the social worker never said anything. Neither has she."

Kyle shook his head, "The school needs to know, obviously. I don't know why you weren't informed, or why Cece didn't bother to mention it."

"I'll have a word with her this afternoon. Thankyou Kyle." Irene told him. Kyle nodded and headed over to where Phoebe had taken a seat.

"Everything okay?" She asked as he sat down.

"Yeah, just Cece. She never mentioned, her learning disabilities to anyone apparently." Kyle said shaking his head as the waitress bought over their coffees.

"So I was thinking," Kyle said after taking a sip.

"Oh, thinking. Good work. Continue…." Phoebe smiled.

"About you moving back in? I mean you haven't really stayed at your caravan since we got back together and it just seems kind of pointless, don't you think?" He suggested.

Phoebe was quiet for a minute, her face paling slightly.

"I mean, you don't have to. If you don't want to, I just thought…" Kyle trailed off, awkwardly.

Phoebe shook her head, "No. It's not that, what's that smell?" She scrunched up her face.

Kyle looked around confused and shrugged. "What smell?"

Before Phoebe could reply, the waitress bought over both their breakfasts. "One big breakfast, and one pancake stack."

Kyle smiled at the waitress as she left. "Phoebe?" He asked, she was staring at his plate. "What's wrong?"

Phoebe shook her head, "Ah. Nothing. It's fine." She grimaced and picked up her knife and fork.

Kyle nodded cautiously before digging into his own breakfast. "I'm sorry. I've got to go." Phoebe told him hurriedly before bolting for the door. Kyle sat bewildered as she left quickly. Unsure of what to do he was slightly relieved when Nate walked into the diner.

"Hey, mate. Everything alright with Phoebe?" Nate asked.

Kyle shook his head unsure, "I don't know, she just took off like a second ago."

"Yeah, Kat followed her into the bathroom, she didn't look to flash." Nate told him.

Kyle cringed, putting his knife and fork down. "Sorry." Nate said noticing the movements. Kyle shook his head.

"Have you heard from Ricky?" Nate asked. Kyle shook his head, "No. Not yet, I left her a message about an hour ago though."

Nate nodded and turned around when he heard Kat speak behind him. "I'm going to take Phoebe home."

Kyle stood up, "I'll take you, it's fine."

Phoebe who was standing next to Kat shook her head, "No. You finish eating, I'll call you later?"

Kyle reluctantly nodded as she left with Kat. Nate watched them before looking back at Kyle. "Mind if I join you?"

Kyle shook his head, more concerned for the well-being of his girlfriend than who was joining him for breakfast.

Archived