New look forum!

Chris J

1 hour ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Maybe devices with touchscreens don't recognise hovering mouse cursors. You point your finger at something and it's like clicking something straightaway. What happens if you hold your finger down on the loveheart icon?

I think the issue is that some people aren't seeing the heart icon in the first place - as I mentioned, tapping on the heart on a touchscreen will activate the submenu to let you choose the emotions anyway.

I'm not really sure myself what the issue could be, whether certain browsers/devices are blocking it for any reason, but will flag it up for @Chris J to see if he can find out whether it's a known issue.

9 hours ago, Ludub said:

The green was quite a shock this morning but I'm growing to like it... and while I generally don't like change, the new 'reactions' are actually pretty cool. Looking good guys! :P 

It's the same green that we have on the navigation bar on the main site, though we're experimenting a little at the moment anyway so it may, or may not, change again :P

My 'reactions' have stopped working? They were working yesterday but not now. The heart appears for me, and I can select a reaction, but once I click back out of the post the reaction disappears. I liked a post on one of my stories but when I went back in to read a new comment, the heart is grey again. Just flagging it so maybe @Chris J can have a look? Thanks :)

10 hours ago, Ludub said:

My 'reactions' have stopped working? They were working yesterday but not now. The heart appears for me, and I can select a reaction, but once I click back out of the post the reaction disappears. I liked a post on one of my stories but when I went back in to read a new comment, the heart is grey again. Just flagging it so maybe @Chris J can have a look? Thanks :)

It's showing up that you have 'liked' RR1's latest comment in your fic, if that's the one you're referring to...?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan F said:

It's showing up that you have 'liked' RR1's latest comment in your fic, if that's the one you're referring to...?

No, it seems to be a bit temperamental :huh:

It allowed me to 'like' RR1's comment this morning, but not Kristen and Bijou's. I didn't get a message to say that I had exceeded my 'likes' or anything like that so I don't think that was the problem. When I clicked on 'Like' for RR1's comment the little square with a number 1 appeared beside it, whereas on Kristen and Bijou's it didn't, but the heart did change from grey to blue on all three. Then when I clicked out, and back in, the hearts on Kristen and Bijou's were back to grey.

I tried again this evening though, and the reactions seem to be working again. I don't know why they're working, but I'm not complaining! :lol:

On 9/27/2017 at 07:36, Ludub said:

No, it seems to be a bit temperamental :huh:

It allowed me to 'like' RR1's comment this morning, but not Kristen and Bijou's. I didn't get a message to say that I had exceeded my 'likes' or anything like that so I don't think that was the problem. When I clicked on 'Like' for RR1's comment the little square with a number 1 appeared beside it, whereas on Kristen and Bijou's it didn't, but the heart did change from grey to blue on all three. Then when I clicked out, and back in, the hearts on Kristen and Bijou's were back to grey.

I tried again this evening though, and the reactions seem to be working again. I don't know why they're working, but I'm not complaining! :lol:

I got a notification that you liked my comment on your fanfiction with a reaction but when I went there,  the reaction wasn't there. Weird! ?