New look forum!

Chris J

1. Search facility works beautifully now.  The error that cropped up previously has gone and the results are returned almost instantaneously across all forums - even the password protected ones!  Presumably the forum software uses far better indexing now.
  2. If you're not signed in there is also an option to post as a guest - I haven't actually tried this though!
  3. The notifications play a sound now.

4 minutes ago, Slade said:
  • If you're not signed in there is also an option to post as a guest - I haven't actually tried this though!

That's only in this part of the forum, I think we switched it on a couple of years ago when there might have been some issues with the registration process and wanted people to let us know :wink:

• 1 year later...

I see the Forum software has been updated.  Thanks guys (Dan/ChrisJ?)  Look forward to seeing the new features.  One that I've immediately noticed is there are now other options in addition to liking a post.  Will be interesting to see how that goes....

2 hours ago, Slade said:

Thanks guys (Dan/ChrisJ?)

Chris :wink:

Yup, most of the new features are behind-the-scenes (or things that we don't really have a need for at the moment), but as well as a few cosmetic changes, the most notable new features for members are:

New Reactions for Posts - along with the old Like (which is now heart shaped), there's now Thanks, Confused, Sad and HaHa.

Device Management - accessible via your Account Settings, this shows all the devices that have logged into your account in the past 90 days. Whilst I wouldn't imagine sneakily logging into someone's BTTB account is on anyone's priority list, if you do see any devices you don't recognise, then you are able to log that device out of your account straight from that page and change your password. Could be handy if for example you leave yourself logged in on someone else's computer and they decide to have a poke around.

Letter Profile Photos - for those who haven't added a profile photo, the default we've currently set is for an automatically generated one featuring the first letter of your username. The idea behind this is to differentiate between such users a little more, as opposed to the old grey silhouette that used to be there on every post. With it being automatic, you don't get a choice of colour, but obviously you are free to replace it with a pic of your choosing (as long as it's H&A related as per our rules).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

I can't find the reactions for the posts :unsure:

If you're on a computer, hover over the heart icon at the bottom right of a post and it will show the other reactions.

If you're on a mobile device, tapping the heart will show all the reactions before you select one.

• Thanks 1

There seems to be a proliferation of initials in coloured boxes in avatars. First Google+ platforms, then Apple, now the software that runs the BTTB forum. CaptainHulk has a big "C", KKB now has a big "K", Laudix now has a big "L", and so on.....

Edited by Old H&A Fan