H&A inducted into Logies Hall of Fame

ter06

Well Emily did say Ray says they are safeguarding the show for future generations!

It was such a good presentation and I really think they couldn't have got a better person than Dannii to present it. I wonder how Melissa George would feel if she knew she was in the montage ??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to sound nasty but I'm going to spend an absolute minimum of my time concerning myself over what Melissa George thinks :wink:

On the other hand it was great to hear Ray, Kate Ritchie, Emily and Ada speak with such affection for their time on the show.

And emmasi, it does appear that Johnny Ruffo has joined a group of friends that includes Lynne, Ada and Ada's husband Chris.

I'm not a fan of his character, Chris, on the show but I'm beginning to like what I see of the bloke.

It was just tongue in cheek about Melissa, I don't care either.

What's marvelous is people like Kate, Emily, Ray, Lynne, Ada and Dannii are incredibly proud of the show and where they came from. As are Chris Hemsworth, Ryan Kwanten and Isla Fisher and the funny thing is they have all had much better careers than her!

I fell asleep watching it on the night, but that was a very classy, sweet and appropriate tribute. I especially liked that you could see the scope of the show and I definitely had a moment of internal "look how much they've grown" when they showed some of those older clips. I wished they had invited everyone in the audience who had appeared on the show up on stage - or at the very least to stand up for a moment - so then we really could have seen how close to 7000 it was!

Casey was there, but wasn't on stage, which I feel was a bit rough, given that he was the focus of the clip they used to illustrate the "Most Popular Drama" award. I assume he was there with the cast of "Hiding", which I sincerely hope will win the "Outstanding Drama" award next year.

And Spencer said on social media that he wasn't even invited o_O

I was a bit disappointed that Kate Ritchie wasn't on the stage when Home and Away was being induced into the Logies hall of fame because Sally/Kate was on the show for 20 years. But I'm glad Kate has spoken very highly of the show and she has recently uploaded more backstage photos of the Logies. I love that Kate is still very close with Ray Meagher - they are Home and Away legends. I have a feeling that Kate Ritchie may return to Home and Away one day in the future.

Well done to Steve Peacocke for winning the Silver Logie for "Most Popular Actor". I don't think Steve will ever win Gold but Steve will do very well in the future.

Archived