New look Back to the Bay.net

Chris J

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not keen on having to scroll past news I've long read to find any new content there may be, for example I had to scroll past all the news to get to the part about the new look, which I'd worked out myself by that time.

I agree about that - there's still a fair bit of work to do to the homepage, but I'm waiting until more of the site transitions over to the new look, and then I can start to integrate more content onto the page, and make it less news-heavy at the top.

I'm very glad that the new look seems to have been so well received so far, so thanks for all of your feedback! :)

The Characters section has just gone live, so again, check it out and let us know what you think, and if you spot any issues.

^ Just to add that character images will look a little weird until they've all been upgraded to a larger size - I'm sorting current characters today as a priority, but the rest will be a more gradual process.

One thing I am missing is the byline telling you when the main site was last updated, which I've found a useful barometer for if it's worth looking around the site or just going straight to the forum if there's nothing specific I'm there to look at. Is that coming back?

Thanks for the feedback - it'll be back in some form or another, yeah. I'm planning for the homepage to be a sort of live feed of the latest content from across the site, so it should be pretty easy to tell whether or not there's anything new to explore once it's all complete. I'll see what everyone thinks once the homepage has evolved a little, and evaluate from there whether a 'Last updated' line is still necessary.

Had a brief look and I'm pleased that you've now got the short summaries on the menus rather than having to trawl through the episodes one by one, something which I seem to remember we had when I first joined the site but disappeared not long after.My only disappointment is that you can no longer tell from the menus which episodes have extended summaries and which haven't, you have to click on them to find out.

The biggest section so far, our Episodes section has now adopted the new look. Again, let me know what you think, and if you find anything missing/broken!

Just noticed that the body of the page says the links are on the left, but for me they were on a drop down above.

Ah, you're accessing on a mobile, I presume? They're on the left on a desktop or tablet - I'll re-word that to something more ... Device-agnostic.

RR, good point. I still need to add scripts back into the episodes that have them, so I'll add markers for scripts and extended summaries at the same time :) Ta for pointing it out

The biggest section so far, our Episodes section has now adopted the new look. Again, let me know what you think, and if you find anything missing/broken!

Just noticed that the body of the page says the links are on the left, but for me they were on a drop down above. Ah, you're accessing on a mobile, I presume? They're on the left on a desktop or tablet - I'll re-word that to something more ... Device-agnostic.

RR, good point. I still need to add scripts back into the episodes that have them, so I'll add markers for scripts and extended summaries at the same time :) Ta for pointing it out

Yes, I was on my iPhone.

Archived