Beth Hunter - Clarissa House

After some research online, it seems that Clarissa now teaches acting...

She's tutoring acting courses for children at AFTRS (Australian Film Television and Radio School) in Sydney this month:

https://www.aftrs.edu.au/short-courses/screen-acting-for-kids-9-12/5447

https://www.aftrs.edu.au/short-courses/screen-acting-13-17/j561

Edited by DialMforMorag
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Funny thing with Beth for me was that she wasn’t one of my favourites while she was on the show.  I wasn’t too worried when she first left and it was not until after her death that  I liked her character a lot more. Then I thought I did and I wished she hadn't left. 

I thought she was one of the best ever mums on the show and  after rewatching her again I found her to bug me l and didn’t think she was that great of a mum. I found out why it took me til after she left that I liked her character. It was a case of the heart  grows fonder with absence. 

But I think what also made me angry was the terrible, off screen death Beth got as till this day I think it was a most cheap and cheesy exit. 

Beth didn’t even get a proper funeral.  We just got a beach service with Matilda talking. That just seemed insulting to Beth's character as she didn’t get a proper death scene or a proper funeral.  

I know characters like Matt and Rob had exits of just disappearing but they were not on the show as long as Beth. Beth was a far more memorable character and had more storylines than them. Sure Beth might not have had any storyline's  that were central to her in her last year but she was supporting in other people storyline’s like Matilda and Robbie. 

People complain about Ailsa's death but at least we saw her die and  we had a jam packed funeral in next episode at the beginning of the year with everyone crying.