1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

It has been such a long wait J laur5. We first saw the repeats of the early episodes way back in 1999—2000, then we stopped around mid-1990 in May 2002.

It wasn't until 2009 when 7TWO was launched and we started from the beginning again.

I can't believe Blake turns her down, Monique is so gorgeous!

Now, regarding Bobby Simpson. One of Home And Away's original mainstays. I'm afraid that from Episode 1137 onwards, she is no longer liked, because of her pig-headed attitude to Tug, blind to the fact that he set Shane up, and even has the gall to stop his brother Nick from giving him the thrashing he deserves (1150), when it became undeniably clear that he did in fact set him up.

Sorry little Bobby, but you've lost me as a fan for good this time. Bring on the boating accident!! (200 episodes to go)

Took me a while but I've made it up to 1135.

As painful as it's been watching Alf rejecting Blake for weeks, it was made up for with the beautifully realised scene of them finally letting their guard down on the beach.Alf's subtle olive branch ("It'd mean a lot to me as well") is a moment I still remembered after all these years.Blake seems to be one of those people that comes across as closer to Alf than his biological children, as has become obvious this last little while.

I can't say I'm in the "Sophie slept with David so she deserves everything she gets" camp or even that I particularly dislike her but it's clear from the comments on here that her storyline isn't being very well-received and I agree that what might have looked good on paper isn't coming over very well on screen, with the constant cycle of Sophie seeming to be settling into a routine then abruptly being depressed and not coping again, with similarly schizophrenic behaviour from her family, especially Pippa, who veer between wanting to help her as much as possible and telling her she needs to take responsibility herself.Maybe it's a case of being hit with a message we all know already:Nowadays teenage mothers in soap are ten a penny, back then they were only a generation or so on from the days when an unmarried teenage mother really would have had her child taken off her against her wishes(which perhaps makes some of Sophie's more paranoid moments understandable). Still, aside from saying that motherhood can be hard work, it's hard to tell exactly what message they were trying to send out: Is it meant to be a cautionary tale to teenagers who might end up in the same boat or a plea for society to support them?Ah well, we're entering the final stage now, although from what I recall the next few weeks won't be pleasant viewing.

It's also hard to tell where our sympathies are meant to lie in the Bobby/Tug/Shane story.For all his goading, Shane definitely doesn't deserve what's happening to him but are we meant to think Bobby's right and Tug would be all right if people gave him a chance, or are we meant to think Bobby's being played for a fool since we're privy to things about him that she's blind to?It'd be interesting to know at what point they decided to keep him on next season.It's hard to tell if his truce offer to Shane and Damian was him giving Shane one last chance or just an attempt to lull them into false security: He certainly didn't seem bothered at being turned down.One curious element I remember from the time is that at this point it seems to be heavily implied that Tug's story of his aunt looking after him is a lie...yet the following year it's obviously true, although I can't remember if we ever actually meet her.

I struggle to get through every scene that Sophie is in at the moment. They have make her very unlikable about 90% of the time with her constant screaming and crying. Also Blakes new romance with Finlay has really breathed new life into his character. He was looking a bit out of place since Megs death and Simon leaving the show. IMHO. I kinda get the feeling the show is in a real transitional period at the moment. Will be interesting to watch it all play out.

You can thank David for all the misery he brought on to Sophie for the off-screen act of stupidity that went on before his death. Every time we have to endure these scenes of Sophie suffering, makes you hate David even more and more for the crimes he committed against her (and she was stupid enough to open her legs for him, not even bothering to try to use any contraceptives), see why I commented on this creature when the storyline was being aired last year????

I'm sorry but this David hate isn't something I agree with at all.Chances are if he'd lived then he and Sophie would be bringing up the baby together and all this wouldn't have happened, so blame Karen for depriving Tamara of a father.We don't know whether or not they used contraceptives so it's assuming a lot to denounce them as "stupid" or even less reasonably "criminal" for doing what young people in love do.Trying to turn him into a hate figure really doesn't seem fair to me.

Sophie still had a year of school to go, she wasn't ready to have a baby with this c!#*. Anyone with half a brain uses contraceptives unless they want to be weighed down with a baby before they have set up house together with a HSC and a well-paid job. Being "in love" is no excuse for such irresponsible behaviour and failure to take precautions. David never faced the music for making Sophie pregnant because he got killed. Simon took the heat instead from Michael. "Tamara" should never have been born in the first place, so BAD LUCK "she" didn't have a father. It is a pity Karen didn't get rid of this mongrel before the damage was done.

There is no question that the lack of contraceptives is criminal. SOPHIE WAS NOT READY!!!

Archived