1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I knew Shane and Kelly weren't together for long but I didn't realise it was only a week!Guess I shouldn't have been surprised, given we're not that far off the end of the season and given how much happens to Shane between now and then.There actually seemed to be a bit of a goodbye overload to the point that it was hard to tell whether she'd actually gone or whether there was another one coming.I was surprised that her last scene with Shane came halfway through the episode and her actual last appearance was her hugging Damian in the background while Pippa and Nick chatted!

Aside from blowing her top at Fin talking to Michael, Sophie was surprisingly mellow this week.I actually thought she had every right to be angry at Sally and Sam, who had good intentions but ultimately interfered without knowing what they were doing and just made things harder for her, and Michael's attempts to claim otherwise felt a bit weak, so in a way it's pleasing that she didn't yell at them.In another it's worrying, since it felt like she'd just given up and couldn't even be bothered trying to hang onto a tedious job.

Well, Don seemed to recover from his heart attack remarkably quickly after that big cliffhanger.After twenty years of remembering being annoyed at Bobby having a go at Alf, I found it actually wasn't that bad, although she was soon back in the negative column with the way she tried to take over Don's recovery without considering what he wanted.Oh well, at least she recognised her faults and sort of apologised to Adam for using him as a punchbag.Alf pointing out she'd forgotten her milk, followed by Adam seemingly hugging the bottle like a security blanket, were nice visual comedy.

And the rather low key arrival of Roxanne, often dismissed as one of the most dull and forgettable 90s characters although I don't think I really minded her.Les is coming across as increasingly controlling/unstable the more Blake goes against his plans.

I sure did! — that would have to be one of the all-time most hilarious scenes by the Summer Bay ball of flame.

Though I'm not quite sure a full transcription of the scene quite fits into our '5 line signature' rule now does it? :wink:

I sure did! — that would have to be one of the all-time most hilarious scenes by the Summer Bay ball of flame.

Though I'm not quite sure a full transcription of the scene quite fits into our '5 line signature' rule now does it? :wink:

It does sound funny. Can't wait to catch up with it. I really didn't think, Alf could be that angry.

Hi Dan F, I'm happy to modify my signature if you so wish so as to reduce it to comply with the 5-line rule. Just let me know to confirm. Cheers.

Hi Dan F, I'm happy to modify my signature if you so wish so as to reduce it to comply with the 5-line rule. Just let me know to confirm. Cheers.

Yes that was the jist of it :wink: I didn't want to delete it outright without you having a chance to save it, just in case you wanted to move it to your profile page or suchlike.

Archived