1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

How did Tug get his nickname?

His lack of a girlfriend on arrival?

I'm sure it's one of those things that was purposely left to the viewer's imagination with no proper explanation. :wink:

When I first watched these episodes back when I was 11 years old I thought it was because he liked tug boats or something. Man how wrong was I! lol

So, that's the end of Lou, never to be seen again and to have largely been forgotten about by the end of the 90s.(Is she even mentioned after the end of 1992?Even by Mary?)It feels as though she only really had one storyline that got dragged out for the whole of her time on the show:As someone said on another thread, it's very strange that she made such a big deal about Tamara being David's daughter, then once she was born didn't seem to have anything to do with her.Her end was sudden but surprisingly positive.Given that there seems to have been bad feeling behind the scenes, the producers should perhaps be commended for not resorting to a character assassination.

Until the "chink lover" comment, Tug's allegedly racist remarks barely qualified as low grade.(Really, Fin treats him like a monster because he mentions fortune cookies?)Shane really is storing up trouble for the future by humiliating him like that...Oddly, Tug's first episode back sees him going to help out an apparently drowning Damian.Did they had an eye on making him a regular even then?

It always seemed to be like his storyline came to a natural end at the beginning of 1993, after which he disappeared for several weeks.

Not sure what to make of the odd Michael and Pippa v Sophie dynamic.It's a fair point that Tamara is Sophie's responsibility but Sophie took the job on the understanding that Pippa had agreed to look after her and for Pippa to go back on her word after a fairly short space of time so she can take up a job that she'll have to give up anyway when the baby comes, having somewhat arbitrarily decided she wants one after four years as a stay-at-home mum, seems rather unfair.

Given that Sophie ends up on a big downward spiral by the end of the year and this is arguably the start of it, this may be another bad judgement call on the Rosses' part.

Okay, Les hasn't done anything particularly villainous so far but Blake still seems pretty dumb to get sucked in by him so much.Adam's chat to Greg about liking the idea of being part of a family did seem genuine, although it's unlikely he'll change his ways soon.I find that I don't really have any memory of how him living at the beach house worked out in terms of the dynamic so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm a bit conflicted with the Sophie drama.

Why did Pippa agree to get a job even though she promised Sophie she'd look after Tammy? And how is she going to do the job properly before her own baby arrives and look after Tammy at the same time? Pippa's not SuperMum. And at first I thought Sophie was talking Pippa for granted, but I can see where she is coming from.

Then Sophie does something stupid and write a letter of resignation and blame it on poor Sally but Sally should have recognized Sophie's handwriting and ask Sophie if she wanted the letter to be posted should she not? This whole Sophie storyline is just as frustrating as the Nick/Lou storyline and I'm glad Lou is gone thank God.

And I thought Bobby and Adam were good friends? Or once was. Why doesn't she want to live with him? This is other storyline that's doing my head in at the moment. Greg's obsessed with making money. There's more to life than money.

So Fin (and Sally?) maintains her sylph-like figure by tucking into a full English breakfast - before immediately making a bee-line for the Surf Club kiosk to enjoy some 'junk food' before school?

I'm not actually sure why the girls were even present during that sequence in the Surf Club with Adam and Alf - surely Alf could have teed up Adam's return to the Beach House for his keys to be threatened by Bobby wielding a back scrubber?

Sophie finally started driving you nuts now Natasha. She started driving me nuts the moment she invited David into her pants. Ever since then, she's been a write-off.

I hate to agree with Old H&A Fan but hes right. Sophie is probably the hottest girl on Home and Away during this time and they stick her in a fat suit for 7 months. What a crime.

Sophie shouldnt of blamed Sally for what happened Sophie shouldnt of written the letter in the first place and Sally is right Sophie blames others when things go wrong (Pippa, Sally and Michael and even Fin sometimes) Sophie needs to grow up and look after her own baby and not just expect Pippa to look after her at the drop of a hat.

Fin is annoying me too she should just let Damien make his own friends Damien is big enough and ugly enough to that and make his own decisions

That new house mate of Bobby and Gregs was a freak I wonder what he was doing in that room?

Archived