1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I hope the Lucinda and Ryan affair comes out soon. Why dosent Shane just tell Nick instead of getting revenge on Ryan? And why dosent he get revenge on Lucinda too its just as much Lucindas fault as it is Ryans.

As for Sophie I think she wants to make it in the world by herself and provide for Tammy without any help from Pippa and Michael. She could probably provide better for Tammy though if she went and got her HSC

Blake needs to stop being such a coward and faking sickies and tell Finlay he isnt ready to persue a relationship with her at the moment

This just goes to prove Sophie just isn't cut out for motherhood as she would like everyone to think!

Adds weight to my case against teenage pregnancy & motherhood and how stupid and irresponsible it is. Doesn't do the baby much good either.

Nick is kidding himself when he maintains Loo isn't "that sort of girl". He is determined to live in fairy land until the evidence against her gets too overwhelming. Isn't it time Nick faced reality and he and Loo are not meant to be together, she should have stuck with Ryan.

Aside from the fact that she's depending on Pippa for childcare(which is hardly a unique state of affairs), I don't think Sophie's doing too badly.She's got herself a good job with prospects which is arguably more important than getting the HSC just for the sake of it:She may come to regret it later but Bobby and Marilyn both got their HSC and never did anything with it.There are plenty of mothers older than her who aren't coping as well.

Every time I feel a twinge of sympathy for Ryan, he reminds me of how obnoxious he is.Not that that excuses Shane's campaign which is well over the top and doing more damage to him than Ryan. Even Ryan's speech about how he's got nothing left ended in him deluding himself and demonstrating his inability to accept that Lou just doesn't want him, which shows that all his problems are basically self-inflicted.

So, the brakes get put on Blake and Fin's relationship

for a few months at least.

Or, more accurately, Blake's trying to put the brakes on but can't quite find the pedal.(I did love his pained reaction to Alf telling him stories of his misspent youth.)Fin being head over heels after one kiss feels a bit of a stretch(unless more than that happened, since we didn't actually see the aftermath?), although her saying she's liked Blake for a while, despite there being no real sign of it, does kind of cover the point.

Odd the things that slip into inactive memory:I suddenly remembered Alf turning up at the last minute to be Adam's character witness halfway through 1064.Not sure Greg and Don are going the right way about all this:I can understand them not wanting to worry Bobby but even if he does only get a small fine they need to tell her when she gets back, before it inevitably comes out(especially with Sam on the verge of blurting it out all the time).Don was out of line letting Sam do something he knew Greg had forbidden and changing the plans without telling him but the payoff was a bit strange: Don gets invited to dinner as a reconciliation, then basically repeats the mistake by deciding he'll take them out for dinner even though Greg's already started making it and Greg and Sam just go "Yay!"?

So, the brakes get put on Blake and Fin's relationship

for a few months at least.

Or, more accurately, Blake's trying to put the brakes on but can't quite find the pedal.(I did love his pained reaction to Alf telling him stories of his misspent youth.)Fin being head over heels after one kiss feels a bit of a stretch(unless more than that happened, since we didn't actually see the aftermath?), although her saying she's liked Blake for a while, despite there being no real sign of it, does kind of cover the point.

Red Ranger 1 I think its safe to say more than that happened. Still I think Blake is crazy for passing up on Finn however with his history I can also kinda understand it. His first girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend. His next girlfriend skips town and then his last one Meg passes away.

I agree that I don't think they did more than kiss, especially given how uncomfortable and inexperienced Fin seemed when Randy was around, I guess I'm wondering if Fin went home straight after the kiss or if they actually talked about it or possibly kissed some more...I'm probably thinking about it too much.

I think Adam has stayed for far too long. He should have left last year!.

Irene's return and Lynne McGranger's arrival is fast approaching!

I believe we are in August 1992 so 1992 season will be finished about May.

I think the 1993 season will be an interesting year with new credits and a couple of memorable storylines!.

I agree about Adam. Without Maz now he really has lost his charm in the show.

I am so disappointed about the show at the moment. 1992 really has lost the greatness factor that was seen in 1991.

However 1993 hopefully will be better but there is two storylines I am dreading

I agree about Adam. Without Maz now he really has lost his charm in the show.

I am so disappointed about the show at the moment. 1992 really has lost the greatness factor that was seen in 1991.

However 1993 hopefully will be better but there is two storylines I am dreading

What are they? I am pretty sure that I can guess one

This Fin-Blake line is boring. Sure, Adam is an idiot, but how stupid could Greg be so stupid to go along with any of Abbott's schemes, when pretty much all of them have failed? In fact, are there any of his schemes that have actually worked? Maybe the Bunyip thing is the only exception. Don is being pigheaded and thinks that only he knows best, as he often does. This Nick-Lucinda is just tedious now, it should have ended a week ago. Such a shame, Lucinda had great promise when she first arrived, but is one of the most, if not the most, wasted and underused characters in HAA history, IMO.

Archived