1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Shane is now onto Ryan like a bulldog that won't let go of its bone, and for doing what? to his brother exactly? All he saw was Ryan kissing Loo and that's enough to make him enraged about what he is "doing to his brother"???

Well if I saw my brother's girlfriend kissing another guy, I wouldn't let it go either.

Haydn, Ric, Tug, Ric and Scott? Who did they date that were older than them?

Also, does anyone know when Tug returns?

Haydn, ironically, dated Marilyn for a bit.Ric slept with a woman named Viv who was about 20 years his senior(and got her pregnant!).Tug had not-entirely-one-sided feelings for one of his teachers, Beth.(I think ITV may have cut some of it so not sure how far it went.)Scott's a bit of a stretch:Amanda was probably older than him, since it's hard to imagine him being old enough to be Belle's father, although that was maybe five years at most, and there was a kiss between him and Josie which didn't go anywhere

Tug's next episode is 1093.Kelly's around at that point but not sure if she and Shane are together or not.

Marilyn had a pretty good exit. It seemed rubbish at first but then (thankfully!) she stuck around an extra couple of episodes and got the goodbyes she deserved. I would have liked a more sentimental scene between Adam and Marilyn because they have always had a good friendship so it's a shame there wasn't much said between them. But I liked her goodbye with Bobby (especially as it would be the last time they'd ever see each other) and the stuff with Alf was lovely, I'm glad he played a big part in her farewell. Her final scene in the car had the perfect mix of happiness and sadness.

I will miss Marilyn a LOT and IIRC she does leave quite a gap in the show, but having said that I do think her story arc has come to a natural conclusion in this stint. Her character was getting to the stage where there wasn't much else for her to explore. Giving her character a break and then

coming back a-new in a few years was actually probably the best thing in hindsight. Knowing that she'll be back in 3 years (if the early years continue) will certainly help! And of course Irene is largely a comedy character through 93/94 so we have that to look forward to as well.

I can't even think of her current 2010+ stint to compare it, it just gets me too angry the way she (and other long term characters) are "written".

Is that Simon gone too? Bit of a low key exit if it is.

Marilyn had a pretty good exit. It seemed rubbish at first but then (thankfully!) she stuck around an extra couple of episodes and got the goodbyes she deserved. I would have liked a more sentimental scene between Adam and Marilyn because they have always had a good friendship so it's a shame there wasn't much said between them. But I liked her goodbye with Bobby (especially as it would be the last time they'd ever see each other) and the stuff with Alf was lovely, I'm glad he played a big part in her farewell. Her final scene in the car had the perfect mix of happiness and sadness.

I will miss Marilyn a LOT and IIRC she does leave quite a gap in the show, but having said that I do think her story arc has come to a natural conclusion in this stint. Her character was getting to the stage where there wasn't much else for her to explore. Giving her character a break and then

coming back a-new in a few years was actually probably the best thing in hindsight. Knowing that she'll be back in 3 years (if the early years continue) will certainly help! And of course Irene is largely a comedy character through 93/94 so we have that to look forward to as well.

I can't even think of her current 2010+ stint to compare it, it just gets me too angry the way she (and other long term characters) are "written".

Is that Simon gone too? Bit of a low key exit if it is.

Yes Simon is gone now too. He went to go live with Matt in invisible land.

Simon's exit was pointless compared to Marilyn's. And I'm glad she got the send off she deserved. At first, I really upset that she didn't get a proper goodbye with Adam considering their friendship, but that was sorted when they threw her a decent farewell.

Archived