1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

How many young men in Summer Bay marry or even go with older women let alone women old enough to be their mothers?

I suppose Irene and Paris is the obvious example, although they never married.I think you'd have to go for Kim and Rachel for that, which is only a gap of about eight years.Steven, Haydn, Tug, Tom Nash, Jesse, Scott, Ric, Drew and Lucas all had obviously older girlfriends/flings.I agree though that it's far more common the other way round and it's reached the point where it's barely worth commenting on.

Phil proposing to Marilyn did seem extremely abrupt but the way they delayed the actual acceptance does make it seem more acceptable.I quite like Simon and Toni.

Shame that this time next week they'll all be gone, for good bar Marilyn.

So Damian's fully onboard with the Rosses but again the way it happened worked and Pippa was right that they needed to either accept him wholeheartedly or let him go.Again, Michael works as a very effective flawed hero, who takes time to do the right thing but gets there in the end.Ignoring foreknowledge, Pippa's pregnancy was a nice joyous family moment.(I believe that the ending of that storyline wasn't decided until pretty late in the day so that's all anyone would have known at this point.)Sally standing up to Shane was brilliant if incredibly lopsided in terms of weight category.

Don giving Lou a long overdue haul over the coals was a very welcome moment.Seems like she's finally chosen Nick but then it's seemed that way several other times as well.

How many young men in Summer Bay marry or even go with older women let alone women old enough to be their mothers?

I suppose Irene and Paris is the obvious example, although they never married.I think you'd have to go for Kim and Rachel for that, which is only a gap of about eight years.Steven, Haydn, Tug, Tom Nash, Jesse, Scott, Ric, Drew and Lucas all had obviously older girlfriends/flings.I agree though that it's far more common the other way round and it's reached the point where it's barely worth commenting on.

Phil proposing to Marilyn did seem extremely abrupt but the way they delayed the actual acceptance does make it seem more acceptable.I quite like Simon and Toni.

Shame that this time next week they'll all be gone, for good bar Marilyn.

So Damian's fully onboard with the Rosses but again the way it happened worked and Pippa was right that they needed to either accept him wholeheartedly or let him go.Again, Michael works as a very effective flawed hero, who takes time to do the right thing but gets there in the end.Ignoring foreknowledge, Pippa's pregnancy was a nice joyous family moment.(I believe that the ending of that storyline wasn't decided until pretty late in the day so that's all anyone would have known at this point.)Sally standing up to Shane was brilliant if incredibly lopsided in terms of weight category.

Don giving Lou a long overdue haul over the coals was a very welcome moment.Seems like she's finally chosen Nick but then it's seemed that way several other times as well.

Haydn, Ric, Tug, Ric and Scott? Who did they date that were older than them?

Also, does anyone know when Tug returns?

I just wish this Ryan/Lou thing would end already. It was mildly interesting at first, now just so annoying, tedious and boring.

Archived