1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I remember the first time I saw those episodes thinking it was incredibly obvious that it was Damian rather than Shane who put the paint in Don's bag:It's very noticeable that he repeatedly says Shane didn't do it but never once says that he didn't do it.I can see the logic of Don not wanting Blake let down because of something Simon did but surely he could have made up something to punish Simon for?(Unless he secretly approved, even though he can't say so...)

The Ryan/Lou/Nick triangle continues to drag on.Oddly, it's starting to make for very uncomfortable viewing.Half the time Ryan's so smarmy you wonder why Lou would even consider him an option but then he can switch just like that and act like a regular person.Lou's really not deserving of sympathy given she's sneaking around behind Nick's back.That said, while we know the reason is more complicated than it appears, it's not surprising Lou would be annoyed at Nick postponing the wedding for the sake of his career.Still, Nick does seem to be the closest thing to a good guy in this scenario.Hard to fault Marilyn for happening to wander through the same stretch of wood as the cheats, aside from announcing her presence or trying to tiptoe past it's hard to see what else she could do and they've now put her in a very awkward position.

I'd completely forgotten Adam was the one to tip Bobby off about Marilyn's distress, another sign of the rather touching bond between them.Greg's out of line here:I can understand him being upset at his things being moved out but at the end of the day, he's a tenant and he doesn't have the right to move Marilyn's things out of her own house to make room for his.His comment about paying the mortgage makes it sound like Marilyn doesn't work which clearly isn't true.(It's possible he earns more than her as a skilled worker but Bobby owns her own business so she probably owns more than him.)

Ah, first appearance of Christopher since the point I started watching the show.Only took about two months.Still no sign of Duncan so the constant references to him must have been very confusing at the time.

I remember the first time I saw those episodes thinking it was incredibly obvious that it was Damian rather than Shane who put the paint in Don's bag:It's very noticeable that he repeatedly says Shane didn't do it but never once says that he didn't do it.I can see the logic of Don not wanting Blake let down because of something Simon did but surely he could have made up something to punish Simon for?(Unless he secretly approved, even though he can't say so...)

The Ryan/Lou/Nick triangle continues to drag on.Oddly, it's starting to make for very uncomfortable viewing.Half the time Ryan's so smarmy you wonder why Lou would even consider him an option but then he can switch just like that and act like a regular person.Lou's really not deserving of sympathy given she's sneaking around behind Nick's back.That said, while we know the reason is more complicated than it appears, it's not surprising Lou would be annoyed at Nick postponing the wedding for the sake of his career.Still, Nick does seem to be the closest thing to a good guy in this scenario.Hard to fault Marilyn for happening to wander through the same stretch of wood as the cheats, aside from announcing her presence or trying to tiptoe past it's hard to see what else she could do and they've now put her in a very awkward position.

I'd completely forgotten Adam was the one to tip Bobby off about Marilyn's distress, another sign of the rather touching bond between them.Greg's out of line here:I can understand him being upset at his things being moved out but at the end of the day, he's a tenant and he doesn't have the right to move Marilyn's things out of her own house to make room for his.His comment about paying the mortgage makes it sound like Marilyn doesn't work which clearly isn't true.(It's possible he earns more than her as a skilled worker but Bobby owns her own business so she probably owns more than him.)

Ah, first appearance of Christopher since the point I started watching the show.Only took about two months.Still no sign of Duncan so the constant references to him must have been very confusing at the time.

I think Don secretly approved which is why he let Simon off with a warning. Don might be a hard taskmaster but he really does care about his students.

He was credited as being played by Shaun Wood this week yet on the BTTB episode guide Shaun doesn't come in for a couple of weeks yet. I'm confused

Not long to go until we reach the

hot, steamy sex scenes between Ryan and Lucinda in the caravan park at ungodly hours of the night.

I missed those scenes when they were originally broadcast all those years ago because I had the video recorder on Nine at the time, by accident.

Phil Bryant is too busy perving on Marilyn's large breasts instead of the road when he is driving, so he has an accident, and gets stuck into her from now on until she leaves the show despite the age difference. Meanwhile, Damian chickens out of breaking into the Surf Club with Shane but is caught sneaking around outside the house by Michael anyway.

Archived