1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

How many episodes is it going to take for Bobby and Greg to get married it seems to be taking awhile. I hope they get married soon. Poor Sam getting his fingers stuck down the plug hole what were they doing down there in the first place thats what I'd like to know

How many episodes is it going to take for Bobby and Greg to get married it seems to be taking awhile. I hope they get married soon. Poor Sam getting his fingers stuck down the plug hole what were they doing down there in the first place thats what I'd like to know

Yes I noticed this too, but I love the slow pace it's quite refreshing compared to current episodes.

I think it was Tuesday's episode where Marilyn told Bobby she was getting married "tomorrow". By the end of Friday's episode they still hadn't made it to the wedding! The funny thing is, despite this slow pace, it's not boring, and there's plenty going on.

Loved the ending to Friday's episode. All that tension and humour of Simon trying to sneak the girl out of the house without Alf seeing her, you were almost relived when he finally opened the front door, only for Ailsa to be standing there! Did other people expect that? Because I thought it was a funny twist!

Yes I noticed this too, but I love the slow pace it's quite refreshing compared to current episodes.

I think it was Tuesday's episode where Marilyn told Bobby she was getting married "tomorrow". By the end of Friday's episode they still hadn't made it to the wedding! The funny thing is, despite this slow pace, it's not boring, and there's plenty going on.

Loved the ending to Friday's episode. All that tension and humour of Simon trying to sneak the girl out of the house without Alf seeing her, you were almost relived when he finally opened the front door, only for Ailsa to be standing there! Did other people expect that? Because I thought it was a funny twist!

I watch the videos on youtube and the first comment said busted. So I knew he didn't get away with it. However the whole thing was very well done.

So we're back to the old bully's argument of "If I say it's funny, no-one's allowed to say it isn't"?If the best you can say about the guy is "At least he didn't hit her", then that doesn't really say much.And what do you mean "bit of her own medicine"?I'm happy to be corrected but when did Sophie ever go out of her way to hurt someone for a cheap laugh?

What I'm saying is: Simon's act of violence was an overreaction, Sophie brought her problems on herself in the first place (and has no regrets and is not sorry) and could at least accept that actions have consequences, and she is no better than the pregnant teenage alley cat, just because David conveniently died is no free ticket to make it alright.

^Apart from the bit about the "pregnant teenage alley cat"(because I'm not altogether sure what it means), I can't really argue with that, although I think Sophie has kind of accepted that her ever expanding uterus and the child that'll be emerging from it in a couple of weeks qualify as consequences.It'd be hard not to.

So, caught up on the last week.It's odd, I was convinced that Sophie and Sally didn't have much to do with each other during this period but it seems I was quite wrong.Their shenanigans over trying to cover up the ruined dress were actually quite sweet and amusing, although the storyline just kind of fizzled out once Pippa found out and we haven't seen Sal since.They lose out on the comedy double act of the week award to Nick and Donald though, whose odd couple buddy cop banter while searching for Shane was brilliantly crafted.Don eating fast food!

"You broke my nose!"Funny how some lines stick in your mind, Damian genuinely beating Tug is one of those scenes I can remember as if it was yesterday, even when it wasn't.So, that's the last we see of Tug, for a few months anyway.

I did mostly remember Simon's storyline so Ailsa turning up wasn't that big a shock and, in a roundabout way, this is kind of the first step to his departure.Was there any reason why he couldn't just usher his date out of the door in the first place instead of hiding her in his bedroom?

More of Ryan being a cad, which as usual seems to amount to the audience being given evidence of stuff they already know and the characters still not getting it.Oh-and the Sunset Beachesque pacing in Bobby and Greg's very long wedding day.I get the feeling they were trying to build Bobby and Greg up as the new golden couple and expected the audience to be on tenterhooks willing things to go right for them as they lurch from disaster to disaster.Might have worked at the time but perhaps feels a bit weird in retrospect.

When I said "pregnant teenage alley cat" I meant that along the lines of one who has the morals of an alley cat.

Regarding Bobby's wedding, I would have had a good mind to have that nurse at the front desk reported to the Health Services Board for negligence for her spiteful, bitchy attitude on top of the ignorance of the fact Sam(antha) needed "his" finger removed from the drainhole. So what if Mr Fisher mouthed we were in a hurry. You have a duty — DO IT!!! That is what the nurse is bloody well paid to do WITH OUR FRIGGIN' TAXES!!!!

As for Simon and that girl, why is Alf making such a big deal about it, is it because he and Blake lied? And why would they need to lie, are they not allowed to have dates??? I thought it was normal for teenagers to have dates?

So excited to see the arrival of my all time favourite Home & Away character Shane Parish today! I was in my early teens when Shane (Dieter Brummer) first arrived and it wasn't long before I had posters of him all over my walls and on my school books lol.

Yep, except Dieter Brummer was clearly wandering around in a SB High uniform as a pupil extra in the first episodes when Damian went to school. Just have a rewatch and you'll see him, more than once.

I did think the comic routine where Simon was trying to get the girl out of the house, and almost succeeded until Ailsa appeared was quite well done, yes.

Archived