1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Is it any wonder Dee Smart complained about the show. She must of got her scripts every time and not even needed to learn it. How many times can it go round in circles. If we're bored watching it, imagine how boring it must of been to keep doing the same old trash. Especially as Lucinda had the potential to be a really good character.

So excited to see the arrival of my all time favourite Home & Away character Shane Parish today! I was in my early teens when Shane (Dieter Brummer) first arrived and it wasn't long before I had posters of him all over my walls and on my school books lol. Over the years he was in the show he became my favourite and remains my all time favourite nearly 20 years after his last appearance! His first scene with Alf was priceless! lol!

I remember being like you, LOL. I must have been 13 or 14 when he first showed up.

Sophie did my head in by exploiting Sally's guilt for her own advantage. I'm glad that's over though.

I think the Home and Away writers made a big mistake making Sophie pregnant. Its really sucked the life out of her character the last 8 months IMHO. I liked the exchange between Shane and Sophie those two might have made an interesting couple. Well at least until Angel arrives.

I agree. But to be fair it was a last minute decision and I don't think they thought it through.

This week- Slightly better following the arrival of SHANE!!!!!!!

I like the hair.

Plus more Nick/Lou/Ryan Drama. BORING!!!!

Wasn't expecting to see Shane this week either, I thought the Damian/Tug stuff was long over by the time he turned up.Mind you, it probably will be soon at the rate they're zipping through the storyline: I thought there was a few episodes between the staged fight and Damian turning class protector but instead it happened straightaway.Interesting that the show had Shane helping Sophie in his first episode, seemingly as a way of reassuring the audience that he's not all bad since it's going to be a bit hard to tell from henceforth.

Not sure I entirely agree with the comments on Sophie, she's still got that feisty edge to her although the pregnancy, and eventual motherhood, does restrict her storylines somewhat.In a way though, that's good to see, given soaps have a tendency to gloss over such things and pack children off screen so the parents can carry on as normal.(Really, they must shut Christopher and Duncan in a cupboard somewhere for weeks on end.Watching these episodes for the first time, it took me months to work out that they even existed let alone who exactly they belonged to.)I liked the final chat between Sophie and Sally and that there was actually an attempt to explain Sophie's behaviour beyond her just being lazy, it ended up being quite a sweet moment between them.

And woah, Adam actually mentioned the fact that Matt had left!No explanation as to when, where and why but at least they're not pretending he never existed.I've got something of a soft spot for Adam and Bobby's friendship and it was good to see it brought into focus here with her going to bat for him over the kiosk job.I remember mildly shipping them around this time, it might have made for a more interesting pairing than putting her with the slightly bland Greg.

Sadly, the Nick blaming Ryan storyline played out exactly as I predicted.And we don't even get to see what Nick did to Blake and Simon, although his hanging around with a hammer makes more sense when we learn the kiosk is being refurbished.Subtle character point that it took me a while to twig:Blake and Simon think Ryan's being a good friend for not landing them in it when in reality he can't do so without admitting he was in on it.At least Adam's decided he doesn't trust the guy as far as he can throw him.

Archived