1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I can't help it but I'm feeling a bit bored by this week. There's just seems to be endless to ing and fro ing going on. Sophie and baby, Finn and Irene, Nick Luc, Ryan. They all seem to be going around and around in circles. And looks like it wont be the end for quite some time.

Will that be the end of Fisher's orignal set now?

^ Let's not forget, she willingly surrendered herself to David.

Also, The week of 986-90 has been pretty great.

Jacquy does a good job as complete alkie bitch Irene and the scenes with Damo fleeing have been brilliant. The Surf club stuff is a nice little subplot that basically foreshadows the revamp it will get this season when the Rosses get more involved.

Was laughing at the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-esque car stunt and Alf mentioning "The Black and White Minstrel Show" (Which the BBC will NEVER live down to this day).

I'm glad H&A '92 is slowly returning to somewhat comedic subplots after Blake/Meg dominated for like 6-8wks.

Finally managed to watch up to 990.Well, it does feel like some sort of progress on the Irene/Damian storyline after it's been treading water for a bit, Irene's well and truly dropped the reformed character act and Damian's on his way to Summer Bay even if he hasn't got there yet.

Ryan is fast losing any redeeming features, watching him try to manipulate Sophie made for very uncomfortable viewing and it's reached the point where he's very obviously only doing it to win points with Lou rather than any altruistic reason.Ironically, at the same time Nick seems to be seriously overstepping the mark in the aggression stakes, threatening to kill Ryan in a fairly graphic manner.While I think Sophie was being selfish and irrational in not letting Mary visit, you'd have thought Lou would be a bit more cautious about pressuring her given that that never seems to end well.In the end, Sophie did cope with it fairly well.Until she suddenly decides to resort to petty theft, which was a dumb move.And we actually got an acknowledgement that Sophie had a mother!Wonders will never cease.

And yes, I believe we have now seen the last of Don's original house.

It's hard to believe that after 20 years Irene is the most recpected person in the Bay!.

And ignored! :closedeyes: At least original Irene could never be ignored lol.

I don't remember seeing Julia leaving. Was her final scene releasing the ballon with Blake? (I may have fell asleep and missed a bit).

I like Fisher's new house, it's very light and modern (for the 90s) and feels like a real house. I liked his original house too but it very much felt and looked like a set. It's a shame to lose it though. We are now 4 years on from the pilot and already we are down to only 2 remaining original sets (The Stewart House and the Fletcher House - although Fisher's house wasn't seen until late 1988 I still count it as an original set. In the same vain I should probably count the surf club as an original set but I don't, as I believe it wasn't shown until 1989?)

Speaking of the surf club, I am guessing with this story of it facing closure, we are approaching the first of many surf club rennovations.

I don't remember seeing Julia leaving. Was her final scene releasing the ballon with Blake? (I may have fell asleep and missed a bit).

Slightly bizarrely, Julia had one scene in Episode 984, where Alf's meant to be giving her a lift to the station and they have a farewell chat by the car.

20 years on, the Fletcher/Ross/Nash/Sutherland/Fletcher again/Copeland/Stewart house is still there and doesn't really look that different.(The original Stewart house goes the way of the dodo in 2000 though.)

Bit behind. Just saw up to 990. What is sophie like! Got only knows what she would be like if she had Chloe's luck and Mary was Diana! I always thought Irene was so horrible to her children because she was always so drunk and it was like a neglect thing. And when she stopped drinking she was nicer and felt bad about the way she treated them. But half the time it doesn't seem that the blame is with alcohol in these episodes. She's just really nasty and manipulative.

Archived