1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

What Julia said to Blake was harsh but very true. Blake will find someone else and find love again- Julia on the other hand has lost her Only child. She will have to live with that pain for the rest of her life.

The Finlay drama has been interesting this week and its great to see the return of Damian and fake Irene. I'm glad the writers are going back to this story because it is fascinating.

Also in 982 we had our first change in the opening titles!!!

Jacqy Phillips' Irene is scary stuff!!!! Even though Lynne McGranger did a fantastic job of portraying Irene almost exactly the same as Jacqy when she took over the role, right down to the mannerisms (when I was a child I don't think I even realised she had been recast). But having said that I think Lynne's Irene wasn't just quite as hard as nails as Jacqy's, and not because she was off the booze by that point.

For anyone interested Jacqy has a successful stage and film career and this is a recent pic of her.

http://theatrevibe.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/jacqy-phillips-foreground-peter-green-background.jpg

I doubt we will ever know why she never came back to play Irene, I hope she doesn't regret that choice but if she had who knows what would have happened, we may have only had Irene for a couple of years rather than 20+.

Jacqy Phillips' Irene is scary stuff!!!! Even though Lynne McGranger did a fantastic job of portraying Irene almost exactly the same as Jacqy when she took over the role, right down to the mannerisms (when I was a child I don't think I even realised she had been recast). But having said that I think Lynne's Irene wasn't just quite as hard as nails as Jacqy's, and not because she was off the booze by that point.

For anyone interested Jacqy has a successful stage and film career and this is a recent pic of her.

http://theatrevibe.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/jacqy-phillips-foreground-peter-green-background.jpg

I doubt we will ever know why she never came back to play Irene, I hope she doesn't regret that choice but if she had who knows what would have happened, we may have only had Irene for a couple of years rather than 20+.

That's interesting. I could never find anything about Jacqy. I'm glad she's still acting.

Old school Irene is a very nasty person! Its amazing at the way Irene has evolved over the years. The storyline involving Finlay, Damian and Irene is very interesting.

I'm for Team Ryan. He may be very crafty and manipulative but if he's trying to break up the worlds most boring couple, then I'm barracking for him.

The Bobby/Greg drama is meh-I'm finding this storyline boring atm.

Seen up to 985.Maybe it's the result of looking at it in retrospect but it feels like the Irene/Damian storyline is crawling along at snails pace and it doesn't help that it's now crawling along without any involvement from the main characters, with Damian still not having made it to Summer Bay thanks to the absurd sight of a couple of non-speaking police officers bringing him back to the house like they're delivering the mail and trying to make their standing there like lemons seem natural.

Also, I think I'm on Nick's side here.95% of the underhand behaviour is coming from Ryan and the other 5% is Nick playing him at his own game because if he's honest Ryan will twist it.Nick's being a bit too aggressive and if he can't trust Lou not to go off with Ryan then they've got problems but Ryan's increasingly losing his redeeming features and just coming across as a slimeball, with every scene ending with him smirking when things go his way or sulking when they don't.Even his helping Sophie is more and more obviously just a way to curry favour with Lou.

I'm being reminded what a tool Greg was, first he blows up at Don for no reason, then he decides to get himself and Bobby into debt for something she doesn't really want, telling her it's none of her business where he gets the money, apparently oblivious to the fact that when they get married his financial problems will be her financial problems.

Oh dear, Sophie's going crazy again.I keep waiting for some decent explanation as to why she doesn't want to see Mary but each one seems to make less sense than the last.We're currently stuck with "She'll know more about babies than me so people will think she should look after the baby."Er, come again?Doesn't everyone's mother-in-law know more than them during their first pregnancy, regardless of age?

Les Hill is doing a decent job of continuing to play Blake as subdued, even when it isn't necessarily in the script.

(until the power went out, an off-screen act of sabotage, the person who cut the power wasn't even caught)

Wasn't it explained that the power company turned it off because they hadn't paid the bill?(Mind you, they seemed to leave the light in the entrance on...)

Archived