1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

It was good that Blake apologised to Julia in the hospital for getting so worked up and making a scene, but am I the only one who thought an apology was necessary from Julia too? Telling Blake to "get out of my house" when Meg collapsed was uncalled for, as was refusing to let him ride in the ambulance. I know her concern was Meg and she understandably wouldn't have been considering Blake's feelings at the time, but she could still have apologised later. It is no wonder that he got worked up into the state that he was in after seeing his girlfriend stop breathing and then being shut out as they went to hospital and rudely told to go away. Quite why he was made to feel he was the only one in the wrong is beyond me.

Rachel1990, you don't say! Poor Meg, she is an innocent victim of this cruel and terrible cancer, she faces a death sentence even though she did absolutely nothing wrong. And yes, poor Blake too, while I can never understand why he in particular so quickly "fell in love" with Meg (the guys would be queuing up in real life, she is such a princess!), he is going through hell and unlike in 1992 when I first saw these episodes (in parts), I have to admit, neither he nor Meg or Julia deserve this.

While I am glad they got their time together at that posh hotel in Sydney (after a lot of begging against Alf's wild prejudices and "moral" bull****) I do wish she and Blake were allowed to sleep in the same bed in her last days, just for the sake of getting as much happiness as possible out of her short life.

Caught up to 970.Fin was beyond annoying this week.She was lucky she managed to hitch a ride home with the only guy present with any sense of responsibility and that he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer.Bobby annoyed me pandering to her and giving her somewhere to stay:It undermined Michael and Pippa(and Greg for that matter)and any comparisons with the young Bobby's situation are flawed.I was also frustrated at Michael and Pippa letting Randy guilt trip them:They didn't handle the situation perfectly but they gave Fin plenty of chances and she threw them back in their faces.The fostering offer was an odd compromise but I guess it does contain Fin's implicit agreement to respect them as parental figures.I think we're all a bit too used to the 2000-2009 Pippa, who was never on the show long enough to do anything other than pop up, do her calm maternal bit and then leave.It's easy to forget that when she was a regular she was as flawed as everyone else and she could be harsh at times right through the 90s.(I remember her coming down hard on the likes of Steven and Shannon, perhaps harder than they deserved, a lot later.)

I actually found myself siding with Julia a couple of times this week, Meg did seem to be digging her heels in and doing herself more harm than good by refusing to accept she needed help.We do seem to have moved past the point of the group being divided into different sides, every time I think they're going to end up at odds again they calm down and accept they're all on the same side pretty quickly.I've read in some places that Meg was too weak to, ahem, "spend time" with Blake but that's definitely not the impression I got here and it's not what was said years later.Guess we'll see what the exact time scale is for this week.Maybe Meg lasts a couple of days longer than expected or maybe it does just cover three days.

Not sure how I feel about Ryan's manipulation of Sophie.Much of what he told her sounded like baloney(although he had that photo of David and Sophie, so possibly he was telling the truth about David writing to him about her), but it did seem effective in helping her accept her daughter for the right reasons.Ends justify the means?(Also hard not to suspect he's doing it to curry favour with Lou and/or the rest of town rather than for altruistic reasons.Er, doing the right thing for the wrong reasons?)Not sure.

No, Red, I perfectly remember 1992-98 Pippa. I'm one of a handful of people that does.

Rachel1990, you don't say! Poor Meg, she is an innocent victim of this cruel and terrible cancer, she faces a death sentence even though she did absolutely nothing wrong. And yes, poor Blake too, while I can never understand why he in particular so quickly "fell in love" with Meg (the guys would be queuing up in real life, she is such a princess!), he is going through hell and unlike in 1992 when I first saw these episodes (in parts), I have to admit, neither he nor Meg or Julia deserve this.

While I am glad they got their time together at that posh hotel in Sydney (after a lot of begging against Alf's wild prejudices and "moral" bull****) I do wish she and Blake were allowed to sleep in the same bed in her last days, just for the sake of getting as much happiness as possible out of her short life.

A lot of people have moral bull****, as you so elegantly put it. I personally believe that it's wrong for two people to live together or sleep in the same bed before marriage, if they are dating.

A lot of people have moral bull****, as you so elegantly put it. I personally believe that it's wrong for two people to live together or sleep in the same bed before marriage, if they are dating.

Yeah Matty but it's no excuse to impose this dogma on everyone else's life, and SECONDLY, this is Meg's last days we're talking about, how dare you deny her her last wish!! Matty, are you a supporter of that dried up ol' sister of Alf's, Vinegar Tits?

Sometimes flamin' Alf needs to pull them into line, especially when something really really stinks, like someone being denied their dying wish because of nothing more a few precious moral standards I mean it wasn't for the good of her health that she was denied sleeping with Blake on their last night together

Archived