Love Me Like You Do

Laura2015

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments.

Chapter Three

Pushing opening the door of her hotel room, Amber let out a sigh and pulled her suitcase inside. She was staying in a local hotel to the Bay. Yawning she placed the suitcase down onto the bed before she began exploring the suite she had been assigned. It seemed the surname of Taylor-Bennett automatically bought you a upgraded hotel room. She wished that didn’t happen but it always seemed to happen. Okay so her face was famous, she was part of a famous family but she wished sometimes that wasn’t the case.

Taking her phone out, she sent a quick text message to her mother to let her know she had arrived safe. She knew Leona would be waiting for her to ring her and let her know she had arrived safety in Sydney. Over the last twenty four hours she had decided to stay until Friday morning, this was so she could look at houses out here too. She didn’t really want neighbours, she had decided, but she wanted to be able to be within ten/fifteen minutes walk of the Bay.

The rest of the afternoon she chilled in her room but at the back of her mind was the folder she had been trying to ignore. But it was haunting her, it was pulling her towards it – it was the elephant in the room. She hated that but she knew the only way was to confront it. Sighing she walked over to her laptop case and took the folder out. It still shocked her to the core; she didn’t know what to do about it and wondered if her siblings had any ideas.

She was adopted. She was twenty three and someone had dropped a folder into her mailbox at home – it had not been a nice thing to receive. Opening the file, she took out the first item which was a birth certificate. She had been born Chelsea Braxton and she had a twin brother, Casey. If she was being true to herself she had always felt like a part of herself was missing. Now she understood why that was but her biological father was a master criminal who had been murdered by her twin brother. That scared the living daylights out of her but maybe there were circumstances around why that had happened?

Hearing her phone ringing, she let out a sigh as she retrieved the item. Seeing it was her mother she instantly connected the call.

“Hey, mum, everything okay?” she asked her mother, already missing the twins.

“Everything is fine. You at the hotel?”

“Yes just got here a short time ago. The restaurant doesn’t open until six so I thought I’d look at properties around here. See if anything new has come up,” Amber replied, not wanting to give it away the real reason why she had been here. She was hoping tomorrow afternoon after her interview to go and visit the gym or the restaurant that the man she thought was her brother owned.

“Is your dad still wanting to pay for that?”

“Yes and I know you’ve got a problem with that but at the end of the day he will still do it wither I agree or not. How are the twins? Did you get them from school okay?”

“There fine and Frankie is currently getting them changed. Two minutes I’ll get them and you can speak to them.”

Amber thanked her, she wanted to speak to her children. It had just gone quarter to five and they finished school at four. Frankie was her nanny and had been with her since the twins were ten months old – she had joined them two months before Amber had returned to work.

“Hi mummy, you there?” the sweet little voice of Alanna said.

“Yes I’m here, sweetie, you being good for grandma and Frankie?”

“Yes we went swimming at school. Grandma said we can go to the park after tea. Can we?”

“Sure but don’t forget to do your homework for Miss Theohold, and go to bed when grandma and Frankie tell you?” she asked her daughter who she knew was strong-willed.

God she missed them so much but she was doing the right thing for all of them. She hadn’t told Lucy the real reason why she had decided to move the Bay – she wanted the chance to get to know the Braxton’s. If she was being brutally honest she was absolutely furious with her parents for not telling her sooner. Amber quickly spoke to Gabriel as he was more interested in going to play and having his tea – which was pizza tonight.

Hanging up with her children, Amber looked around her hotel room and let out a sigh. She needed to get a move on and get changed.

*_*_*_*

“You look gorgeous, stop stressing.”

Ethan looked at his wife as they walked into the upmarket and expensive restaurant that Roman and Ricky had booked them in for the night. Tonight they were dining in Jewel, the new Italian restaurant that had been opened by Australian-Italian chef, Lorenzo Fletcher.

“I feel so fat,” Nicole moaned as she tugged on the hem of her maternity dress.

She was so much larger than she had been with Kiara and hated it. It had crossed her mind that maybe she could be carrying more than one baby, but surely that would have been picked up earlier? She was eighteen weeks and had another week before her scan with Nate at the hospital.

“You’re not, you’re pregnant and you look amazing.”

It was true she did look amazing. She was wearing a black, textured skater type skirt which came with a belt. She wished maternity clothes were better to the point she had been seriously thinking of opening a new maternity range. Entering the restaurant, they gave their names before they were lead over to a scheduled table where Roman and Ricky where waiting for them. Kissing and greeting was given before they all sat down around the table.

Skater_Dress_Black_01_1-0x500_zps7eitvdoSkater_Dress_Black_03_1-0x500_zps88cpkxy

During the meal they chattered about everything but what was the reason for Ricky and Roman asking to see them. It could have been a discussion they could have had at home but Ricky hadn’t wanted that.

“So what’s the mystery about? I mean there’s an elephant in the room and it’s something you haven’t discussed yet,” Nicole asked as she ate her white chocolate torte and vanilla ice cream.

“Your right there is,” Ricky told her.

“Well I’ve been offered a job in England,” Roman said quietly.

“What? Seriously?” replied Nicole, quiet shocked. She loved having her dad around and her dad had given her a baby sibling. Her mam, Natalie, had five years ago given birth to twins Harry and Hermione, and they lived in Brisbane with her husband.

“Yes and we wanted to talk to you about it first. The job is going to be based in Cheshire and it’s to be a full time chef to a multi-millionaire. Ricky had already started looking at jobs. If I accept the job then they want me to start in January. Their current chef wants to leave to start up his own business,” Roman told her.

This piece of information or news had taken Nicole aback. She didn’t want to lose her father or her baby sister, she saw them regularly and Brielle had recently starred in advert for her. With her having the baby she wanted to have Ricky, who she saw as her stepmother, to be here for her and the child. She had visualised her little girl or boy growing up with Brielle and them being the best of friends.

“Does that mean you’re going to cancel your wedding then?” Nicole asked, it being the next thing that came to her mind.

“Yes if we have to. Cheshire is a gorgeous county and we can always get married in England – there is some stunning locations. You can come and visit or even maybe think of expanding to England,” chipped in Ricky.

“What have you told your potential new employers? What about the restaurant here?”

Roman ran the restaurant at large country hotel about thirty minutes away from Summer Bay. He had worked hard to become the head chef but this would mean he would have regular hours, even if it did mean he would still need to get up at five to be at work for half five. If he accepted the job the job then they’d have to find a house but had been told there was two cottages on the property.

“It’s not mine out right and they can find a new head chef to run it, Nicole. We have thought long and hard but it’s something we think is a good opportunity. We will be located in the Cheshire house but could join them in their houses across the world. The wife of the gentleman had said all their homes have separate accommodation for staff in some way or form so Ricky and Brielle could travel with me.”

“I think you’ve made your mind up, dad, but what about you Ricky and your business?”

“I can sell my business and re-set up in England. There’s nothing keeping me here, Nicole, apart from you and Ethan. Your dad thinks this would be an amazing opportunity and I’m incline to agree. The people have bought the estate, have busy jobs and have decided to have someone to cook meals for them. It will give your dad the private experience he needs and maybe then we can set up our own business.”

“If it’s what you want then go for it,” Nicole said quietly. Of course she didn’t want to lose them but it wasn’t her place to tell them what to do, was it?

*_*_*_*_*

The next day

“So do you think this one?”

“Oh I don’t know.”

Ruby let out a sigh as she and Sapphire stood in one of the jewellery stores in Yabbie Creek. In the last two months there had been a large shopping centre opened and it was there today she was spending time with Sapphire. The two had always been close but since she had announced her engagement, she had felt some kind of tension between them.

“Sappy do you have a problem with me?” she asked her sister, best friend and the person who acted as her PA.

“No why?”

“Because you seemed to be different since we arrived home. Is it to do with the wedding?” Ruby asked her as pointed to one of the other items of jewellery.

“Why would you ask me that?”

“I don’t know, you were so happy for me when me and Romeo got engaged but you’ve been cold ever since we left Paris. Tell me, what’s the matter?”

They were twins and she could read her like a book. Sapphire was so important to her and she couldn’t imagine life without her. She realised that she couldn’t manage being on the road without her – the last tour she had gotten through because of her.

“It’s nothing, Ruby.”

“Obviously it’s not because you’ve been different ever since we arrived home. You were quiet at dinner yesterday in the diner.”

Ruby watched as Sapphire sighed and she knew she had hit the nail on the head; something was bothering her – she knew her sister.

“Fine I’m jealous of you and Romeo.”

“What? Why?” Ruby asked, shocked. Sapphire was the last person she thought would be jealous, in fact she thought she’d be happy for her.

“Because you’re engaged, you’re going to be married in two weeks and, well, everyone knew you and Romeo would get married from the moment you were eighteen. I don’t know if Niall will ever ask me.”

“Hey Niall loves you so much and he will ask you. He’s been my tour manager for the last six years and I’ve never seen him happier than with you.”

“Really?” Sapphire asked her. For a few months now she had been feeling insecure about her relationship with Niall, but instead of talking to him about it she had been bottling up her feelings.

“Yes seriously. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t proposes over Christmas, maybe he is trying not to overshadow me and Romeo. Now are you going to help me choose presents for mam, Mink and our siblings?” she asked her.

“Yes and I’m sorry.”

“Hey we all get in secure at times, it’s natural but don’t forget he loves you and our family does, too.”

Sapphire smiled and hugged her sister before they began to really look at some of the items in the store. They went into a further three shops before Ruby finally found the perfect gift for her mother, that completed the presents she would be giving out at the reception. The two girls then decided to head home for the evening.

Great chapter

Interesting twist that Amber was adopted and born as Chelsea Braxton.

I had a feeling Sapphire was jealous of Ruby and Romeo.

I look forward to more.

Update again soon :)

• 1 month later...

Archived