New interview with Gavin Harrison, who played Revhead

adamg

I recently interviewed Gavin Harrison at length regarding his time on "Home and Away", "A Country Practice" and other Australian shows he worked on in the '80s and '90s. He also spoke about his U.S. work on "Diagnosis Murder" and "Chicago Hope", and what he's up to now.

Gavin reflected on the character Morris "Revhead" Gibson, cast members he liked working with, and his thoughts on the show.

http://www.adamgerace.com/2015/02/07/calm-life-mind/

I hope that you enjoy it.

Adam :D

Excellent interview! I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

I always enjoyed the character of Revhead even though he was supposed to be an unlikeable character to viewers. I found him to be a complex but a nasty character often. Probably the first big villain of the show along with Dodge.

Well done on conducting an excellent interview! :)

Excellent interview! I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

I always enjoyed the character of Revhead even though he was supposed to be an unlikeable character to viewers. I found him to be a complex but a nasty character often. Probably the first big villain of the show along with Dodge.

Well done on conducting an excellent interview! :)

Thank you! I agree with you. I had remembered Revhead mostly as being the big villain or bad boy of the early years. His first scenes involving Adam "stealing" his car to distract Revhead and his friends from bothering a few of the girls had stuck in my mind for some reason. But when I re-watched some of the Revhead episodes in preparation for the interview (first time I'd seen them since they were first on), particularly those involving Naomi Watts, I realised that he was much more, as you say, complex, and not just a character who served the purpose of causing trouble and taking Karen down a dark road. You actually like him to some extent and think that, in some ways, he just can't help himself.

Blast from the past! Thanks!

Most welcome :)

Archived