Angelo's - The only place in town

gutterboy

Ok, this has bothered me for years now, but have never bothered to post about it for now.

Ever since Angelo's appeared in the bay it's the ONLY place people ever eat at when they go out "somewhere nice". I can't recall anyone EVER eating any place else (other than the diner of course or if they were out of the city such as in Melbourne) since it was built. There has been many an occasion when people "talked" about going to another restaurant, but they for one reason or another never actually did. I think it was last season, Bianca and Zac were out on the balcony and they even made a joke about it lol..... Bianca said something like "blah blah, yeah, Angelo's is the only place in town" or something.

...it's not even just food either. Whenever there is ever a need for a function, it's always always Angelo's.

I am SO sick of that location, I really wish the place would burn down or something lol

I miss the weddings just being held in the Surf Club proper, but I suppose it would be hard for them to realistically show the Surf Club renting the space out for functions as everyone has to access Angelo's through there - they did it with one of the school formals, but you wouldn't want all and sundry walking through your wedding reception. The Diner must be missing the income from all the event catering they used to do as well.

I have never liked The Angelo's, because I think it has taken The Diner's place in the show. It gets too much focus. The Braxtons and their ladies and "friends" are separated from the rest in the Angelo's.

But then, I have also never liked the "new" Diner which has existed since 2010 season. I miss the older versions of the Diner which seemed big enough to be the only Diner in the town. The newer version isn't big enough to host community meetings or parties. The newer version is like a small restaurant in a big city, and feels to urban for a small town like Summer Bay.

I really want the focus on the happenings in the Diner again.

I think there is a place for both The Diner and Angelos as I see them being quite different in character.

The Diner is where people drop in for a cup of coffee or collect lunch etc. It's an informal venue. Angelos is a more formal venue for Dinner functions and the occasional live band.

I do think that over the last couple of years the Diner has been underused and I hope I'm detecting a trend to more of it being used for informal chance encounters between community members.

I don't have a problem with Angelo's as such, I just wish it wasn't used quite so much. We barely see the Diner in comparision...

Also, isn't it time to change the name? Angelo left years ago...although I certainly don't want it changed to something ridiculous like "Brax's" or anything Braxton related.

I like Angelos as the show was in need of a proper restaurant and I think it works very well in the current show. After all Summer Bay is a small town so how many restaurants can there be in one small town unless people are thinking of Yabbie Creek which is depicted as a bigger town than Summer Bay.

I'm not overly fond of the current diner that has been existed since early 2010 but the Diner deserves a little more exposure than it has received recently and I would be quite satisfied to see it revamped again. It's lost its spark for mine!

Archived