Was Pippa's exit done the right way?

beau_t

Why would the ax Roger Oakley? Isn´t he a good and respected actor?

I think if Pippa had stayed she would have had repeating storylines finding another husband and losing another husband.

Which is the reason why they wont have Leah marry again. It would be too much of a repeat!.

I´m sure Leah will end up marrying Zack :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing Debra thought "If Pippa marries Ian, odds are he will die within the next few years, so I gotta get out!"

Did she ever marry Ian offscren?

Which is the reason why they wont have Leah marry again. It would be too much of a repeat!.

I´m sure Leah will end up marrying Zack :)

It depends how long Charlie wants to stay I guess. For example, if he is making noises about leaving, it's not worth it. The smart thing to do would be to sign him up for a 3 year contract and have him and Leah marry pretty much right at that the start of that. At least they should get 3 years out of it then :wink:

I'm guessing Debra thought "If Pippa marries Ian, odds are he will die within the next few years, so I gotta get out!"

Did she ever marry Ian offscren?

Sal took off for a couple of weeks for the wedding in '99, If I remember correctly.

Were any reasons ever given for the decision? This really does surprise me, for a number of reasons:

• Why would TPTB write the deaths of two main characters so close together if they could have avoided it as it generally takes the impact away from it. I remember Shane died not long before :unsure:

Dieter quit (super-sick of the show and his on-screen wife at that point and the feeling was mutual) and he wanted his character to have a definite exit. And with Debra and Dennis' believable chemistry, I don't think people would have swallowed a Michael/Pippa split even though they got pretty damn close in 1994 (probably the most dramatic that happened that year).

It depends how long Charlie wants to stay I guess. For example, if he is making noises about leaving, it's not worth it. The smart thing to do would be to sign him up for a 3 year contract and have him and Leah marry pretty much right at that the start of that. At least they should get 3 years out of it then :wink:

I hope that happens, i really like Zack, i think Charlie is a really good actor :) What if Leah, Zack and Vj leaves the bay together happily ever after?

Oh silly me, now i´m going off topic, sorry! I will let this discussion end now :)

Archived