Was Pippa's exit done the right way?

beau_t

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were any reasons ever given for the decision? This really does surprise me, for a number of reasons:

• Why would TPTB write the deaths of two main characters so close together if they could have avoided it as it generally takes the impact away from it. I remember Shane died not long before :unsure:
  • Why would they do it to Pippa again if it could be avoided? In the case of Leah, I don't think it could be as both Ryan and Tim chose to leave.
  • I've not seen that much of Michael, but I thought him and Pippa were quite a popular couple. I personally preferred Tom and Pippa #1 as a couple, but Michael and Pippa #2 were longer-running. In many ways they were the stability of Summer Bay House while all the youngers came and went every few years. It's a shame that didn't continue. Did they not learn from axing Roger Oakley?

I always just assumed his reasons for leaving would have been something along the lines of Debra and Dennis wanting at least one stay-at-home parent.

Archived