Characters who left too soon

Homeandawayfan.

^ Colleen, albeit in the same age bracket as Floss, probably Younger, was more like Celia, only much less uptight.

Tom not being dead would just be too unbelievable even for today's show and just undo the emotion attached. His ghost visit to Sally was well done without retreating into soap opera corniness but let's not undo an emotional departure.

In real life both the actresses are the same age, 1936 i believe but in the show i have no idea what their age is

I agree, his ghost visit to Sally was very special. I never watched Home and Away pre 2000 but i did know about all these characters like Tom and Pippa so it was emotional. And Sally wanting to go into the ligh so she could meet Flynn. Talking about characters who left to soon. Flynn should have stayed on the show longer, until the time Sally wanted to leave then they could both get a happy ending. Flynn dying was to painfull and sad cause i loved his character ): Also the same with Jack, he left way to soon, he could have stayed as a cop in the show for many years to come. His death was way to surprising and left a big sad time for me as a fan of the show and his character ): I wasn´t looking at show spoilers back then so i had no idea he was leaving the show

Duncan and VJ have been SORASed, and the only other long-term baby Home and Away have had is Pippa. I stopped watching after early 2006, so I don't know if she was SORASed or not.

Yeah, Pippa got SORASed when she came back in 2013 and was suddenly in high school. Ok what does SORASed mean? Yeah it´s weird that she suddenly went to high school but i do think the actress did a good job, i recently saw her in the show Secret and Lies which i also think she did a good job but the shocking ending was horrible. I have to ask, do they really have prison for childs in Australia? O:

I´m surprised that they start at high school so soon in Australia, in most countries people start when they are 14 or 16, not like 12 in UK we start secondary (high school) at 11 but going back to Pippa yeah i think they SORASED her by a couple of years I think she was really only supposed to be about 9

In our country we have a school we go to from 1 to 7 grade, then another one from 8 to 10 then high school in uk its primary from age 5 to 11 then secondary til 16 then most go to college til 18

I always thought Vinnie left to soon loved his character and would of been awesome to see him get to be a dad

Charlie was another one she didn't have the smoothest ride would of been nice to see her happy

Casey

Ruby

I kind of thought Miles left way to early I liked him

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Floss should have come back more often or returned as a regular for a few more years in 2000.

I think Floss was born before 1936. In a 1988 episode her and Nev celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary, and it was suggested that Floss was born in about 1926, not 1936, making her 89 this year. In a Feb 1988 episode Nev was said to be 60 odd.

This means Floss was about 81/82 in 2008 when she last appeared and was still travelling in the circus game.

In my opinion..

Alan Fisher and Bobby Simpson.

Ailsa Stewart.

Beth Sutherland

I'd agree with Alan and Beth. Had Beth stayed, she could have become the next Pippa I think.

I don't know how much longer she would have stayed after Kit and Matilda went though.

I would have preferred Ailsa to stay over Alf in all honesty, but I wouldn't be surprised if Judy had just had enough by that point. She had time off earlier that year with illness and I wouldn't be surprised if she disliked her storylines in her final year or so (a secret daughter, losing the diner and her home etc.). Given she was a regular for 13 years, her exit was very poor - she could have had a slow death (like Flynn or Neighbours' Madge) or at least something like Bobby or Shane, where Judy and Ray could have given us some memorable acting moments.

To tell you the truth I would have preferred if Alf had the fatal heart attack in 2000 instead of Ailsa.

I asked Judy Nunn, when I met her at her book talk, if she would have stayed on Home & away if she didn't get into being a writer and she said more then likely.

• 1 month later...

Axel - The biggest disappointment for me. Firstly went up in my estimation when he fessed up to trying to rape Melody. Then after becoming an outcast, I liked how Jai befriended him and thought they were an awesome duo and was extremely annoyed when Larry accidentally killed him. I would have loved to have seen more stuff with Jai then Axel eventually become accepted by some of the other main characters like Kane was.

Elijah - His exit felt abrupt to me and I thought he had a lot more to give. Wish he'd stayed around longer and got past the stuff with Leah.

Freya - She was around for what a week. Really wanted to find out more about her and see her stir things up with some of the other younger (and older) characters.

Miranda - Xavier was punching well above his weight but who's arguing. Really good eye candy that I could have watched all day.

Jazz - MILF, funny as hell, especially when drunk. Just a shame the only reason why she was in the bay was because of Drew so once he left there was no coming back for her.

Mink - They started something with Xavier and was really disappointed they didn't follow it through. They would have been great together and she would have treated him far better than April did.

To tell you the truth I would have preferred if Alf had the fatal heart attack in 2000 instead of Ailsa.

I asked Judy Nunn, when I met her at her book talk, if she would have stayed on Home & away if she didn't get into being a writer and she said more then likely.

Home and Away without Alf, how would that work?

Home and Away without Alf, how would that work?

Alf is not what makes Home & Away. They can do the show without any of the characters. Where as shows like Buffy, she makes the show as the show is named after her.

Axel - The biggest disappointment for me. Firstly went up in my estimation when he fessed up to trying to rape Melody. Then after becoming an outcast, I liked how Jai befriended him and thought they were an awesome duo and was extremely annoyed when Larry accidentally killed him. I would have loved to have seen more stuff with Jai then Axel eventually become accepted by some of the other main characters like Kane was.

Strongly agree with Axel. Had a lot of potential and was disappointed to see him killed off in mid-2008.

Archived