Characters who left too soon

Homeandawayfan.

Floss - Had Neville died earlier on screen, she would have soldiered on and that would have strengthened Sheila Kennelly's acting chops but she probably would have been let go in 1990 around the same time as Celia.

I agree Viv and Emma were gone way too soon.

Roman and Miles definitely, they could have had a better Bromance than Miles/Elijah given their history. I suspect Leah would have been a factor but they would have got over that.

Narrelle, Morag, Alan and Barbara spring to mind. Casey Mitchell too. And I agree with Edward and Lynn.

The Poulos Boys could have been fun, what with Chris returning every year from 2000-04 everytime Leah so much as sneezed.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been so many characters that it´s hard to come up with them all but those that come to my mind now is

Shaundi Palmer: I though she was gonna be a part of the show and i think she would have added alot since she is the daughter to one of the longest staying characters on the show

Sid Walker: He was one of my favorite in the entire show, he left way to soon. I had expected him to be there in years, specially considering the articles i read about him

Will update post later on when i come up with someone else :)

It makes me wonder if the producers are responsible for the lack of original cast members still around today:

Lynn, Floss, Neville and Tom were all axed

I suspect Martin, Lance and Celia were.

Vanessa Downing supposedly quit because she missed working with Roger Oakley

While it's possible the younger cast members may have quit in a year or two anyway, as most young cast members do, there is always the chance one of them another long-termer like Sally or Leah, as none of the young ones I mentioned are active in the acting industry anymore.

I honestly think Floss, Tom, Celia and Pippa #1 would still be around today if they weren't axed. Frank Lloyd (Neville) is well into his 80s now, but I imagine they would have got a good 10-15 years or so out of him had he stayed.

Can someone give confirmation Carly and both of Steven's exits? Was she written out because Julian McMahon wanted to leave (or vice versa)?

It makes me wonder if the producers are responsible for the lack of original cast members still around today:

Lynn, Floss, Neville and Tom were all axed

I suspect Martin, Lance and Celia were.

Vanessa Downing supposedly quit because she missed working with Roger Oakley

While it's possible the younger cast members may have quit in a year or two anyway, as most young cast members do, there is always the chance one of them another long-termer like Sally or Leah, as none of the young ones I mentioned are active in the acting industry anymore.

I honestly think Floss, Tom, Celia and Pippa #1 would still be around today if they weren't axed. Frank Lloyd (Neville) is well into his 80s now, but I imagine they would have got a good 10-15 years or so out of him had he stayed.

Can someone give confirmation Carly and both of Steven's exits? Was she written out because Julian McMahon wanted to leave (or vice versa)?

I think Julian McMahon threw in the towel and they probably didn't want Carly widowed/divorced so she had to get on the bus too.

I reckon Adam Willits wanted to stretch his legs beyond Summer Bay.

Even though she didn't get many storylines, I was surprised to see Annie leave so early, as she did not seem the type that would leave home early.

Annie's exit was somewhat strange in my opinion.

Her and Jai left in 2009 to undertake a student exchange programme in Japan and then she came back briefly but things didn't work out with her and Romeo and then she left again to return to Japan.

I always got the impression her and Geoff were inseparable so it's weird they're so far away from one another as far as I know. She lasted nearly three years in longevity technically speaking but she was prominent for only two years in reality.

I think Julian McMahon threw in the towel and they probably didn't want Carly widowed/divorced so she had to get on the bus too.

I reckon Adam Willits wanted to stretch his legs beyond Summer Bay.

That's a shame really if it's true - no doubt in another year or so, the plan was for Carly to become a foster mum like Bobby and Sally. Many of the younger original cast (Carly, Steven, Lance, Martin, Lynn, Bobby) all seem to have given acting away which is a bit sad. In fact, of all the original young cast, Justine Clarke and Alex Papps are the only ones still around.

I only ask about Steven because his exit just seemed convienent to me more than anything - he had finished high school and was going to uni, he was the last left in his peer group and the younger teens (Blake, Karen, Sophie, Haydn) seemed to be taking over. I think, as I've said, he had potential to become a great long-termer had he stayed in 1996.

Archived