Martin "Ash" Ashford - George Mason

standbyme

That's strange and interesting to find out. This Martin "Ash' Ashford character on Casualty first appeared on the show in 1990.

I wonder if it's coincidence or the writers took the name from another show.

yeah to be honest I cannot remember his turn in the 1990s but he is quite a good character

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, DialMforMorag said:

Martin. God, complete deadwood. Stroppy shoulders, puppy eyes, frowning all the time. Pointless small talk. Nothing against the actor, but a pointless character IMO.

I thought he had great potential when he first started. Pairing him up with Phoebe has sucked the life out of his character. 

• Like 3

Personally I like Ash but I'd like to see him have some of his own story lines as opposed to them being Braxton related, why don't the writers go down the route of his love for cars, have him open a garage or something along those lines maybe they could show the struggle he faces with his criminal record and the fact no one would give him a chance. I'd also like them to look at his and Billie's past and explore this a bit  more as we only have bits to go on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see him opening up his own mechanic business, his past coming back to bite him in the butt in regards to that, Kyle and Andy and Alf teaming up to help out, and at a later date, taking on an apprentice or two who start out as troubled brats. And with Kat to keep him straight (as far as she knows lol), it could be good. They need to work more on character development, and so far everything we know about him is tied up with Brax :/ once Brax is gone, what's his character going to be used for? Relationship fodder? Sad. He's still a pretty clear slate, with plenty of room for a good story to play out and persona to develop, other then a list of women he's slept with.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did really like Ash up until the point where some sort of bizarre hostage exchange meant that Kyle finally got free of Phoebe's clutches only for Ash to get drawn in instead.And while Kyle did at least manage to retain his likability and personality even while lumbered with an annoying girlfriend, Ash declaring his love to some girl he barely knows just leaves me rolling my eyes.I believed in his relationship with Denny, so obviously that got cast aside for this nonsense.Oh well, seems it's over now, hopefully it stays that way.

Mind you, I think in many ways Ash gets a bad press.I'd often find myself nodding in agreement at a post criticising his recent behaviour only to stop when it added "And it's his fault that Brax is in jail!" No, it's not.Ash asked Brax to help him find his sister.It's not his fault that Brax decided to attack a man, steal money from him, force the money on Ash when he repeatedly said he didn't want it and stop him giving it away just to be absolutely sure he'd incriminate them.

• 1 year later...

I really hate the man he threatern everyone just because he doesn't get his way no one can has a past but him he finding out irean drinking problem 20 YEARS ago he will use she a bad mother irean raise a lot of foster kids in her time and he be in GAOL but that does matter he SHOULDNT be given custody he got a bad temper and fly of the handle I still think VJ should rethink of having Luc