Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Dan :)

Great to see Adam feature in that list. A lot of people are critical of Adam's longevity on the show but I liked the fact that he was around for five years and hence that continuity and familiarity was present during his years on the show. It was sad how everyone turned on him after Bobby's death and his return in 1999 didn't do him a great deal of justice as he became extra nasty and almost like a villain to some.

I always saw Lucas as a replacement to Henry as well as he naturally slotted into the teen group consisting of Ric, Matilda and Cassie after Henry left. Lucas wasn't a memorable character by any means but he wasn't a bad character at all though.

Nice to see Amanda, Beth, Kim and Max all feature as well.

1999 Adam was basically 1991 Adam who had swallowed a double-sized jar of Prick Pills. I swear Mat Stevenson channelled his Skinner character from Neighbours (Baddie who Todd Landers got involved with) for this brief return. I think the 1999 return was supposed to be for keeps but that went out of the window.

Back to Lucas, He was memorable but only because they recycled the Sally/Jack/Zinc/Plugger scripts from 1996 when he went "Bad".

I read that Bevan Lee regretted letting Max go.

I read that Bevan Lee regretted letting Max go.

Just as a related note for those that may be interested, this is what Bevan told BTTB in late 2004:

I never took to the character of Max personally. I know Coral enjoyed writing for him, but he didn't work for me. So when I came on to the show and had to lose some characters to cut down the cast budget, I made Max one of the ones I wrote out. Had I not had to make those economies, I probably would have kept him. I down-played his exit as we had a number of people leaving at that time and I didn't want to fill too much air time with a lot of goodbyes. There were some very touching scenes with Colleen however and I thought Sebastian did an excellent job of playing them. I think he is going to mature in to a very good performer. He has been written out in a way where Max could easily return to the Bay in the future if it is thought desirable for the story.

Just caught up on the latest updates, surprised to see Roo so low, I thought she'd be higher. She needs a storyline that doesn't revolve round Maddy and hopefully she'll get more points in the next poll. Rosie was one of the best guest character in recent years so its good to see her featured. Great to see Sarah getting some points, shes one of my faves in the 1993 episodes. Good to see Flynn, Jack, Jesse and Kane get some votes, though im guessing a huge fall since they were in the show.

Great to see Kim, Beth and Amanda feature. Takes me back to the 2006 days.

Really enjoying reading the results of these and the write ups, thanks!

Archived