Steve Peacocke hits out at tabloid rumours.

Guest Mishyy

LATEST IN CELEBRITY LI
Steve Peacocke hits out at tabloid rumours about his relationship with co-star Bridgette Sneddon
  • 30 MINUTES AGO SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 11:13AM
792148-71d42386-3c70-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238

Not happy ... Home And Away star Steve Peacocke has hit back at magazine claims his fiance Bridgette Sneddon “walked out” on him over his relationship with a cast mate. Source: News Corp Australia

HOME And Away star Steve Peacocke has slammed a “trashy” magazine that claims his fiance has left him over a fling with his cast mate Bonnie Sveen.

The 32-year-old former tradie who plays the hugely popular character Brax on theChannel Seven soap said he and partner Bridgette Sneddon were hurt by the report.

According to Woman’s Day, Sneddon “walked out” on him recently because of the “electric chemistry” between Peacocke and on-screen squeeze Sveen, who plays Ricky.

791819-3ad02238-3c6e-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238

“Electric chemistry” ... Woman’s Day has written about Home and Away co-stars Steve Peacock and Bonnie Sveen and their off-screen relationship. Source: Supplied

It’s not the first time the weekly tabloid has attacked the star couple, and Peacocke has had enough.

“It’s bizarre because right now Bridgette and I are sitting on the veranda at home having a cup of coffee,” he told News Corp Australia.

“This sort of thing annoys me. As a couple, we don’t ever chase the social scene, we’re not on social media, we’re not often in the limelight.

“We do what we have to do for work and that’s it. I’m happy to go to an event if it’s for work and I’ll say g’day to fans on the street. But we’re both very private.

“It’s not nice for people to spread rumours that are so without any journalistic merit. It’s hurtful.”

792174-47b32888-3c6e-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238

Private people ... Steve Peacocke says he and fiance Bridgette Sneddon were “hurt” by false magazine reports about their relationship. Picture: Julie Kiriacoudis Source: News Corp Australia

Today’s “garbage” report in the magazine comes just months after a similar story, for which Woman’s Day doctored images of Peacocke and Sveen.

“They had pictures of Bonnie and I filming a kissing scene and they Photoshopped out my character’s tattoos to make it look like it was real life or something.

“There are some top magazines out there, don’t get me wrong. But I tell people, don’t support trash magazines that trade on making stuff up.”

Sneddon, who joined the Home And Away cast this year to Summer Bay High principal Sophie, met Peacock a decade ago while both studying at the University of Western Sydney.

792253-32db456c-3c6e-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238

Being Sophie ... Bridgette Sneddon joined Home And Away this year to play Sophie, the onscreen flame of Kyle Pryor’s character Nate. Source: News Corp Australia

A downside to their respective rising profiles is the intrusion into their carefully guarded private lives. It’s something Peacocke said he still struggles with.

“The paparazzi have been pretty good to us. They’ve only taken a few photos and most of the time they respect our privacy. But at the same time, I hate the thought of being followed around town by someone with a camera.

“And then someone writes a story based on a photo. At the end of the day, if you buy those magazines, you’re supporting that invasion of privacy.

“I guess I understand that it’s some poor bugger trying to make a living by making stuff up. I just don’t get how someone could be happy to write something nasty that’s completely without truth.”

792306-63a23700-3c6e-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238

Life is good ... Steve Peacocke says “life is good” for him and fiance Bridgette Sneddon. Source: News Limited

Peacocke long ago encouraged his family and friends to avoid gossip about him and said he himself avoids the headlines.

The news about today’s claims were broken to him by a Channel Seven publicist, he said.

And given life is going so well for the performer, who had a role in blockbuster filmHercules this year, he’s keen to brush it off and move on.

“If that’s the worst of my problems, I guess I’m pretty lucky. There are lots of people out there doing far worse than me.

“I’ve got a pretty blessed life and Bridgette and I are still very much together. Life is good.”

Source

Unfortunately this is part of being a "celebrity" you have to take the good with the bad. Mags make up stories all the time and unless these celebrities do something about it like sue them, then they will keep doing it.

Thanks for posting the article.
I hate when magazines/newspapers just make stuff up to try and sell their product.
Glad Steve and Bridgette can in some ways just laugh off all the false media reports.
Hope the paps leave them alone now to just live their lives and only report on true things.

I hate when magazines/newspapers just make stuff up to try and sell their product.

Glad Steve and Bridgette can in some ways just laugh off all the false media reports.

Hope the paps leave them alone now to just live their lives and only report on true things.

I agree with the post above :)

I don't blame Steve for being upset about this especially when the papers are reporting on him and Bridgette's relationship incorrectly!

While I can understand Steve and Bridgette being 'private' people unfortunately as actors they're going to be in the spotlight no matter how much they want to avoid it but I guess they understand that's the nature of their jobs but their frustration about being reported on incorrectly is justified and hopefully the media learns their lesson to check their facts before officially reporting on it.

Hopefully Steve and Bridgette have the privacy they need from the public spotlight.

I think this report has come about solely because of the reason that Bridgette is in the show at the moment. Steve has afterall been working with Bonnie for quite awhile even before Bridgette came into the show.

I have no doubt that Steve and Bonnie do have good chemistry together on screen and off. But that is down too the nature of their work. Actors need to have chemistry with each other to make their scenes flow and seem natural. So this is probably just an publicity stunt made so more papers get sold.

I agree with the post above :)

Hear! Hear! I agree with you too! :)

Archived