Dieter Brummer admits.

Guest sindikatas

It's interesting but I think he's actually really natural as Shane, very enjoyable to watch and his acting is absolutely fine. I'm shocked that he was only 19 when Shane was killed off! When I watched back in the 90's I always thought of Shane and Angel as being in their early to mid-20's when they were married (and they kinda looked/acted like they were even older than that Imo).

Other people have made it big in the states after HAA so it's not impossible.Shane and Angel are still one of the most popular couples to ever come out of the show so I'm finding it difficult to see where he's coming from though he doesn't exactly say he's ashamed of the show.Many people aren't fans of their own work.I guess many find it easy to blame the show to an extent when hollywood doesn't work out for them.It seems to be a bit of a trend.

Like Lynd said, most actors cringe at their own work so I think it's more of a reflection of his own self confidence as an actor back then, rather disliking the show. But it does seem like if an actor dislikes their work, they shift the blame onto the show sometimes.

Other people have made it big in the states after HAA so it's not impossible.Shane and Angel are still one of the most popular couples to ever come out of the show so I'm finding it difficult to see where he's coming from though he doesn't exactly say he's ashamed of the show.Many people aren't fans of their own work.I guess many find it easy to blame the show to an extent when hollywood doesn't work out for them.It seems to be a bit of a trend.

He doesn't criticize the show, but his own work. That is the difference. He isn't the only actor who has done that. They are filming a lot of scenes without having time too play it over. It is different to have a role in a every day soap than in shorter drama series.

And he is critic against the extreme attention H&A gets (in Australia). And from a distance I have always wondered about that. H&A actors seem to be extremely popular in their own country, more like pop stars really. We have a Norwegian produced soap which is popular here, but the actors/actresses don't get that pop star status. It seems to me that H&A actors/actresses get more attention than real huge stars, something I find weird. It is not strange that it is not good for their career. Because they tend to be bigger than the show and the storylines, and who wants to hire an actor like that.

Thanks for linking the article sindikatas :)

Dieter is entitled to his opinion on the show and whether he thinks he's proud of his work or not. The impression I got was that he more critical of his work rather than the show as a whole but that's just my take on what he's saying here.

It's disappointing that he holds these views as I thought he did a good job playing Shane Parrish when he was on the show and considering how young he was he did an extremely good job in the end.

Archived