Finding Something True

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Four: Names

Charlie was lying in bed hugging her pillow. She wouldn't deny the feelings within her that we screaming run. It wasn't that she didn't like Summerbay but the thought of him, Darryl Braxton, coming to the town and seeing her pregnant scared her. Charlie didn't want him to feel obligated to stay in one town and be a father, she could do it on her own, and she had accepted that it was her future.

"Mum. Mum"

"Mum. Are you home?"

Charlie lifted her face from her pillow and wiped her tears away as the door flung open and in walked her girls.

Ruby looked concerned as she rushed forward. "Mum, what's wrong?"

Charlie propped herself up on her pillows. "Nothing. How was school?"

Nicole crawled up on the bed. "It was fine. Don't lie to us, mum, what happened?"

Charlie exhaled. "Well you both know the baby's Uncle lives here"

"Yeah Heath, he's pretty awesome. April and Tamara were telling us some stories, the baby is going to have an awesome Uncle, well Uncles" Ruby blubbered on until Nicole nudged her. "Oh right, so what happened?"

"Well after my doctor's appointment..."

Nicole cut her off grinning. "Is it a boy or girl?"

"Nic" Ruby hissed.

Nicole looked at her mother sheepishly. "Right, sorry"

Charlie smiled as she looked at her girls. "It's okay. You're going to have a brother"

Ruby and Nicole squealed. "A boy?! Seriously? Yes" Ruby exclaimed.

"Thank god. We don't need any more Ruby's" Nicole said with a smile as she looked at her sister who was lying back on the bed grinning happily.

"Hey!" Ruby exclaimed.

Nicole giggled. "Shh. Mum's telling us what's wrong"

Ruby nodded. "Okay. We can talk about baby names after"

Charlie's jaw dropped. "Names?! You're getting a bit ahead of yourself, Rubes"

Ruby raised an eyebrow. "You're gonna have the baby soon, are we going to call him blob for the rest of his life?"

"Alright enough. Do you want to know what I have to tell you?" Charlie looked at them both as they sat up on their knees and waited for her to speak. "Darryl Braxton, the baby's father is coming to Summerbay"

"Does he know about the baby?" Nicole frowned.

Charlie shook her head. "No, he doesn't know. He is coming here to see his brothers"

"Are you going to tell him about blob?" Ruby asked as she reached her hand out and placed it on Charlie's stomach, holding it there.

Charlie smiled sadly. "I'm going to have to. I just want you girls to know that blobs father is going to know but that doesn't mean he will stay, okay?"

Nicole sighed as she moved up the bed and into Charlie's right arm, cuddling into her side. Ruby laid her head down on Charlie's stomach allowing her mother to play with her hair.

"One of our fathers has to want a baby right?" Nicole breathed. "Dad left me. Ruby's dad didn't want her. But blob has a chance right mum?"

Charlie looked down at her girls, a tear making its way down her cheek. "No matter what we are a family, we don't need a man to make us whole" Charlie told them as she kissed the tops of their heads.

"Do you think he'll want to see the baby?" Ruby was quiet when she spoke.

Charlie sighed. "I don't know, Rubes, I don't know" Charlie rubbed her fingers through Ruby's hair; she didn't want to see her girls feeling sad. "Hey, why don't you help me pick a name for blob?"

Ruby looked up. "Edward?"

Nicole exhaled loudly. "We are not naming him after a sparkly fake controlling vampire"

Ruby giggled. "You hate the movie"

"Twilight is stupid" Nicole told her sister.

"What name do you like then huh?" Ruby asked with a playful scowl.

Nicole smiled. "I like the name Ben"

Ruby nodded. "I like it, Benjamin Buckton, Ben for short. Mum?"

"I do like Ben but I don't like Benjamin Buckton as a name. Just as I don't like Edward Buckton"

"My turn" Ruby said as she looked thoughtful. "How about Alexander?"

Nicole scrunched up her nose. "No. How about Tyler?"

Ruby pointed her finger. "There is a Tyler in twilight, he's not a main cast member but..."

Nicole shook her head. "Not Tyler then, uh, how about Ethan?"

Charlie giggled. "Girls, do I get a choice?"

Nicole and Ruby turned to look at their mum; she was staring at them with an amused smirk playing across her lips.

"What do you think, mum?" Ruby asked as she rolled onto her stomach and propped her chin up on her hand.

Charlie smiled. "Well I do like Cody. What do you two think?"

"Cody Buckton?" Nicole chewed on her bottom lip as she rolled onto her back and looked up at the ceiling fan. "I like it. Sis?"

Ruby nodded. "I like it. But Cody would need a middle name"

"Well how about if you two can come up with a name you agree on then Cody can have that as a middle name" Charlie offered.

Nicole and Ruby looked at each other. "Okay" They agreed in unison.

Charlie smiled. "Excellent. Cody is going to be one special little guy"

Ruby looked at her mother seriously. "Is he really going to be a Buckton, not a Braxton?"

"Uh" Charlie frowned. "I hadn't...I hadn't considered"

"Are you not going to hyphenate it like my name? Nicole Charlotte Harris-Buckton" Nicole looked up at Charlie. "I'm so lucky that my real mum let you and Roman name me"

Charlie tried not to flinch at the sound of Nicole calling her father by his name. "I didn't think about hyphenating because I didn't think the baby would meet Darryl"

Ruby looked over at Nicole. "Do you like being a Harris?"

Nicole shrugged. "I don't use it. I just say Nicole Buckton"

"We could look into changing it, uh, if you want, sweetheart" Charlie said as she rubbed her hand over Nicole's forehead.

"You mean I wouldn't have to be Harris-Buckton?" Nicole asked as she rolled onto her side. "I could just be, Nicole Charlotte Buckton?"

Ruby giggled. "It would be so weird because I'm Ruby Charlotte Buckton. Only our first names would be different"

Charlie grinned. "Do you know why I gave you both the same middle name?"

The girls shook their heads as they awaited an answer.

"I always wanted you to be connected. You're both my daughters, you are sisters even if the blood flowing through your veins isn't the same" Charlie whispered.

"I love you, mum"

Charlie smiled. "I love you both as well"

Nicole glanced over at Ruby. "I think I know what the middle name should be, how about James, after our best friend from primary school, Rubes"

Ruby grinned. "Cody James Buckton? Uh, or Cody James Buckton-Braxton, whatever you chose" Ruby said with a shrug.

Charlie smiled. "Okay girls, Cody James, its perfect" Charlie assured them.

^..^

Heath walked through the house on his mobile watching as Bianca danced around the kitchen with Darcy as they cooked dinner.

"Heath, are you listening?"

Heath scratched the side of his head. "Yeah Brax, I am. Look I don't need your help. The last time I saw you was nine years ago. You know nothing about me, about my family, our brothers" Heath glanced down at the floor. "When we needed you, you weren't there Brax so don't tell me that I need your help.

"Babe, everything okay?" Bianca asked as she stepped into the living room, pulling Harley away from the coffee table that he was trying to climb up onto.

"Babe? Do you have a girlfriend or something?" Brax scoffed from the other end of the phone line.

Heath exhaled as he looked at Bianca, she was speaking softly to Harley as she placed him in his porta cot. He smiled knowing they'd had to set it up in the living room simply because he was always getting into mischief that it was used to make sure he didn't ruin the house and hurt himself. "I'm married" Heath finally spoke. "You would know that if you had bothered to keep in contact"

"Heath..."

"Why are you even coming back, Brax? None of us need or want you here"

Brax chuckled. "Our brothers will be happy to see me. I've changed, Heath"

Heath sighed. "Sure Brax, it's only taken you eleven years to do so"

"Look, I need to settle down. I met someone a while back, I need find her but I need to get stable first"

Heath looked at Bianca wide eyed, causing her to look at him curiously. "You...you met someone?"

Brax chuckled. "Charlie was her name; she was the most amazing person. I told her I didn't want anything serious. But she is the one, bro"

^..^

Hope you all enjoyed the fourth chapter.

Thank-you to those who took the time to review, hearing your thoughts on my stories really does make them worth writing.

Questions:

What did you think of the baby's name? Should he be a Buckton or Braxton?

Where do you think Brax and Charlie should meet?

Cody James is such a cute name. :wub: Love that Brax wants to be with Charlie, lets just hope Charlie gives him a chance. As for the surname for the baby, of course it's up to you to make that choice, but right now I'd say with Charlie having nothing to do with Brax and as far as Charlie is aware Brax wont be in the child's life so I'd be more likely to say she'd name him Cody Buckton. Can always change his name at a later date if things with Chax progress....

Chapter Five: Birth

Charlie gripped Bianca's hand tightly as she tried to make her way to the car, barely able to take a step without panting. Charlie didn't know how woman experienced so much pain, she'd had Ruby by c-section and was so thankful she hadn't had to experience a proper labour; her c-section had been planned months prior.

"God, this hurts" Charlie moaned as she gripped the door frame. "I can't. I can't make it to the car. This baby is coming. I need to push"

Bianca's face turned pale. "What?! No. No, you don't" Bianca told her sternly as she turned to Ruby and Nicole who were standing in the living room holding Charlie's bags. "Girls, I need..."

Charlie cut her off. "Bianca! I have to push"

Bianca looked at the couch. "Oh god. Alright, alright. Nicole I need to go and grab all the pillows. Ruby get lots of towels"

"Owwwww" Charlie moaned as she placed her right hand on her hip. "He's coming, I can feel his head"

Bianca bit her bottom lip as she guided Charlie towards the floor beside the couch. "Alright, you have to lower yourself"

"I can't!"

Bianca glared. "Well I don't think I'll be able to catch him when he comes flying out so lay down"

Charlie groaned. "You’re a bitch, I'm the one having the damn baby" Charlie moaned as she leaned back to the pillows Nicole had set up. "I swear when Heath gets home from the airport with Brax, I will murder him"

Bianca pushed Charlie's knees up. "I thought you didn't want him to know you are here"

Charlie gripped her thighs. "Who am I kidding...owww...he's gonna find out. I'll just kill him for putting me in this position"

Bianca glanced up at the two girls. "I need you to call, Nate"

"He's not going to make it" Charlie moaned as she looked into Bianca's eyes, sweat dripping from her forehead. "You ready?"

Bianca shook her head. "Are you kidding? Are you ready?"

Charlie glared. "I don't have a choice. Just..." Charlie breathed heavily. "Just make sure he's okay. I have to push"

Bianca pushed her sleeves up. "I can't believe I'm about to do this" Bianca said as she peeked down. "Oh god, it’s his head"

"Owwww" Charlie screamed as she pushed. "Ooooh god"

Nicole fell to her knees beside Charlie taking her hand. "I'm here, mum"

"Nate wants to know how far apart the contractions are?" Ruby asked from behind the couch holding the phone to her ear.

Bianca looked up. "Less than a minute"

Ruby shook her head. "He says he's not going to make it"

Bianca groaned as Charlie let out a scream. "Alright. Uh, okay, Charlie you can push"

"I am" Charlie shouted at her. "Nicole, Ruby" Charlie panted. "Go to your rooms"

Ruby dropped down on Charlie's left side taking her hand, she looked at Nicole who was doing the same on the right. "We aren't leaving you mum, you'll be okay"

Charlie exhaled as she gripped her girl’s hands tightly. "You don't need to be here. You don't need to hear me shouting, swearing or saying..." Charlie moaned.

Bianca looked up. "One more should do it Charlie"

"It hurts too much" Charlie said as she leaned back against the pillows.

Bianca rubbed her leg. "I know. I know but you’re nearly done. One more big push" Bianca told her.

Charlie looked at Bianca. "One...one more" Bianca nodded. "Ooooh, oooh god" Charlie groaned as she gripped Nicole and Ruby's hands with force.

The sounds of crying filled the living room almost immediately, Charlie fell back into the pillows in exhaustion.

Bianca looked down as she wrapped the baby in a white fluffy towel. Getting up she moved so she was kneeling beside Nicole, placing the baby in Charlie's arms.

"Hi baby" Charlie breathed softly as she grabbed his little hand, holding it gently as she looked down. "Hello Cody, I'm your mummy"

Ruby leaned forward and pulled the towel away from his face. "I'm your big sister, Ruby"

Nicole kneeled up high and smiled. "And I'm Nicole, your other sister"

Charlie looked over and smiled as she looked at Bianca who was wiping the sweat from her head with her arm. "Cody, I want you to meet your Auntie Bianca, she brought you into this world and she is your godmother"

Bianca looked slightly stunned. "What?"

Charlie giggled softly. "You just delivered my son on the middle of my living room floor, your covered in I don't even want to know what so I think you deserve it"

"Bloody hell I do" Bianca said as she reached out. "Give me the baby" Bianca took the baby gently from Charlie's arms allowing her a moment to hug her daughters. "You Cody are going to hear about this for the rest of your life" Bianca told him sternly.

"How are we?" Nate asked as he flung the door open in a hurry.

Charlie glanced up. "Good, we are all here, all breathing"

Nate grinned as he knelt down on the floor. "Good. Seems like you did a great job, Bianca" Nate said as he looked at the blonde who was looking down at the baby smiling. "You should have been a nurse"

Bianca looked up horrified. "And do that for a living? No thank-you. I will stick to teaching kids that aren't slimy and covered in uh, stuff"

Nate chuckled. "Uh, yeah. Alright, let’s get you and the little man checked over and then we'll take you to the hospital"

^..^

Bianca basically jumped Heath as he stepped into the hospital room. "You won't believe it?"

Heath arched an eyebrow. "That Charlie's given birth? Pretty sure I can see the evidence right there" Heath gestured towards Charlie who sat on the bed cradling Cody.

Bianca hit his chest. "No. I delivered that baby. I delivered Cody"

Heath chuckled. "Nice try, babe, you ain't a doctor"

"I'm serious" Bianca followed him to the bed.

Charlie glanced up at Heath. "She did, she delivered him. Which is why Ruby and Nicole have agreed on something else" Charlie nodded towards the two girls who were curled up on the couch sleeping. "His name is not Cody James"

Bianca raised her eyebrow. "It's not? Please tell me I haven't been calling him Cody when his names something else"

Charlie giggled. "No. His name is Cody Scott" Charlie looked at Heath. "Cody Scott Buckton-Braxton"

Heath smiled. "You..."

"Not because of Brax, even though he is Cody's father and yes Cody is going to know of him but it's because he has a family of Braxton's and he will know you, your his uncle and he deserves to have both sides of his family shown within him" Charlie said as she lifted Cody up slipping him into Heath's awaiting arms.

Bianca looked at her husband. "Where is that brother of yours?"

Heath sighed. "I dropped him at mums. Kyle and Case are at Irene's with our lot, I need to talk to them about Brax before he suddenly reveals himself" Heath said as he looked down at the kid in his arms. "Hey Cody, I'm your Uncle Heath, I think you and I are going to be best buddies, already picking on your Auntie"

"Hey!" Bianca exclaimed to which Heath looked at her. "Okay so it was gross but I'm thankful, I brought a human into the world"

Charlie giggled. "Bi, you've given birth before"

Bianca smiled. "I know but it's different when you’re on the other end"

Charlie leaned back into the bed smiling at her best friend. "I'll have to trust you on that one"

"You’re calmer" Heath noticed.

"I'm not pregnant anymore" Charlie retorted causing them all to chuckle a little. "Seriously? I just realised I have a lot to be thankful for. I can deal with Brax another day"

Heath looked at her nervously. "About that..."

Charlie arched her eyebrow. "What?"

Bianca giggled. "He's in love"

"Ooh" Charlie murmured, she couldn't say the thought of Brax, the father of her child, the man that was so sweet to her the night she met, being in love with another woman didn't hurt because it did hurt slightly.

Bianca rolled her eyes as she pushed Charlie's leg. "With you"

^..^

Hope you all enjoyed the fifth chapter.

Thank-you to those who took the time to review, hearing your thoughts on my stories really does make them worth writing.

Questions:

What did you think of Bianca being the one to deliver Cody?

Brax is up next chapter, who should he see first?

Chapter Six: Truth and Meetings.

Bianca gaped as she walked through the front door of Irene's house. She couldn't believe the mess her children had made in one night. The clothes, books, bottles and plates that had been left lying around. She could sense Heath's presence beside her and could practically feel his body shaking with laughter.

Bianca shook her head. "This isn't funny, Heath, wait till I get my hands on the older five"

Heath rubbed his hands over her arms. "Relax. We'll makes them clean it but we are here for something more important"

Bianca nodded as Tamara came out of the bedroom, her eyes widening at their presence. "Uh...the parents are here" Tamara called out as she looked around the main part of the house noticing how messy it was. "Uh hi!"

Bianca raised her eyebrow as she picked up a piece of Kyle's clothing and tossed it to the side. "Morning sweetheart, we will be talking about this later. Where is everyone?"

Tamara shrugged as she pulled out of Heath's tight hug. "I don't know. The boys are sleeping and Irene took Harley to the diner to get breakfast"

Heath grinned as he brought his fingers up to his mouth and let out a loud whistle. "Wakey. Wakey!"

Bianca brought her hands away from her ears. "Are you right? Geez Heath, that hurt"

Tamara groaned. "I think I lost my hearing"

"You'll be right, kid" Heath chuckled as he moved a stack of school books to the floor so he could take a seat.

It wasn't long before doors begun opening and the kids shuffled out into the lounge room. Kyle and Casey looked like they had barely slept a wink of sleep and came into view with grumpy expressions.

"What's going on?" Kyle groaned as he fell over the back of the couch into a comfortable position. "It's too early"

"Got that right" Casey grumbled as he flopped into a nearby chair shifting when he realized he was sitting on Harley's toy blocks.

"Dad. Mum" Darcy greeted with excitement as she came staring out of the bedroom.

Heath shot out of his chair. "Who put make up on my nine year old?" Heath demanded to know as he looked at Tamara and April.

Bianca examined Darcy's face before looking at her two eldest girls. "Go and wash it off now"

"Bi..."

Bianca gave them a stern look. "I said now"

April grabbed Darcy's hand. "Come on, Darce"

As the bathroom door clicked shut concealing the three girls Heath let out a huff. "Daughters. We could of had more sons, babe"

Bianca rolled her eyes. "We have these two and Harley. That's plenty"

Kyle covered his eyes. "Is there a reason you woke us up so early?"

Heath nodded. "Sit up. This is important"

Kyle and Casey opened their eyes as they sat up, looking at Heath and Bianca with curious expressions. Heath wasn't sure how he was meant to start the conversation, how he was meant to tell both boys that their older brother was back. They still hadn't forgiven him for leaving them, as Casey put it frequently abandoning them.

Casey noticed the serious look in Heath's eyes, a look his brother barely wore. "What's going on?"

Bianca smiled softly as she took Heath's hand. "We want you both to know that we love you very much, you're an important part of our family and we love you both like our own children"

Kyle raised an eyebrow. "What happened?"

Heath scratched the side of his head, his left hand gripping Bianca's firmly. "I got a call from Brax a few weeks ago, I didn't know how to tell you that he's back in Summerbay...well technically Mangrove River with mum which is why I brought you guys over here yesterday before I picked him up from the airport"

Casey stared blankly. "Brax...Brax? Our brother is back?" Casey asked softly the tears that he was holding onto could be heard in his voice.

Bianca stood up and moved over to sit on the arm of his chair. "Yes mate, Brax is back" Bianca confirmed as she wrapped her arms around Casey holding back her own sadness as she listened to his heaving sobs.

Heath watched as his wife held onto his baby brother, he couldn't help the rage that sat within him as he looked at Casey who had buried his face in Bianca's stomach. His eyes suddenly drifting to Kyle when he realized the fourteen year old hadn't said a word. "Kyle. Mate"

Kyle blinked as he looked at Heath, his fist clenching. "Keep him away from me" Kyle spat before the rage that clouded his face was replaced with a mask of indifference. "I'm going to stay with you guys...uh, at your house"

Heath glanced over at Bianca before nodding. "Sure. Kyle, do you want to talk about it?"

"No"

^..^

"Ryan, that one's mine" VJ whined as he reached for the logo man that Ryan was holding.

Ryan glanced up. "I got it for my birthday, VJ, it's mine"

Leah stepped out into the living room ready to intervene. She knew the boys were close but as all kids do they could get into some rather explosive arguments.

"But it's mine" VJ whined.

Ryan sighed as he reached over and placed the logo man in VJ's hand. "You play with him for a little while"

Seeing the look of defeat in Ryan's eyes, Leah smiled sadly. The nine year old did a lot to make VJ happy, the seven year old only had to ask. And although Leah hated to admit VJ was going through a phase that if he didn't get what he wanted he would whine and cry. "Ry, would you like to come to the diner?"

Ryan glanced up his head bobbing. "Yeah"

Leah smiled as she witnessed at grin creeping up on Ryan face. "Go get ready"

VJ looked up as Ryan raced out of the room. "I want to come, mummy"

Leah moved further into the room and ran her hand through VJ's hair. "No today, sweetie. You're going to have fun with, Miles"

VJ looked at her curiously. "Is Miles my daddy?"

Leah hadn't expected that, her mouth gaped a little. VJ had never asked about his father. He wasn't born when Vinnie died and too young when Dan died. In all honesty it hadn't crossed Leah's mind to have the conversation. "Well..." Leah sat up on the sofa and opened her arms.

VJ got up off the floor and climbed onto her lap. "Is he?"

Leah patted his knee. "No sweetheart"

"Is he Ryan's daddy?"

Leah shook her head as she brushed VJ's fridge aside. "No. Miles is going to be mummy's husband"

VJ sighed. "Can I have a daddy? Santa can bring me one"

Leah sighed as she smiled at VJ sadly. "That's not how it works honey but Miles will do all the things daddy's do"

VJ looked up his innocent eyes shining. "Can Miles be my daddy?"

Leah pulled VJ into a hug, kissing his head softly. She knew Miles wanted to be their father, she knew how good he was with them but Leah couldn't bring herself to speak. The nagging question was there in her mind. What if she said yes and Miles left?

^..^

Ruby caught the shiny pebble that Nicole tossed at her grinning when she could see her reflection. They were cutting through the car park towards the diner to get real food for Charlie because apparently hospital food was disgusting.

"Do you think mum would like chocolate cake?" Ruby asked as they walked along the gravel.

Nicole turned to her. "Are you kidding? She'll kill us if we don't take some back"

Ruby nodded. "You're right. We'll get her a coffee as well, a real one not decaf, she's missed those"

"Damn"

Ruby and Nicole looked up at the sound of a male's voice; he was leaning against his car awkwardly juggling to bags and a tray with two coffees. "Are you okay?" Nicole asked as she went to take a step towards him.

Ruby yanked on her sister's arm. "Are you insane? He could be a pedophile or a crazy person"

Nicole gave her sister a weird look as she pulled her arm out of her grasp. "Ruby"

"What? It's possible"

The man before them let out a laugh causing both girls to raise an eyebrow. "Definitely not a pedophile"

Ruby looked at him. "I'm sure they all say that"

He simply chuckle. "I'm not"

"Crazy person is optional" Ruby muttered.

Nicole exhaled. "Excuse my rude sister. I'm Nicole. And she is Ruby"

"Nice to meet you girls. I'm Darryl"

^..^

Hope you all enjoyed the sixth chapter.

Questions:

How do you think the girls will react?

Archived